ATS Research / $1000 Free in Groceries

1 Columbus, OH, United States Review updated:

I heard the advertisement on the radio thinking it was a good opportunity. Upon calling I was charged $3.95 for shipping of the card. I asked questions as to which stores am I able to use the card and the agent was unable to help. He continued and stated that I'm able to join other programs which I denied, he stated that it would be mailed to me to review and I could get free gas. Nevertheless, the card came and I had to sign up to receive my "savings". It was a www.grocerysavers.com site where they have coupons to specific items and to make matters worse you have to pay to have the coupons shipped to you. If I knew it was going to a coupon website, I could have saved my time and his and not bothered. The advertisement via radio states that you'll receive $1000 to grocery shop, not coupons. This is a waste and their advertisement needs to be pulled.

Comments

• Mo
      19th of Oct, 2009

I too heard it on my local radio station and thought it was legitimate. I was on hold when I read this site and immediately hung up. I've emailed the station and hope they will pull the ad.

For those looking for the number, here is what was advertised: 1-800-390-2588

23rd of Oct, 2009

I was just scamed out of 4.95 ( i pray not more) Like the others, I was lured in my a radio ad offering $1, 000 in groceries as part of a trade study on buyin habits.

The number advertised was 1-888-418-0552

The rep on the phone did not try to sell me into another program, gas coupons or anything else. She simply stated that the $1, 000 card could be used for any food item at several of my local grocery stores, the only restriction was no alcohol or tobacco products (no problem) .

She completely painted the picture that this was $1, 000 in free money that could only be used at grocery stores.

What came in the namil was instructions to go online to grocerysavers.com and register for coupons that i would have to pay 10% for.

COMPLETE 180 from what I was told on the phone.

I was looking forward to serving meals to the cancer patients we serve with this $1, 000. while I am thankfull that it was only $5 that i lost, i am angry that others are being taken in this economy. I believe more should be done to shut them down.

• La
      25th of Oct, 2009

1-800-770-6597 was the number advertised in the Dallas Metroplex. When I realized that we were being charged to be a part of a market research, and the coupon fullfillment center was making money of the coupons we spend, I felt like the consumers were being taken advantage of. We are paying for access to coupons that should be free.

27th of Oct, 2009

I also heard this crap of free grocerys on the radio station here in mesa az. and was taking down the unhappy road named SUCKER. but a bit a information for anyone looking not to be taken again. You will see a company listed on this page, claiming to help in many different ways, the name is INTELIUS. DO NOT GO TO IT. SHUT YOUR COMPUTER OFF AND RUN FROM THE ROOM.
    A one time purchase of $1.99, turned into 4 months of $19.99 taken out of my account without my knowledge. WHILE LOOKING INTO THIS MESS. THERE WAS A COMPANY ON MY ACCOUNT HELPING THEMSELVES TO SAME $19.99 a month, and i never heard of them, I wonder if my name was sold or put on a list? second company gave back my charges, INTELIUS did not. they were covered by the TRICKY word policy. which i like to think of as "SMOKE AND MIRRORS" remember RUN

• Tw
      15th of Nov, 2009

While I haven't called the number given on Radio on 102.5 Praise, I thought i would do some research first before calling and so glad I lucked up on this site. I knew it was too good to be true. I am sorry many of you have been had, but thank goodness I was proactive in checking to see if this site was worth my calling. One of the things I have learned to do is purchase a Visa or MasterCard "gift Card" generally a 25 or 50 denomination. I generally will give that card number, this way the crooks do not have my "REAL" info on my personal banking card, sure I may loose a few dollars, but it is worth it instead of giving up my "Real" bank card information. I almost never make purchases online or by phone using my Debit card...I purchase re-loadable debit cards. At lease this way I control the money

18th of Nov, 2009

Hi, I signed up for the card, and I agree it's pretty much junk. Anyway, the customer service rep that I talked to sort of coaxed me into the other two services. Unfornately, the information on those two offers never came, so I didn't get the number to cancel it...

Does anyone have the number so that I can quit getting charged on a monthly basis?

Thanks!

18th of Nov, 2009

Hey, I also signed up for the two other services that they offered in association with the free groceries. Unfortunately, my roommate threw away the offers when they came in, dismissing them as junk mail. Now, I am signed up for the two services at basically 35 bucks a month, and I don't have any way to get into contact with customer service to get the crap stopped.

Please help me, if you can.

Thanks for your time.

• Ab
      30th of Nov, 2009

I am so glad I found these messages. My friend called & told me about this great deal. He didn't know the company name at the time, but called me today with the name. I'm glad I was able to do research & find out this is bogus. I hope my friend can cancel the transaction before too long. Thank you everyone.

• Ri
      2nd of Dec, 2009

call your local DA office. And your local television station. let it be known that these people are fradulant. Also contact your bank and dispute the charges if within 60 days they have to remove them or you will report them to the state banking commissioner. Hope this helps it worked for me.

• Ki
      2nd of Dec, 2009

Thank you for the warning! I almost subscribed to this! I would have been quite angry when I found out that the verbage was entirely incorrect!

• Ge
      12th of Dec, 2009

You should call and file an complaint with the Better Business Bureau, and Then call your Attorney General.As bad as this economy is-you would gt some low lives trying to suck you evn dryer.### buckets.

