Auto One Warranty / refund

Grand Island, NE, United States Review updated:
I cancelled my policy the beginning of September. After receiving their cancellation letter which states that I am entitled to a refund if I requested it.
I called Auto One and was told I would be getting a pro-rated refund of $253.
I was told to call back in 6 weeks which I did and was told the money would be in my checking account on November 28, 2008. Surprisingly it was not
and I was able to talk to Ryan and he assured me that my money would be
in my account on December 15th. Surprisingly it was not. I have repeatedly left messages with Ryan which he has not returned. Buyers BEWARE of this
company!!!

Comments

Ja
  26th of Jan, 2009
purchased extended warranty in July 7 2008 cancelled July 25 2008 and was told it takes 4-6 weeks for refund. still no refund and will not return calls. Refund persons lies when he will send it as well as the top man in the co. when ever you get someone and as well as the sales people who work there. Do not purchase from auto 0ne warranty or you lose. something needs to be done with this co. so others are not and wont lose $495.00 as I DID

Jack
Am
  17th of Mar, 2009
Auto One called me to offer an auto warranty product. I said yes. I should have hung up. If you get a call from these people, HANG UP ... IMMEDIATELY!
They are rotten. They are SOOOO nice to you when they are selling you but when I called back the NEXT DAY to cancel my warranty, they tried to 'scare' me into keeping the warranty and I had to rebuke all of their offers to keep me on their product. FINALLY, they gave up and the tone changed to that flat, 'we don't care about you' and they said, yeah, yeah, you'll get your refund - they said I had to send back the 'additive' product (that I hadn't even received yet) and then when they got that product back from me, they would issue the credit back to my credit card. I immediately had this very bad feeling about them so once we received it, we sent back the product via FedEx to make sure someone signed for it. That was back in July 2008. It is now March 16, 2009 and no credit to my credit card yet. When I call, they give me the run around. These guys are bad news. Please tell everyone you know. I am going to try going through my credit card company to get this transaction overturned or whatever the terms are. Maybe if we get these guys removed from charge privileges, they will stop screwing people.
Ne
  21st of Apr, 2009

Auto One Warranty - Refusal of Refund

It's funny to read everyone elses complaint about auto one I have had the same experience as everyone else. I followed the rules too in attempting to receive my refund from this company(over 1 year now). I have been given the run around by Ryan also. I think there is enough people to begin a class action law suit. Perhaps we all should rally together and do so. Please feel free to email me at positivepeople@ymail.com
Ne
  21st of Apr, 2009

