Askari Hojat

Posted:

Unprofessional

1.8
Unknown
Askari Hojat called me for a "job" interview. He would not answer any questions about it, and just said that was at conference room at a hotel. He said he was a "doctor, " so in order to do some due diligence, I did an internet search on him. I found nothing of relevance.

I called him back and asked which state he was licensed in (since a medical license search came up empty.) His response was that it was "personal" and abruptly told me not to show up at the interview.

Now, that type of question is personal, and so is my time, my hopes, my dreams, my fears, and my faith. Askari Hojat's response was not typical of someone who has any respect, whatsoever.

It would seem that a reasonable opinion of Askari Hojat is that he is rude and unprofessional, and if you get asked for an interview from Askari Hojat -- you might want to think twice about wasting your time.

Face to face with Askari Hojat: (These times are tough for many. Maybe not for you.) Get a heart, or at least show you have one.
Complaint comments Comments (26) Complaint country United States Complaint category Job & Career

Comments

D  18th of Oct, 2011 by    -1 Votes
Dr. Hojat Askari is a Internal Medicine MD who started his practice a few years in Prescott and finishing his internship at Good Sam in Phoenix. He is one of the most ethical and caring doctors we've ever known and we find the review above to be inappropriate and inaccurate. We would highly recommend anyone to Dr. Askari!
N  25th of Jan, 2017 by    0 Votes
@AzDuet Askari is a foreign trained Iranian national doctor who completed his medical education at Hungary. For those of you not familiar with the level of education in Hungary, its awful. He graduated in 1999 however he wasn't actually licensed as a practicing physician until 2009. The fact that it took Askari 9 years to complete his residency and licensure requirements, when most Internal Medicine resident finish their residency in 4 years is a red flag. Any desireable physician with good bedside manner and credentials will sail through residency. There is something not right about his credentials that is worth exploring. While this person claims Askari is "ethical" the jury is still out on that. What these reviews largely attest to is Askari's obnoxious and disrespectful, abusive attitude toward his patients and staff. Its appalling. His staff all know it. We the people are empowering this guy. Its not a violation of Arizona Medical Board Statutes to be 'rude' to your patients or to terminate your staff without cause. it is however a violation of Title 7 EEOC to discriminate against women, and I urge all of the complainants here to talk with an employment attorney regarding Askaris documented mistreatment and discrimination against female employees.
D  18th of Oct, 2011 by    -3 Votes
Dr. Hojat Askari is a Internal Medicine MD who started his practice a few years ago in Prescott after finishing his internship at Good Sam in Phoenix. He is one of the most ethical, professional and caring doctors we've ever known and we find the review above to be inappropriate and inaccurate. We would highly recommend anyone to Dr. Askari!
D  6th of Jul, 2012 by     Best Advice +5 Votes
he is crooked
he talks out of two sides of his mouth
he delivers 3 minute visits and charges our government, our taxpayer and private insurance companies OUTRAGEOUS bills for LITTLE Or NO service
he is rude to staff, he is rude to patients
and watch out, he is iranian and RUDE TO WOMEN !!!
5 staff members have quit in 5 weeks (including a MD), he promises to pay staff and DOES NOT
he is full of grandiose thoughts and ideas but IS NOT LEGAL, MORAL, PROFESSIONAL OR ETHICAL
Karma will come around to bite him HARD !
He has ripped off medical professional of hard earn pay
he promises one thing and delivers NOTHING !! Crooked as they come
I WOULD NOT LET MY DOG SEE HIM FOR EVEN A NON MEDICAL REASON
I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND ANY PATIENT TO SEE HIM EVER !!!
N  25th of Jan, 2017 by    -1 Votes
@ANONYMOUS FEMALE To file a complaint against Askari visit HTTP://WWW.azmd.gov/ and click on the tab that says file complaint. If he has failed to disclose potential side effects or discriminated against you for your gender, race, etc. these are all violations of Title7. He is a ###, disrespectful, male chauvinistic, egoist, however, he has not yet been disciplined because he knows what he can get away with.
A  5th of Nov, 2012 by    +3 Votes
this man changes his mind faster then you can do what he wants you to do...He is rude to all employees in front of all patients and be Little he's staff in front of patients he is very unprofessional as a person with his education...i completely agree with everything that was said in the comment above he picks and chooses the patients he gives his time too and the rest of his patients he has no time for or wants to leave early he tells them to come back in a couple days. I have witnessed his rudeness to his staff first hand makes them apologizes to patients to look like it was there fault but in actuality it was the his fault but makes him look good. He thinks women a beneath him and should jump when he whistles. calls his staff stupid, weak and they don't know there job (why are you here go home) he doesn't pay his staff for holidays and pays them horrible to put up with rudeness and disrespect from a PROFESSIONAL!!!
N  6th of Feb, 2013 by    0 Votes
Ok, all of the above isn't making sense. Alot of rambling without much concrete detail. Just sounds like a disgruntled employee who vented on a review site and enlisted a couple of pals to do the same. There are other review sites that provide positive reviews of Dr Askara, far outnumbering the negativity offered above. If he truly is so rude to his employees, there's an appropriate PROFESSIONAL recourse to take. Calling Dr Askari unprofessional and then slandering him all over an internet review site is basically the pot calling the kettle black, don't you think? I remain neutral in my opinion of Dr Askari, had hoped to glean more insight from these reviews. But reviews like this are worthless. No meat. Just people shoot
