Benepath / Fraud and scam

This vendor supplies health internet leads for insurance agents and brokers. Their website makes contradictory claims that there is no commitment to use their service and that one may cancel at any time. They also promise closing rates of 30% and claim that shoppers do not visit competitor's websites. I have not closed anywhere near 30% of their leads, although I did when I used a vendor that does not supply live health leads any longer (vimo.com).

In addition, I was stuck into a 4-week agreement, but they then changed it to 6 weeks without any notification or terminology in the agreement. You do not have any control over your lead volume or leads territories. You have to rely on the company to do that and must notify them 7 days in advance of any changes or stopping of leads no matter what. Seven days cost me over a thousand dollars worth of leads that I could never get to answer their phones, no matter what time of the day or night I called them. If you want to purchase internet leads, I would recommend leadco.biz and stay away from Benepath by any and all means.

Va

More Benepath Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Cl
      5th of Mar, 2009

I'm not sure who this person is, but I will address his/her complaints one at a time:

1) The offer our site makes this language is on our FAQ page "When can I cancel?
    A. You can at any time after the first four weeks by simply providing us with two weeks notice."
    - we have never changed any contract language without providing agents with proper notice - and we have only changed our contract one time to current agents - and it was not an increase in the cancellation notice.
    2) We have agents who are closing over 30% of their leads. Close rates vary based on many factors, but the one factor that is most important is an agent's selling skills. If you are good, you will make your sales. If you follow-up with leads after the 1st week you will make your sales.
    3) While we don't control where people go after they goto Benepath.com, in our own tests we found that less than 10% of our leads went to another site for health insurance quotes. We have never had a customer dispute this statistic.
    4) Pause notices - I verbally tell every customer that we need advance notice to pause (we build custom campaigns and need time to turn them off), its in our welcome email, and it is in our agreement. This was no surprise to whoever wrote this complaint. In emergency situation, we have always done what we could to get things off sooner - if it is at all possible.

Clelland Green
    President - http://www.benepath.com

• Po
      5th of Apr, 2009

I have used Benepath for almost 2 years. I recently canceled my relationship with them. I found Clelland Green to be very honest and willing to work with me on shutting down leads when needed. He is more accomidating then what is in the contract for sure. That being said it does not help you quickly.

As for as closing ratios??? I have been at this 15 years with a number of lead companies. 30% is stretching it for sure. I seriously doubt any one is closing that ratio, with the number of shoppers and non serious leads that are supplied. My biggest complaint is you have no control over the number of leads yo get daily. I have had 20 leads dumped on me with no reason behind it. Other days no leads at all. Also he is constantly looking to increase your costs.

I would suggest you do not get involved unless you have deep pockets.

• Wi
      12th of Mar, 2012

The leads are expensive but they are great leads. 30% is easy with these leads (I do at least 40%)

They did make clear to me that I need provide notice before stopping the leads for any length of time.

• Kd
      19th of Oct, 2012

I can say as a broker who markets 99% of my new business from the internet, I have used several leads vendors over the past five years. What I have found is that there are two types of web leads:

1. buyers. (above age 35, in between jobs, 50’s laid off and need temp health plans or mini med plans, Senior Markets sopping for Medicare)
    2. liars (age 18 to 34, to much time on smart phone wishing they had insurance and wondering if they can afford it)

Buyer beware: understand your target market and through experience ask your lead vendor to put specific filters for the type of client you're looking for. Keep in mind that the lead vendor’s job is to produce as many leads as possible that meet your profile.

I've talked with several SEO web developers who admit honestly that it cost more money per month to drive traffic to your specific website to get a lead that it is for you to buy good quality leads from a lead vendor if your monthly advertising budget is under $500 month.

I am one of those agents who can say I'm in the 30% closing ratio for my target market of senior leads.
    Industry average about 10% of the individual market if you don't have specific filters.

More filters means more cost and less volume equals higher quality closing ratio.

I found Benepath to be honest to work with. They don't claim to be the lowest the provider. Nor do I see them selling me a lot of bogus leads generated by other lead vendors who resell their unsold leads to other lead vendors.

Benepath takes pride in providing leads that they have gathered themselves.

• Be
      14th of Mar, 2013

Benepath is garbage. The leads are not exclusive as advertised and they do not return bad leads. I have not had 1 person confirm that they have requested an exclusive quote from my web page or has requested to be contacted. Big scam

• In
      22nd of Nov, 2013

I have used Benepath for exclusive group health leads 5+ for at least two yeas. I do NOT close 30%, but mostly due to employers who are under the time gun or in crisis mode. 30% are just "shoppers" and want to find that pie in the sky rate / plan.

I find them to be good, although I wish they returned more leads, especially for those "shoppers", however I find them to be fair. I pay more for my leads, however that is due to my own parameters. I am better than break even as far as net margin.

• Na
      16th of Dec, 2015

I have been using Benepath for a long time. They are amazing. I find Clelland Green to be very honest and kind. I think I am going to stay with Benepath for a long time.

6th of Dec, 2016

Horrible lead company; horrible service; horrible quality of lead; 70% of my leads had to be returned; big waste of time. 12/06/2016 Chicagoland agent

29th of Dec, 2016

@Jake123456 12292016; Still more bogus leads coming into my inbox. They are sending old leads and claiming they are fresh.