Aztec Financial / Real estate scams

1 2624 W Magnolia Blvd, Burbank, CA 91505Burbank, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: (818)8488960

Warning: Aztec Financial / This company has been bilking and scamming unsuspecting borrowers and others doing business with them since opening. Joel Hoffman and Carrel Hoffman are the owners f this company and have been sued numerous times. Avoid doing business with them. Research them and you'll find they have hundreds of negatives on record. They are using the name Aztec financial to imitate other mortgage companies in the U. S. using this DBA. his one is located at: 2624 W Magnolia Blvd, Burbank, CA 91505.

Aztec Financial

Comments

• Te
      24th of Mar, 2010

Is this the same Joel Hoffman that used to own the Nevele in NY?

• Si
      29th of Mar, 2010

Likely one and the same. One thing is for certain, AVOID AZTEC FINANCIAL based in Burbank, Ca.
    More examples of Joel Hoffman's shady dealings:

• Br
      8th of Dec, 2010

I find Silverberg's post to be quite bogus. I have been dealing with Aztec Financial for years and have not ever had any problems. I have looked them up and they have not been sued several times also they are not imitating other companies as Mr. Silverberg says. These allegations are completely fallacious and have no basis in reality. Joel and Carrel Hoffman have no ties to this Joel Hoffman in Wisconsin or Ohio. I have done several loans with them over the years that have paid off favorably. They're rehab programs are set up for the rehabber to accomplish and re-sell their property for a profit. It's unfortunate that you do not have to qualify any type of slanderous remarks before posting them all over the Internet. Signed Satisfied Customer

• Ho
      27th of Mar, 2011

Home staging Home Tending Scam Alert!! Fraud. Google Teresa Cwik, Valerie Splain. Google Joy Sizemore. 3rd degree felons involved. Get Insurance on your stuff. Scam Alert...

[http://complaintsbbb.com/2010/05/11/showoff-and-sell-owner-and-houston-home-metamorphosis-joy-sizemore-3rd-degree-felon/showoff and sell; houston home metamorphosis HOME TENDING—-My advice is DON’T DO IT! Now let me back that statement up. First of all I hired one of these home tending business’s and from day I had issue’s. No-one did weekly, monthly inspections had they –they would of noticed one of their employee’s -renters-tenants-home tenders whichever was indeed breaking the rules…in several ways!!! Model home furniture was not placed in my home ( I heard this from a realtor who showed my house to a potential buyer AND Which Whom did not make an offer on my house) Curb appeal –my yard is trashed. Weeds 5 feet high, leaves from last fall, dead grass overgrown trees and shrubs. Again all verified by my neighbors. Utilities, well this might be the only plus but make sure that YOU are not responsible one dime. But think about how much those utilities really cost you if you left your home vacant. Minor repair & maintenance—never happened. Things were in worse working condition than when I signed a contract. Repair of property damage. This only applies IF the tending company A) tells you and/or B) if the employee’s -renters-tenants-home tenders report it to the tending company. Once you sign a contract YOU are not allowed on the property without being escorted by the tending company it’s self. Once you sign a contract you are basically giving that employee’s -renters-tenants-home tenders more rights to your place than you the owner. Please please please read up about the home tending company you intend to use. Check with BBB of your community. Do internet research.Ask friends and neighbors. We went against all our friends pleas. We thought we were being crafty and utilizing a ‘new’ service. Trust me Scamming has been around a long time and I fell prey. I only hope my story saves the next family from destruction. Not only did my house NOT sell, but you should see the nasty mess they left for me, smell the stench within my home, view the destroyed yard(from the pet), and lets not forget the stolen items from my property as well as unpaid utility bills. No proof of insurance was provided to us and the tending company has the contract written so tight that they are NOT responsible for anything that happens to your place. You must sue the employee’s -renters-tenants-home tenders which of whom you will never get their name and/or phone number much less forwarding address. This post was submitted by george w..]

• Re
      17th of May, 2011

In reference to 'Brown properties' comment as to whether Joel Hoffman and Carrel Hoffman are frauds its clear that username 'Brown Properties' is a shill fronting for the Hoffman's. The first hint is that 'Brown Properties' joined for the sole reason to comment in this thread, and secondly 'Brown Properties' does not in fact exist and there is no Brown Properties in Lancaster, Ca. I did in fact research Silverberg's assertion and in fact both Carrel and Joel Hoffman have been sued numerous times for fraud and other acts of deceit. I highly agree with Silverbergs discovery and support his complaint 100%. The facts are there if you know where to look. Having access to real estate records I can verify this claim to be true. Meanwhile, I see no proof to counter this from the shill aka 'Brown Properties. Its interesting that when confronted with the truth, criminals will resort to desperate tactics including using alias identities to counter factual complaints. Thankfully we have a place like the complaint board to air the truth.

• Si
      17th of May, 2011

You'll notice I re-posted what RE-agent did just to help underline how important it is that the word get out about AZTEC's fraudulent activities. If anyone else out there has encountered similar scams in relation to Aztec please post up.

• Mv
      16th of Jul, 2011

am a long time client and personal friend of the owners of Aztec Financial. Aztec has never had dealings with a Silverberg from Beverly Hills. This is all a work of fiction probably by some borrower who refused to pay their mortgage to Aztec Financial and faced foreclosure and therefore is upset. This is my own speculation as to why someone would take an alias like Silverberg and make up a complete batch of lies about a very good and honest company. The unfortunate part about it is, is that anyone and I mean anyone can write anything derogatory or untruthful about a company and submit it to the complaints board, and you know what? ; They will publish it without question. That’s right, they do not require one iota of fact or truth to back up your claim against any company no matter how defamatory. Silverberg claims that Aztec has been sued numerous times for fraud and deceit. This is absolutely false and he has no proof to back this up. After being in business for over 25 years in this very litiguous industry, yes Aztec has been sued before. AZTEC FINANCIAL HAS WON EVERY ONE OF THESE MERITLESS CASES. In fact from my own research AZTEC FINANCIAL HAS NEVER LOST NOT EVEN ONE CASE OF ANY KIND, EVER!, AND I CHALLENGE THIS FICTICIOUS MR. SILVERBERG TO COME OUT OF THE CAVE HE IS HIDING IN AND SHOW HIS CARDS AND PROVE OTHERWISE. I CHALLENGE HIM TO CITE EVEN ONE CASE WHERE AZTEC FINANCIAL LOST DUE TO FRAUD AND DECEIT THAT HE CLAIMS. He will never do that because number one they don’t exist and also because then Aztec will know who he really is and then will sue him for defamation because it is illegal to publicly make false accusations that have no truth to them. He is trying to hurt Aztec Financial’s reputation but instead he is looking pretty stupid right now. I HOPE THIS FINALLY SHUTS DOWN THE PLETHORA OF LIES THAT THIS SO CALLED SILVERBERG KEEPS SPEWING!

23rd of Apr, 2014

AZTEC FINANCIAL
    2624 W Magnolia Blvd, Burbank, CA 91505
    Phone: (818)8488960

We also had major problems with Aztec Financial. They charge 10 points every year after the loan came due and didn't tell us. When we went to pay them off our payoff was $35, 000 more than expected! They also took a long time to give us that payoff number and even charged us a rush fee. These guys are out to rip people off. Watch out!