N  25th of Jan, 2017 by    +1 Votes
@kapoowi Actually, no, in the case of Askari's awful bedside manner, disrespectful attitude toward his patients and staff, and documented rudeness there is no appropriate professional recourse other than to publicise it and expose him. His behavior is not violation of the AZ medical statutes. There is no recourse. And yes, I think he has angered many employees of his that he has treated unfairly. Why do you assume that angry employees would lack the character to report honestly their experiences. The complaints are not just employees they are patients, just read those comments below. Let the patient population be the trier of fact. When his practice suffers because his patients leave him maybe it'll be a wakeup call for him. If on the other hand you his prospective patients do not heed these warnings and find out the hard way how much of a ### he is, well you're only fueling the fire. Do not give Askari you're business, hit him where it hurts in his wallet, and I can assure you, he will not be acting like the Ayotollah much longer. Part of his unprofessionalism is tied to his training overseas. In other countries, doctors feel entitled and can throw patients out of their clinics at will. Sad reality. America has no tolerance for this type of authoritarian attitude. Either operate your practice to an American manner, or take your medical practice back to Iran where they have executed and disfigured women pursuant to sharia law.
N  6th of Feb, 2013 by    +2 Votes
Most of the previous complaints do not make sense. Sounds like a disgruntled employee venting on a review sit and got a couple of pals to do the same. Other review sites provide positive reviews of Dr Askara that seem counterbalance this kind of negativity. If he truly is so rude to his employees, there is an appropriate PROFESSIONAL recourse to take. Calling him unprofessional and then slandering him on an internet review site is like the pot calling the kettle black.
N  25th of Jan, 2017 by    -1 Votes
@kapoowi Slandering would be oral. Libel is what you were attempting to say. And no, in general, exposing truths about Askari's transgressions is the most decent thing an employee can do because it warns others and prevents him from hiding behind his "professional" facade.
N  22nd of Jul, 2013 by    -1 Votes
This Doctor is the WORST doctor I have EVER Seen!!! He did not listen and constantly interuppeted me when I was answering HIS questions! He charged me $80.00 for an office visit and did nothing for me. He took a urine sample and proceeded to tell me after the fact that I had to pay $50.00 for it upon exiting the building. I explained to him I did not have the money at the time and he LITERALLY yanked the perscription he did write for me out of my hand and told me that until I paid him $50.00 that he wouldnt let me have the perscription. I asked him why and that I just paid him $80.00 for nothing and he told me to go to a free clinic. I am a white clean mid aged woman and have worked hard ALL of my life!! I am flabbergasted at the way I was treated by him and I have been in tears all evening. I want to tell EVERYONE I can that this man IS RUDE and UNPROFESSIONAL!! I have NEVER been treated this way by any doctor!! He also treats his staff extremely bad in front of his own patients. He rushed through my appt. and ignored anything I had to say after paying him $80.00 in cash!!! DO NOT Give this man your time of day nor your money. He should not be practicing in the medical field!!! He has no heart and treated me like I was a piece of dirt. Karma will come back on you Hojat Askari!!! You're a cold hearted evil man!! I hope all the $$ is worth it because I am positive God is watching down on you and I am sure there is a special place in hell just for you!!!
N  25th of Jan, 2017 by    +1 Votes
@Julie Norris I echo your sentiments. Karma will catch up with him. Its now 2017, some three years since you posted your commentary and nothing has changed. He is still rude and unprofessional. He is a disgrace to the profession.
A  25th of Feb, 2014 by    +1 Votes
Dr. Hojat Askari, MD, 3191 Stillwater Dr Suite B
Prescott, AZ 86305
I wanted to share with the local community of Prescott what kind of Dr and a man he is. This doctor is an alcoholic and a heavy Drug user. But worse is he is Rapist. He got me drunk and then raped me even when I told him I don’t want this and asked him to leave. Still he rapped me and left. Ladies be careful of being alone with him or his sick parties. I hope this rapist doctor is punished. He is rude to women and his office staff as I have been a witness of it myself.
N  25th of Jan, 2017 by    -2 Votes
@Femail I suggest you file a complaint with the police instead of seeking justice through this forum. This is a place where patients and staff are free to speak openly about Askari's unprofessional behavior. If what you say is true, you should report it to law enforcement and go through the proper channels. Otherwise, your unfounded accusation may in fact rise to the level of libel. Thats a very serious accusation and I hope for your sake you you are not lying. If so your comment discredits all the truthful comments on this site. It does no service to informing the public about Askari's true character. If he indeed raped you, come foward, file your case with the police, and reference the case number on this site.
A  30th of Jul, 2015 by    -1 Votes
I had my first appointment with Dr. Askari today and it was the most horrifying experience I’ve ever had with a doctor. Dr. Askari was an hour late, and showed up with bloodshot eyes. The room was very small and didn’t even have an exam table, just two chairs and the counter with a computer on it.

