Becky's Little Doggie Ranch / Dog breeding

1 Westminster MD, United States Review updated:

This organization breeds and sells sick dogs. I purchased a Pembroke Welsh Corgi puppy in July 2016 who was diagnosed with Renal Dysplasia by December 2016. Once diagnosed with this condition, dogs typically live 1-3 years. This particular breeder makes you sign a 30 day health guarantee, which for our case was ridiculous because there was no way of knowing about this condition through routine veterinary appointments that happen within the first 30 days of ownership. When contacted, the breeder showed no interest in informing the owners of the other litter mates (as this condition could be present in the litter mates), sympathy other than a cold "sorry, " and refused to override her contract or provide any assistance with our dog's costly vet bills.

Co
Jan 18, 2017

Comments

• Li
      24th of Mar, 2018

She also doesn't have AKC Registered dogs. Be careful before you pay $1500 for a dog you think is AKC. She gives you a deceptively similar looking form for ACA which is just a veteranerian registration site that sells dog benefits. I was too excited about getting a new corgi puppy to pay close attention to the paperwork she provided.

• To
      15th of Oct, 2018

I have a Corgi from Becky as well that we got May 2017 as a puppy. She hasn't had any diagnosis of renal dysplasia but has had elevated kidney values in many many tests (which costed lots of $) which were concerning but my vet did not link to any diagnosis. They have slowly been getting better so we were not worrying about it too much and just watching it, but again she is only a year and half old.

• To
      15th of Oct, 2018

My vet told me today in a call these things are related and there is definitely a genetic issue with the kidneys here and that Becky should not continue to breed the parents leading to these issues.