All Inclusive Excursions / Royal Palm Travel / Changed name, same story

1 13355 Noel Road, Suite 1850 Dallas, TX, United States Review updated:

Received a call from All Inclusive Excursions offering a free trip and a $100 gas card. Could not find any information on the Internet, so did a search on the address and discovered that they operate at the same address as Royal Palm Travel. Beware

Da

Comments

• Du
      12th of Jun, 2009

I wish we had read this information before we went to hear the "all inclusive travel" sales pitch. We were so excited about this 'great' savings that we forgot all particality and fell for this scam hook, line and sinker. It wasn't until we got home that we realized that it was probably a bad idea. And it was!! We are out $3000 and once we got our username and password, we realized that we could go to kayak.com, expedia.com and other's like it and get the same prices they are offering. The secret website even looks similar to kayak's. Please, if I can save one person from making the same mistake we did, it won't hurt so bad to know we just threw $3o00 out the window. In this economy, who has $3000 just to give. We didn't but you live and learn

29th of Jun, 2009

We were scammed also, but I have contacted Fort Worth Star Telegram, Dallas Morning News, Channel 4, 5, 8, 11, Texas Attorney General, BBB, my credit card company. That is just a start.

They will receive so much bad publicity from me, I will sit outside their office as potential members walk up and I will explain to them what is about to happen.

They better listen to me and give me my money back.

• Br
      19th of Jul, 2009

went the other night and although we wish we had the money to travel the places they were showing we are also lucky because we did not get sucked in - interesting that it started out for $9K +400 fees +200 monthly and by the time we had said no more than once (and gotten the why did you waste my time look) I just want you to meet with this person...then they wanted us to do a survey...which brought us down to the final price of $399 + 199 for a 2 yr no obligation membership with the right to add on for "life" without all the original fees - still we did not bite. However, for anyone that wants to pursue this legally - I have ALL the notes and package prices THEY told us about - some how or another I walked out with them all. I took a lot of notes as well. Honestly, I went for the free $100 gift card we'll see if they follow through on that. They did give us a voucher for Premier Choice Rewards for several options, but after researching will probably just ignore it so that they don't ever end up with personal information.

Here are all the names that I have found on the paperwork alone - All Inclusive Excursions, Royal Palm Travel, in their presentation they represented themselves as Sealand Travel all at the address of One Galleria tower 13355 Noel Road suite 1850 (18th floor) Dallas, TX 75240 - upon searching there are several others that have been attached to this location. There is also one in Forth Worth.

19th of Jul, 2009

I would love your notes, please contact me at k_ludwig@yahoo.com.

I am trying to get our money back.
    Thanks

• Ki
      23rd of Jul, 2009

Thank youfor posting this information. I received a phone call from this company last night and made an appointment for next week to go and hear their pitch. I'm so sorry that some people ahve been taken advantage of by this company. I hope you get your money back somehow.

• Vm
      24th of Jul, 2009

Omg! They have been calling me the past few weeks and finally got in touch with me today. The lady on the phone told me it was no pressure at that we would be there 60 to 90 minutes tops. She said we were guaranteed to get a gift etc etc. And that the company was watched by "Big Brother" at that they had to give the prize by law or something. We are supposed to go July 29th. Should we just cancel? I was just going to go for the prize, I'm NOT buying anything. Is it a terrible idea?