Dr. Askari sat next to me very casually and began asking me why I was there, and I had three separate issues to discuss with him. The first was just to get a prescription for a new inhaler, easy. The second issue was a pain in my ear that I’d had for the last month. He looked in my ear, then felt my jaw as I opened and closed my mouth, then told me I had TMJ and he could give me a shot of steroids and the pain would go away. No X-rays, no actual exam, just touched my jaw for about 10 seconds. I told him I was breastfeeding and asked if it was safe, to which he replied “Pretty much.” I laughed, and said “Pretty much? What does that mean?” And he said “Pretty much safe. It’s safe. And steroids don’t get into your breastmilk anyway. And if it did, it would be such a small amount it wouldn’t hurt the baby.”

I asked if there were side effects, he said no. I said “there are no side effects at all?” He said no, then said “well there are always some side effects”. Then I saw the nurse, who had her back to me the whole time, had a giant needle out ready to give me this shot already! I asked if we could slow down b/c I had some more questions, and she yes and backed off immediately. I turned back to Dr. Askari and asked again, “so what are the potential side effects?” This is where it really took a turn. He sat back in his chair w/ his legs crossed looking at his hands and said extremely rudely, ‘Six times. Six times. You’ve asked me this question six times already. I’ve already told you there were no side effects. Do not ask the same question over and over again. I don’t have time for this. I’m very busy.”