Auto One Warranty - Making Compalints

FYI per the Office of Attorney General this company does not have authorization to cell insurance warranties over the phone is the sate of California. Also, if you purchased this warranty in a different state than California you would need to call that states Attorney General’s officer to get jurisdiction.
Ca
  5th of May, 2009
same thing just as of 2/23/09 still can't get refund!!!
Pe
  24th of May, 2009
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
Have a similar situation with collecting a sum the company has confirmed due to me for $2, 3000 - from a cancellation OVER TWO YEARS AGO AND DESPITE RELENTLESS CONTACT THAT THEY AFREED THE REFUND WAS WELL PAST DUE AND THE CHECK IS ALWAYS GOING TO BE IN THE MAIL: FRIDAY! The payment never comes. I've spoken with Ryan, also, dealing with most of this issue. My last contact over the past two weeks, has been George - and he states the processor of the claim, Chris, will send the payment, ON FRIDAY! He told me that last Friday, May 15...and the very same promise for Friday, May 22, 2009. This is the most unprofessional firm I've ever been associated. They are absolutely incompetent and in these though economic times - they claim the entitlement to use MY MONEY to run their poor business with no interest. THIS COMPANY SHOULD BE BARRED FROM BUSINESS AND ABUSING THE PUBLIC!! This is ludicrous! I considered their expectation for me to wait 6 weeks - in very poor taste and horrible customer service. I'm curious if anyone ever DOES actually receive any reimbursement...
Ke
  20th of Jun, 2009
I was a member of Auto One Warranty. February 2009 I sent the company a letter cancelling my membership. I recieved a letter back stating that the process to cancel will be 10 weeks and if I qualify for any refunds I would get it at that time. I waited the 10 weeks and haven't recieved anything. I also spoke to Ryan and was assured that I would recieve my check in 2 weeks and of course no check. After weeks of calling and leaving messages for Ryan I was later told that he doesn't work there anymore and the case was given to George. I spoke to George and he told me I would recieve a check in about 3-4 weeks. I am really sick of this company and I will not give up. I don't care about how little they took, it was mine. It is a respect thing for me. I am trying to start a lawsuit, who wants to join.
  16th of Jul, 2009
Hi,
I am also the victim of Auto one warranty, I cancelled my warranty within 60 days and eligble for full refund, for the last 4 months I am calling them and recieving same answer that you are going to recieve your refund
soon which is of $450. when I called today they change their statement instead of $450 they said $118.
Please advise me what to do.
Syed Raza
hasnains@yahoo.com
Wh
  4th of Aug, 2009
This company needs to be put out of buisness!!! I purchased a warranty back in February 2009. I had just purchased a new truck and I received correspondence in the mail from them which was very misleading. It lead me to believe that they were affiliated with Toyota. Needless to say when I found out they weren't I canceled within 30 days. I have yet to receive my refund after numerous calls and letters sent. Initially, they tried to say they hadn't received my letters, but I had proof and the name of the person who signed for it. I canceled my bank card so that they would not try to attempt to draft out any monthly fees. As a result of that I was then told that I needed to get a letter from my bank stating I no longer had that card and I would be sent a check in the mail. This company is horrible and they have so many complaints. I want somebody to help me understand why they are still in buisness.
  5th of Aug, 2009
Talk about an incompetent company...Auto One Warranty. I am going to give them one more chance to return my call, answer the phone and generally communicate with me. I paid $1500 for a warranty within 48 hours I called and cancelled the policy and was told it was going to be 3-5 weeks to get the check. Well, it has been six weeks and no luck. Well, I called yesterday and had to leave a message...assume they were closed at 3:00pm PDT. I called again today and got a "customer service" fellow who said that he would pass the message on to the manager who was currently at lunch. Four hours later he must "be out to lunch alright"...no call. I tried to reach them again at their 949-475-9500 number and got only 35 + rings. I wish I had read about them in the above blogs before getting the insurance. I am going to go to the WA Insurance Commissioner if I do not get some results by tomorrow.

Michael Keller
Spokane, WA
509-216-1356
mtkeller36@hotmail.com
Pa
  7th of Aug, 2009
they are a scam and the owner david tabbs has already been charged for being a scam with a previous buisness he did. i tried for a year to get my money and finally i took it to my local news station and they got it back for me, if you are still working to get your money email getjesse@king5.com and tell him your situation he can help!
  18th of Aug, 2009

5815 South Regal Road, Suite 101
Spokane, WA 99223
(509) 216-1356
mtkeller36@hotmail.com

Below is the company's response to your complaint.

What a company does to resolve complaints is part of the information we report to the public on individual companies. To be certain that our report on this company is accurate, we need your confirmation that this complaint has been settled. Would you take a minute to tell us about your satisfaction or dissatisfaction with the response? The yellow shaded area indicates the complaint's current processing status and will allow you to enter your response in the text box.

If we do not hear from you within the next seven days, we will assume you have accepted the company's offer or explanation and are satisfied with it. However, please feel free to contact us again if the company has made an offer to settle your complaint and fails to perform accordingly.

Thank you for using the Better Business Bureau.

Complaint ID: 98439214

Complaint Classification:

Complaint Description - Posted 8/7/2009 10:51:57 AM

I received a post card regarding an extended warranty. I called them and they processed my information requiring a $1500 debt card amount. Less than 48 hours later, I cancelled my policy via a phone call and was promised a refund within 3 weeks. That was back in June 22, 2009 and 8-9 phone calls later I have no results...not even getting them to answer their phones nor my letters. I have read...after the fact...so many complaints on the internet about this Auto One...Talk about a scam.

Complaint Summary

I cancelled a warranty on a car in less than 48 hours after the company took my information. Contacted them and they said they would refund my $1500

