Bluebird card / direct deposit of tax refund

1 Savannah, GA, United States Review updated:

THE BLUEBIRD CARD IS A USELESS PIECE OF CRAP!!! this card is of NO USE!!! Most businesses don't even accept them!!! THE ONLY PLACE I CAN GET CASH BACK IS WALMART!!! AND NOW after filing my taxes, I find out you can't even load your tax refund on it, IT will REJECT IT!! SO i HAVE TO WAIT A MONTH OR MORE FOR A PAPER CHECK FROM THE IRS!!! USELESS PIECE OF CRAP!!!

Eb
Feb 17, 2013

Comments

• Kh
      Feb 19, 2013

I did the same thing, but I'm having serious delays on my tax return regardless. E-Mail me at Christopher.[protected]@mail.com if you get your refund. I want to know how long it takes, I have heard all sorts of things.

• Ht
      Mar 01, 2013

I am kind of mad to I can't call the IRS until March 4th then it can takes weeks before they get a paper check to me. The card is not FDIC approved so that should be a red flag to let everyone know your money is not safe thats why they dont allow government money transactions to go through.

I rather stick with just a normal bank account I figured having no fees would be easier but losing out on getting my refund the day before my mortgage was due kind of upset me

• Fu
      Mar 19, 2013

I feel like a ###ING FRIENDLY REMINDER from Amex would have been useful, I am in the same situation, all they did was send me an email and act like it was no big deal when I called...

• Zm
      Mar 05, 2018

I decided to put the routing number and account number for my Amex Bluebird card for my IRS Refund Direct Deposit. The IRS have directly deposited it on 2/26/2018 and it's now 3/5/2018 and it's still not showing on my Amex Bluebird card. I chose the Bluebird account because online it said that you can get your IRS refund 2 days faster. That is a blatant lie and a false advertisement. Had I known that Bluebird would just lie to me, I would have just used my other bank accounts. I would not recommend Amex Bluebird to anyone. The moment I get this settled with Bluebird I will be closing that account and will never use it again.