I was shocked. I reached for my purse and said “I’m sorry to have wasted your time then.” I stood up as he said “You did, you did waste my time.” I said “Are you serious? This is unbelievable. This is the rudest I’ve ever been treated by a doctor in my life”. He sat there with a smirk on his face saying “Goodbye.” The nurse kept her back to me just facing the computer. She never said a word, and I could see the side of her face as I walked out, staring down w/ her eyes closed. Like she’d definitely seen him act like this toward other patients before. I left the room slamming the door behind me, then walked right out the door yelling that he was the most atrocious doctor.

I was so upset I was shaking. I called my husband in the parking lot and yelled to two people walking into the doctor’s office that Dr. Askari should have his license taken away. I’m contacting the State Medical Board, the Better Business Bureau and the AMA to file formal complaints against him. I will do everything in my power to make sure this “doctor” doesn’t treat anyone else like this.
N  25th of Jan, 2017 by    0 Votes
@Shanonie I am a former employee of Askari's and yes I am disgruntled. However, that does not mean I have a character for dishonesty. I wanted to point out that this complaint is so consisten with what I witnessed that it is dripping with honesty. This is exactly Askari's attitude and his bedside manner. Whomever wrote this is not only good a retelling what she witnessed, and retelling it with such detail that she even offered quotations, but I think she has pinpointed the moral turpitude that Askari embraces in his professional demeanor.
D  9th of Dec, 2015 by    +2 Votes
I have been Dr. Askari's patient for around 6 years since right after he opened Thumb Butte Medical Center. He has always been neat and Professional.I am a middle aged white woman who is on Medicare and have never had any problems with hm. In fact he saved my hand after going to an incompetent er doctor. I had an abscess on my left wrist that he lanced that had enough infection to fill a one cup measuring cup plus. He lanced it, put a compression bandage on it . I went back in the next day and he lanced it again but it was full of not only infection but blood. He told me to go to JC Lincoln er and ask for a vascular surgeon because he was afraid the veins and arteries had been compromised. He then proceeded to give my husband his personal cell phone number and said if we had any problems to have them call him. My husband then told him we would wait a day before going down there and Dr. Askari had no problems with our decision. He has never berated us for any of our decisions.
If I need a specialist He has no problem referring me to them If I need a medication they will fight for me to get it. Several of his employees have been with him for a very long time. He has always been caring and compassionate.
N  25th of Jan, 2017 by    +1 Votes
@Theavonlady0 feel free to list the employees that have been with him for so long. They are his enablers. A closer examination of their records will likely reveal that they are 1) male, and 2) likely have some negative things in their background for which Askari was willing to overlook to earn their loyalty. One of his staff, Richard Silver, is a former police officer who was kicked off the force and has a longtime history of alcoholism. He was in dire straits. Askari gave him a job as a handyman. Now he is loyal to Askari to a fault. This is the type of gang mentality that Askari employs--his staff have no other options which is why they stand by him even when they know how wrongful his behavior is toward others. He's the only thing between them and welfare. Just some insight for you.
N  18th of Dec, 2015 by    0 Votes
He is the worst doctor ever. I always wait an hour to see him and he won't spend more than two minutes in the room with me and doesn't listen to any of my concerns. All he wants is for me to go in every week or two so he can get more money.
N  11th of Jun, 2016 by    -1 Votes
My husband has been his patient for 6 years and I really appreciate how well he treats both of us. Yes, sometimes we wait an hour to see him because he spends as much time with each patient as is necessary. My husband sees him at least once a month, due to his medication, and we have never smelled alcohol on his breath or has he been under the influence of any kind of drugs.
N  25th of Jan, 2017 by    +1 Votes
@13abc Forget alcohol and drugs. Try standing up for your patient rights, and watch what happens. Askari is a bully, rude, demeaning and unprofessional. If he were an alcoholic or drug abuser, he would have lost his license long ago. Sorry, but my standards for putting my life and welfare in the hands of medical professional are not grounded in whether or not they have substance abuse issues. This doctor has no regard for his patients. You are nothing more than a number and a payment to him.