Resolution Sought

Order Number: 323454
Amount In Dispute: $1, 500.00

Company's Response

Company's Initial Response - Posted 08/18/2009
Like many of us, our company is feeling the effects of the economic condition in our country. Fewer sales and unpaid premiums have left us in financial difficulty. As a result, we are not in a position to make this refund immediately. And for that, we apologize. However, we have contracted with a business group with years of experience in this industry to assist our finances and help us in setting up reserves. These reserves will be built through sales. By the end of September, we anticipate being in a position to begin refunding again. We are asking our customers to be patient just a while longer. Give us an opportunity to make these refunds. Taking contentious action will simply serve to slow our progress and place us in a position where refunding you will become impossible. Being up front and honest is always the best approach. We expect that the business model we have in place will be successful. Thank you again for your patience and understand.
Initial Response Summary
Thank you again for your patience and understand.
Da
  16th of Sep, 2009
I'm am sorry to say sometimes that I am in America and that I thought that we had some companies left that we could trust, united we don't stand and when is our government going to hold these companies responsible for what they do to the public. Give us an opportunity is there way of saying they are not going to give us our money back. I also am a sucker to a scheme like this. My account was charged on (9/09), and was promised that my card would be refunded for $200.00 and this was a govenment card. Then almost every day I talked to someone different. The Main crooks in this scheme are James and George and you'll play HEll! trying to get a hold of them; mailbox is always full. I have filed a fraund claim through my card and they will try to get the money back. I think we need to have this company posted where ever we can and let the other suckers of the world know this and think about this before they give there card information to someone else. This taught me a good and expensive lesson. I will get a one time credit card and use it for anything more that I purchase like this. I know that there are good honest companies out there and its and tough game to weed them out. Also, I had a very bad conversation with some low-life Anthony at this company, he should be in the hall of shame and held accountable for the way he speaks to customers. This company has no customer service.
Da
  16th of Sep, 2009
I have to agree with you a class action suit will be the only way to put this company where it belongs. I'm going to try to Twitter this to whoever wants to read it and see that this is a bad company.
  7th of Oct, 2009

Auto One Warranty - Auto Warranty Crooks in Irvine
Auto One Warranty
Irvine
California

If you have been ripped off by Auto One Warranty...get help from Bart Treese of King5 TV in Seattle...comsumer help
  22nd of Dec, 2009
I have also taken a policy from Auto One and the other day itself I realized I have made a big mistake when I read all the reviews about this company . I have given them amount of $200 with my debit card .And they have given response that it would take 30 days to refund . But after reading all about this company I dont think I will get my money back . Please suggest me what I can do for i dont want to lose my money in this period of recession . Any positive option means lot to me.
Pu
  27th of Jan, 2010
as a former employee of this company i agree that it is a scam. they target big deposits and that is money that the customer will never see again. warrenties arent worth the paper they are printed on. you should only deal directly with your dealership and of coarse auto one will tell you they cost less. if your reading this it is probably too late for you but i advise that you contact your local news chanel so that you can help stop this scam. if you are just tired of getting call after call give them a taste of there own medice by calling 714 955 5123 and ask for (madison) she is the manager. let them hear it.
Ch
  29th of Jan, 2010
I also wish I had come here first. I have been trying to get a refund since Sep 2009. Mine is $100.00 but that is enough to be mad about. I recieved a letter in Oct 2009 saying they were processing my claim, if I was due a refund they would endeavor to expedite (ha ha) this matter. I call every Friday, and am told a different story every time, express my concern of this and they don't seem to care. I have spoken with Danika, Anthony, and this last time Lazan (sp?). I may take the advice and call the local tv station, or possibly the insurance commissioner. At least I feel better knowing I am not the only one.
Ln
  16th of Mar, 2010
I purchased an Extended Warranty 17 December 2007...Paid in Full $1900 after a few months of monthly payments...Called 1-800-531-1925 in my attempt to cancel the policy due to dispensing with the 2002 Ford Escape XLT. They told me to submit a letter and send to an office at Box 223, Allenjurst, NG 07711...I submited it and contract was cancelled 19 February 2010...I Filed no claims ever...Then when I called 3 weeks later to follow up to see about receiving my refund I was told I had to submit a letter to Auto One Warranty, 310 Commerce Suite 150, Irvine, CA 92602-949-475-9500. [I was never told that before] I sent a letter to Auto ONE Warranty last week and today Tuesday they received my Cancellation request letter and said it was cancelled today 16 March 2010. The customer service (condescendenly) told me today that I would receive my refund(amount Unknown) between 30-60 Days????????

My contract essentially was cancelled at the 1/2 way point so I expect about $900 before the 19th of April 2010 based on what these folks are telling me...!

Its beyond my comprehension why it would take that long to process...Anyone Please advise/counsel me before I explode.
  19th of Mar, 2010
I filed my complain to BBB http://www.la.bbb.org within a month Auto One responded and agree to refund $322 out of $450 and the case was closed but not resolved I am still waiting for my refund. I called BBB to reopen my case but they said it's useless because it happened many times this company never give refund. The best way to get your refund is court.
If we all file a joint complain against Auto one in the court I hope it will work and we all get our refund.
For that we need one lawyer.

Please email me at hasnains@yahoo.com