• Hi
      22nd of Dec, 2009

I agree with all of the complaints. I live in Maryland and I heard the commercial on the radio like majority of you did. Today, I was trying to order some take out for he kids since we are snowed in and I didn't get the $1000.00 in groceries like they promised. Anyway, my card was declined and I knew I had money left over in my account from paying my tuition. The charges that the "other guys" had took out of my account added to $101.70. I was able to get $81.75 of i back. The other $19.95 that they wouldn't put back was from November and the lady said they mentioned to me that they informed me of the charges and that it was nothing that I could do because of the time. I am going to list the numbers that I used for those who had problems contacting some of the "other guys". I felt stupid, thinking that this was something legit. I was going to use that money on groceries so I could use the money that I would've been saving for my kids Christmas. Thank you ATS Research for your false hopes. Everyone needs to beware of this company and tell a friend who knows a friend about this company so they won't be snaked out of their money too. For the people who work for this company, yall need to re-evaluate yourselves. Yall know they didn't offer the same promotion to you and yall are the employees.

The numbers you can call to cancel are:

Your funding accelerator: 888-639-1751
    At home rewards plus: 877-651-8508
    ATS Research: 888-840-4471
    MVQ Travel Member: 877-226-1837
    Values 4 Less: 866-205-9163
    ID Sweep 360: 866-205-9163

I hoped I helped as many of you as possible. These are all of the comapnies I canceled today and I only knew of one. I only signed up for one. I only authorized payment for one and this is what I got in return and I didn't even get the $1000.00 in groceries.

• Am
      22nd of Dec, 2009

i am disgusted by this. i feel like a damn fool! what the hell is wrong with people that they can steal from people daily, lie to them about it and then proceed to find it necessary to be rude to them. i suppose i am not suprised. this worlds demise will be because of evil people whos drive is driven by money and money alone. god bless all that were lied to.

• Lm
      23rd of Dec, 2009

Why don't you people put comments on what happened after the cancellation. Did your card get charged or not? That's what you need to put. And another thing I work doing this and let me tell you we have no contacts with the membership programs. We are only required to sell them and that's how we make our money. We don't even get paid to sell the grocery vouchers. But, and I am only speaking for myself, but I like doing this cause it is the only thing I can do at home. I tried those other work at home programs and they don't work. I make really good money with this company and I'm sticking to it. So put comments in that tells everybody if you did got charged or not after cancelling. OK? And another thing if you did get charged after canceling you can always fight it and get your money back because Visa and Mastercard companies always protects and help out their customers so you do not really lose.

• B0
      15th of Jan, 2010

I just called the number 1-888-840-4471 and verified that it is a coupon program. I didn't even have to ask him to refund before he said they'll refund the 7.95. He then asked me if I'd had the other 2 numbers for the other programs I signed up for, which I did. Fortunately for myself, I had to very courteous CSRs. I will admit that they did nothing wrong, though the advertisement may seem misleading, they never said how you would get the $1000 dollar in free groceries, it was my own fault for assuming that it would be a debit card. When I heard JP Morgan and Chase, that just sealed. My problem was that I was too impatient to wait til I got to work to look it up on the internet before signning up. I know when something is too good to be true, but I felt secure that I could get the charges reversed, or take the $11 loss.

P.S.
    I asked a lot of question of the CSR I first spoke to about the program, I should have asked in what form would I receive the funds instead of assuming.

• Co
      18th of Jan, 2010

This has been ridiculous. I called the original #, was told to call 1-888-840-4471 for customer service. I reached Everett & Aaron. They were both sooo rude. Told me I agreed to everything and that I got what was explained to me. I told them I had not, no gift cards to Walmart, no $1000 grocery card (to be used as I choose - minus alcohol and cigarette - nice touch sales reps!) and I was never even told about coupons!
    I did call Home Rewards at 1/888/299-6416 and received the $1.95 credit to my CC. American Patriot gave back the $19.99 they charged but not the 1.95 (and they told me I would have had to wait 6-8 weeks for the gift card - that equals 19.99X3) Todays escapes plus can be reached at 1-877-226-1837. I spoke with Evelyn, she was nice and refunded me. She was so nice...if I needed to travel, I might actually go to that website! Over all, this process was a nightmare. If you haven't been sucked in by the advertisement, DON"T DO IT!!! This people at ATS Research are heartless and Everett even laughed at me!

• Ms
      21st of Jan, 2010

What I dont understand is why the radio stations are advertising this. I mean don't they look into what they are promoting? I know I will never try anything off of 3WS again!

28th of Jan, 2010

i have gotten my card and i used the program and i love it!!! i would go ahead and give it a try<<< if you want to save 1000$$$ off your groceries then give them a call

11th of Feb, 2010

the customer service number is 1-888-840-4471

• Hr
      23rd of Feb, 2010

I called the number from the radio station here in San Diego 888-418-0552. The sales rep was very nice told me that it was a survey being conducted in many areas and when I gave him my zip code he was delighted to inform me that my area was indeed listed. I would need to cover the processing fee of $15.75 for the money to use while shopping. the terms were simple: I had to buy name brand items (sorry no store brands allowed) and tabacco and alchol could not be purchased. As long as I agreed to these simple terms he could get my application processed. and then he asked would I be paying by debit or credit card today? and if I had any questions. I asked the name of the survey company and he said ATS, I asked what the ATS stands for and he said he thought it was the initials of the founders. I said I would like it clarified. I told him if he works for the company he should know what it means. He asked me to hold on and hung up on me. I tried calling back for the next half hour and I would get through and then automatically it would hang up. Like my number was blocked or something. After a while I got to thinking I should google it and sure enough this site came up so I thought I would warn others to beware!! I agree with the others you DON'T GET ANYTHING FOR FREE and IF IT IS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT PROBABLY ISN'T TRUE. I also think the postings from those who are satisfied are the people making the money from us poor suckers they scam the money from... luckily I was not one that was scammed.