Subject: Appraisal Group of America refuses to refund money for services NOT rendered.
I would like to file a formal complaint against Auto Appraisals Group of America based out of Portland Oregon.
1. While deployed to Southern Iraq in 2008, my vehicle was involved in a total loss on April 15th while I was deployed. In hopes of getting assistance in my insurance settlement, I hired the services of Appraisal Group of America via telephone calls from Forwarding Operating Base Camp Bucca, Iraq.
2. Appraisal Group of America states the following services on their website:
? We can inspect your vehicle in any of the 50 U.S. states at your convenience. (They did not provide a physical appraisal because they charged more for this)
? We will call the body shop and get your repair order and review the repair estimate line-by-line with you (Total Loss, Not applicable)
? Analyze the type and extent of the damage and discuss the information with you.
? Provide an 8 to 10-page report to you and your insurance company.
? Call to verify your insurance company received the appraisal.
? Provide ongoing assistance with the claim through the entire process.
(NONE OF THESE SERVICES WERE RENDERED TO ME)
(A) Monica Fisher whom I have hired, DID NOT speak or communicate to my adjuster/insurance with USAA and I have written proof that USAA never had any contact with Appraisal Group of America.
3. Appraisal Group of America did send me a rough draft of their appraisal that was only WEB Based and was not a physical appraisal. I received a final draft with my changes and editing almost 2 weeks later.
THEY COULDN'T EVEN ADD THE FIGURES CORRECTLY.
4. I contacted Monica Fisher on May 20th stating my disappointment that I had heard nothing from them for over 2 weeks – and also complained that USAA claimed to not have ever heard from their company.
5. After having to settle my own claim after so long and without the assistance of Appraisal Group of America, I tried to get my money back because the ONLY service they provided was emailing me a random price sampling of similar vehicles from the internet that was formatted into a letter. NO OTHER SERVICES WERE RENDERED.
6. In their rebuttal, their company boldly claimed that my adjuster stated that I received more money from USAA simply because of their company's work/appraisal. This was a complete lie, proven by the statement from my insurance company. I am hurt by this statement because I did all the work to reach a settlement while my insurance company never spoke to this 3rd party appraisal company.
7. I paid a hefty price of $595.00 for their services of helping me with the services stated above. I have been lied to constantly as they claimed to negotiate for my insurance settlement in which they DID NOT.
Great Mills, MD, Maryland
Very wrong what they did to this Veteran. I decided to post the complaint again while feeling sorry for him.