• To
      31st of Jul, 2009

My husband and I went to the presentation last night. We only went for the free airline tickets and all the other free stuff we were offered. They over booked so we were put in a room alone with the salesman and a computer to watch it on. He ran thru the video real quick then started his sales pitch. Of course for the best package, the VIP package you have to buy right that minute. They can't let you sleep on it. The VIP package was $8995 + $399 registration fee + $199 annual dues. The whole thing sounded like a great deal. Who wouldn't want to pay 70% less for a vacation to Italy! We couldn't afford the $9600 so they offered us cheaper packages. The cheapest being $4000 plus the other fees. They were willing to finance us but at a 17% interest rate. We still said No thanks so our salesman brought in someone else to help us. He chit chatted for a few minutes, asked what the problem was, why we weren't ready to sign up. When we said it's the money he said oh well you're in luck!! You guys are getting a chance that no one else has yet ( they were all still watching the video in the other room). He offers us a package that has unlimited EVERYTHING, it's better than the VIP package we were originally offered. And get this, it was only $2500 but he would knock it down to $1500!! WOW, what a deal!!! He gaves us this story that he has a couple that is going through a divorce and they haven't been making their payments on their package so it would be "repoed" from them and given to us, we just had to assume payments and it was ours. Well we still didn't have $1500 just lying around so once again we said no.
    Now comes the time for us to get our free stuff. Oh darn, he says, ya'll are going to be really mad at me but we are going to have to give you a raincheck on all of your gifts. If they haven't come in within the next week just call this number and they will take care of it.
    Unbelieveable!!! Anyone who is even going to waste their time going to one of these presentations needs to really think about it first. Thing is, when we got the invitation in the mail, it said nothing about what company it was so we could do no research before hand. EVERYONE BEWARE!!!

31st of Jul, 2009

I just cannot believe they can still operate a company like this in America. We went yesterday and they made us believe this was the best deal out there and how timeshare where you buy deed is the worst thing since you pay so much. We went just for the gift and kept our mind open and negotiated and got the price cheaper but when I read this online about the company we changed our mind. Thank GOD!!! I really would like to know how they can cheat people like that??! The gift is the stupidest thing I have ever heard of...they dont even tell you that you dont get it right then. Another thing you can tell is that how the people are dressed and the type of people that works there then you would want to think twice before you give your personal info over to them. Please make sure you dont spend your money and your dont give your info over to someone that is going to steal your identity. BE AWARE!

22nd of Aug, 2009

We got our money back. After filing with Missouri BBB and our credit card company. Both put the heat on them. My credit card company actually put a credit on our credit card and would not pay the bill. All of the sudden we received two calls from Sea Land Travel/All Inclusive Excursions/Royal Palm Travel etc... They wanted to give us our money back. My husband met with them, we got our money back and immediately they asked for us to contact our credit card company so that their merchant account could be cleared. We were persistant. You credit card company can fight for you. If you have not got caught up in this scam STAY AWAY, FAR AWAY!!! If you have then contact everyone you possibly can think of. I had two television stations contact me about doing a story on them. We had researched sooooo much stuff on them and my husband told them some of the information we had on them. I think they were shocked we had done so much homeowrk. Good luck, and don't give up!!!

• Su
      24th of Aug, 2009

I recently attended a presentation by Royal Palm Travel and from the start I had a sense that this was nothing short of a scam. We were first contacted by a company that said we had filled out one of those “Free vacation” forms that you see at your local mall. That gave me a sense of suspicion, since filling out those forms is something that we normally avoid, but they offered 2-free airline tickets – and to a family of six that sounded like a great deal. We visited the office and right off I noticed that the name in the reception area, All Inclusive Excursions, was different from whom I thought I was dealing with.

After filling out a form with our information, we were ushered into a room with about ten other couples (the ten couples in the room were made up of extremely old or extremely young whites and middle aged Blacks and Hispanics – it seems that’s the profile of the group they focus on – or at least that’s what it seemed like on that day) for a presentation that lasted about an hour. As part of the presentation, we were told that we could purchase vacation packages (air fare, room, and meals) for about 60% to 80% of cost. Additionally, we were told that we could stay in the same luxury timeshares (Hilton, Marriott, etc.) that others purchased for between $40, 000 to $65, 000, without having to buy a timeshare, pay the maintenance or taxes that owners did. Sounded pretty good to us, but the price of joining this club was $8995, but for the first couple that purchased during that presentation they offered an additional $1000 discounted off the price. This discount could only be extended to the first buyer -- we were “warned”, because about 80% of those who had attended a presentation that day had signed a contract. We were then asked to applaud loudly to let the salespeople know that we were done with the presentation, but I suspect that the applause where intended mostly for the next group of “buyers” that was waiting in the reception area.

