Best Deal Magazines / Bad service

Best Deal Magazines
Low prices, but definitely not worth the couple dollars you'll save. Unbelievably slow process... Their website clearly states "Please allow 8-14 weeks for your subscription to start. This is the industry standard." However, it is now 16 weeks after I placed my order and have yet to receive a single issue of either of the two I ordered. I emailed customer service, and finally got a response back after four days, saying that one of my magazines should be coming within the next "several weeks" and for the other one, an inquiry that will take two weeks has been sent to the clearinghouse.

They really need to revise their time estimate to reflect a more accurate picture of the horribly slow process - regardless of whose fault it is, whether it is the clearinghouse, publisher, or theirs. I could understand a rare delay in the 8-14 week process, but it seems delays beyond the 14 week upper end are the norm.

A  11th of Jul, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Yeap, I'm still waiting for my magazine after 4 months, and nothing has ever arrived
Credit card company won't refund my purchase because it was 90 days ago
so I'm screwed out of it
bestdealmagazines.com kept saying they were looking into my magazine and that normally it takes 14 weeks for a subscription to begine, etc etc... I think thats just a stall tatic, so that after 90 days pass you won't have any chance of getting a refund
D  2nd of Mar, 2010 by
Wow... I have been ordering from them since 2004 and have NEVER had a problem. I have probably ordered at least 15 magazines. Their coupon codes always work and give me an extra 15-18% off their lowest prices. At most it has taken 4-6 weeks to get my first magazine. Nope I do not work for them, I am just a stay at home mom who likes a good deal.
N  6th of Apr, 2010 by
I have ordered a few magazine subscriptions recently and a few in the past and never had a problem. I try to stay to one year subscriptions though. Never sure if they will continue after that. It does take about 12 weeks on some magazines, and some maybe 8 weeks. You get what you pay for. I don't mind waiting the extra time. In the end I always got the full number of issues that I paid for. I have only used them and magazinedealsnow.com. I try to comparison shop on magazinepricesearch.com and magazinepricecomparison.com. If anyone has any cheaper sites please leave a note on here. Love a bargain, but only if its a good company. Thanks.
N  10th of Aug, 2010 by
I ordered Consumer Reports from Best Deal in April. Today is August 10th and I am yet to receive my first issue. I have been corresponding with them for over a month, getting a runaround. Today I requested a full refund. WILL NEVER USE THIS SERVICE AGAIN.
N  30th of Jan, 2013 by
I ordered 4 subscriptions, one for each of my grand kids. I placed this order in Nov 2012 as of the end of Jan 2013 only one has gotten theirs. I contacted them and looks like it could be May :( never again with this company!
N  7th of Jan, 2014 by
DO NOT USE THIS WEBSITE TO ORDER ANY MAGAZINES FROM...IT IS A SCAM WEBSITE...I ordered 2 magazine subscriptions from them at the end of October 2013 as a Christmas gift and still have not received the magazines...tried calling several times and just get recording stating they are on the other line helping other customers but to leave a message and they will call back...left several messages no return calls...tried email but no response...HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE WILL NEVER USE OR RECOMMEND!!!
A  23rd of Sep, 2016 by
I had the same issue with this company Best deal magazines. They never contact me and i have lawyer looking into their company. They dont return calls or emails. I always get their voicemail when i call. Two subscriptions ordered in July and now its sept nothing. Never going with them again.
A  23rd of Jul, 2017 by
I thought I was the only one but it seems a lot ov people went through it, subscribed and never received an issue. I wrote "Customer Service" and never received a reply. Please don't use this site. I used magazineline and they really offer good service. Magazines may not be at a low price but they offer you a 3 installments pay plan.