D  1st of Oct, 2016 by    -1 Votes
It is evident to me, a two year patient of Dr. Askari, that those on this site making these outrageous negative claims against Dr. Askari are not referring to the Dr. Askari I know. My wife and I have been patients of Dr. Askari for the past two years and have found him to be a very caring and compassionate man who genuinely cares about his patents very much. He has always spent as much time with us as we need for an accurate diagnosis and always asks us is there anything else he can help us with. Sometimes, we have more than one thing bothering us and he's always willing to listen to additional concerns we have. Both he and his staff are always very polite and helpful and make themselves available for all our needs. Both my wife and I can highly recommend Dr. Askari and his staff and feel thankful that he's our doctor.
N  25th of Jan, 2017 by    +1 Votes
@roger stu glad you had a good experience. too bad countless of others haven't and have come here to report it. Ive seen his true colors. at least you have been warned. at some point in your care, and its bound to happen, when you decide to question your treatment in any way, you will see the egoist side emerge. Perhaps then you will return to this forum and amend your commentary.
D  25th of Oct, 2016 by    +2 Votes
I am a 30 year old white woman and Dr. Askari has never been anything less than absolutely respectful of me. He spends an incredible amount of time with each of his patients to make sure they fully understand his recommendations and their prescribed medications. He enters the room with a warm smile and a compliment every time. He goes out of his way to make me feel safe and welcome in his practice. It's not very often you find a physician who truly cares about what is going on with each patient medically, most just treat you like you're wasting their valuable time. I trust Dr. Askari 100% and do not believe for one second that he is an alcoholic, drug user or any of the other derogatory things people have said about him. I would chalk that up to disgruntled employees and patients who didn't get exactly what they wanted in the pain management department. However, as a healthcare professional myself, I would advise the woman who has accused Dr. Askari rape to contact police instead of posting on a complaint board. I would and do recommend Dr. Askari to all of my friends and family as well as anyone looking for an amazing PCP :)
N  25th of Jan, 2017 by    +1 Votes
@jenn0810 good advice to the alleged rape victim. Again, Askari's deficits are not rooted in substance abuse. His deficits are for customer service, respect for his patients rights and overall treatment of his patients and staff when they oppose or challenge his advice. Patients should not be afraid of their doctor retaliating against them by kicking them out of their office or refusing to treat them becauase they express concern for an injection or other treatment. And it is well documented that injections result in short term relief followed thereafter by long term pain. And that repeated injections are less effective etc. THere is plenty of documentation against the efficacy of the joint injections that Askari treats his patients with. All a $$$ game. Look into it. Do you research and be forewarned
N  17th of Dec, 2016 by    -2 Votes
Askari is as dishonest as they came. Amazing how a man of such low moral turpitude has a medical license. I sincerely doubt that he has achieved a medical license on his own merit. I suspect he is involved in siginificant violations of narcotics regulations and other fraudulent medical practices. the only reason he isn't behind bars is because doctors are too scarce in the area he practices and he renders health care to many government officers and servicemen and women. unAmerican in every way he handles his business, our founding fathers would be turning over in their graves if they knew what was going on at his clinic. Welcome to the new America we live in, where imported crooked doctors are being used as drug dealers and drug pushers in order to survive because the only one with money is pharmaceuticals and they keep the system and the wheels turning. Nobody else including the insurance companies now have a dime to contribute. Hojat is not his real name. His real name is Hojatollah, which the the angloiranian pronunciateion of the more commonly known Islamic Sharia leader, Ayatollah. Maybe we American consumers should do a little more in depth investigation into the doctors we are electing to receive care from. I have heard numerous additional negative things about this 'doctor' from other sources, but I think it is not relevant to his practice of medicine. If he were to act honestly and treat others the way he would want to be treated, he would not be constantly under attack by disgruntled patients like myself on this forum.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree