Beacon Financial Group / Loan

1 6000 Fairview Rd.Charlotte, NC, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-856-859-8352

I would like everyone to know that myself included have been scammed by this so called company. I was contacted by James Carpenter about a loan that I was approved for a $9500 loan and had to come up with $1283 dollars before they could process the loan and I was stupid and paid the amount, next thing I know I'm reciving a phone call from "Randy" telling me the lender needs another $1283 dollars because my credit rating was not good enough. I told him I could not come up with the money and he said they would refund my money but not until 30 days from now. I said ok I guess you don't care about my kids and how their Christmas is going to be. He could care less by his tone and when I hung up the phone I new things were not going to work out and until this 12/31/08 I've tried to contact them and I not even able to make contact them.
I will be following up with my Sates Attorney and hopefully I will receive a refund.
PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT THIS COMPANY, THEY ARE A FRAUD.

Comments

• Ca
      29th of Dec, 2008

I haven't done anything with them yet but I did think it was unusual that when James Carpenter called me the number came up Private Call. He did give me an explanation but I still had my doubts. So I decided to check the company out. I just tried call the nymber I had for them 866-859-8352 nad when it answers it says thank you an goodbye. I reqd some of the other complaints and I am glad I did not follow through. Who can afford to be scammed when all we are trying to do is get out of debt. I had a feeling it was to good to be true especially when you get turned down by banks. Thanks for displaying the complaints and I hope this is a help to someone thinking about doing this.

• Kw
      31st of Dec, 2008

Yes, that just happen to me this week.I'm so upset.I lost $1092.00.Is there anything we can do??
    I have a reciept from the money gram, with the name of the person to pick it up.My person was Mary Stevens she was leaving for a vacation, little did I know I was paying for it.

6th of Jan, 2009

I too have been a victim of the criminals at Beacon financial. Unfortunately, I don't know if they will get caught. I lost $ 1, 826.00. They played the same game with me, saying the lender backed out, send more money and you're guaranteed a loan. After they tried to get more money from me, I spoke to a Mike Hopkins who claimed his company was legal. I told I gave them my rent and car payment money, and he told me, I should not try to make him feel guilty!! He claimed my refund would arrive on Jan 6, 2009. I knew at that point it was a scam so I threatened to get an attorney after them. He was extremelyrude. I was unable to contact them again. I think they purposely open the phone line when they know who is calling. I did some research about this fake company a day too late. Here's what I found out. Beacon financial group does not maintain an office at the address they give on fairview lane in Charlotte NC. The property manager said, that company moved five years ago. I filed a report at the BBB for Charlotte NC and the Federal trade commison web site. I also contacted the local Police in Lockport Canada which is where the lady Shannon Hayes recieved my money gram. The detective told me, what they did is mail fraud and the US postal service investigates this crime. He also said they may not get caught because these crimes are linked to Nigeria. The detective recommended I contact the 3 credit/ reporting agencies Equifax, Transunion and Experian to place a fraud alert on my personal information. If you sent them money, they probably asked you to send your bank info, and government issued ID. I did that and now I'm concerned about identity theft. I had a couple people tell me, they tried to mail me some things and my mail was sent back stating i changed my address. I do not know what else we can do? Do you think the States attorney can do anything? I was thinking of contacting the FBI too? I know the money is gone, but I want these people to pay for their crimes!

• Li
      29th of Jan, 2009

I am very lucky. I needed to borrow 5, 000.00, James Carpenter asked me to send 938.00. But I couldn't afford to. I have a cousin in Charlotte, NC who I would like to ask to drive to 6000 Fairview Rd to see if a company is actually there. Something must be done about this.

• Bb
      5th of May, 2009

My husband and I too fell for the scam. Right around Christmas time! December 4 2008. We even had my mom and her fiance help us as well! We were then out 1800 dollars total! They wanted one payment then a second payment we then figured it out after we went all weekend with no money deposited into my account! We were contacted my a guy with the last name "Ficher", then Friday we were contacted by a "Randy Carlton", and he then told me that I was a B**ch, because I was upset and crying and just devistated because I was now out of money. Come Monday we were contacted by a "Micheal Hawkins" and well the loan fell through and we could get another loan through a different lender and of course we had to send money, they told us that is was because of my husband's credit! PLEASE DO NOT FALL FOR THIS... IT IS A HUGE SCAM... WE TOO HAVE CHILDREN AND OF COURSE MONEY ISSUES, BUT IT IS NOT WORTH LOSING MONEY THAT YOU REALLY CAN'T AFFORD TO LOSE!!!