Almost immediately a group of salespeople swarmed into the room. They turned on some background music which I am sure was intended to drown out the negotiations that were to take place at the tables. One of their salesmen sat at our table and started his pitch. We told them that we weren’t interested – that the cost was too great for us. Immediately he started cutting down the price of the plan. From $8995 he cut it down to $4995. After some resistance from us the price was cut another $1000. A few minutes later, a vacation package was offered to sweeten the deal – and if we put the deal on our credit card another $500 would be reduced from the price.

My good sense was overcome by my desire to grab a “good deal” (I am an idiot), so we agreed to look at the contract. Immediately, the salesperson exclaimed loudly to the group of prospects in the room, “We have a buyer”.

Within fifteen minutes of when the salespeople came into the room, more than half the group of prospective buyers at our presentation had left (the smart ones) – so I am not sure how their 80% sign-up rate was holding up (tongue-in-cheek).

We went into a separate office to sign a contract. When the contract was presented to me, as I read through it, it seemed that what they were giving us to sign was a unilateral contract which granted them complete payment without them having to fulfill any of the promises presented to us on that day. I complained to the contract manager (not a salesperson) and balked at signing the contract. He walked out of the office and brought back in the salesperson – who offered to include an addendum on our worksheet to say that if their offer was not what they presented to us on that day that we could cancel our contract and receive our money back. I also request that they provided me a temporary ID and password to access their web site so that I could review their offers to assure myself that they were comparable to their presentation, but I was denied that. Instead, they offered to speed-up our membership so that we could get our ID and password within 5-days.

By this time, I was feeling the pressure and duress that they were applying. From that moment on, all I wanted to do was walk out of their as soon as possible. The contract was extremely lengthy. It required initially about 25 stipulations. Phone notarization of the contract saying that we had agreed to signed the contract in full and initialing a statement indicating that we understood that the “3-Day Right to Cancel” law did not apply to this contract. Then, the contract manager asked us to help him out by filling out a form telling him what where the deciding factors in us signing the contract. He said this was for marketing purposes, but I am sure that it was to further cement their “iron-clad” contract against us, because after providing him these 3-reasons, we were asked to signed and date the form.

Only after completing this process were we allowed to leave the premises – at which point, we were escorted out of the building.

Immediately on driving out of the parking garage, I called my credit card company and asked them not to make payment to this company. I also wrote a letter to Royal Palm Travel information them of our intent to rescind the contract and sent it certified return receipt.

26th of Aug, 2009

We came back from All Inclusive Excursions today, and this is my review. First of all, everything that I've read about how everything went down with the complaints is true, from the bait and switch, to the minister to the price reduction. I am in sales so I understand all the tactics in the book, I can even see that some of the sales people were not real salespeople at all...lol...I'll explain later. I guess they were trying to come across as no pressure sales pitch. They even came out at the beginning of the pitch and said that the package was $8995...wow..

We were escorted to a presentation room where there were about 5 other couples waiting. We sat a small round table and our salesperson introduced himself (Josh) and started off with the informal what-do-you-do exchange. He leaves, then the presenter enters and makes about a 45 min presentation on how much money you can save on a trip, like a $5000 12 day trip to Australia would only cost you about $2200. This guy was the most experienced but he didn't do any closing. His pitch is based on his fact that they are not a distributor of travel packages, but the manufacturer. Distributors and middlemen come to him to get these special prices, but we can skip the middleman, I feel so lucky already. He presented his materials and then his pack of wolves came in to try and close the deal. The first person who came to our table after the presentation was not the frontman who sat with us before the presentation. This person appeared to me to be the least experienced, she asked a few questions, did some trial close on us, then introduced us to the closer by saying, "they are very interested" huh? Did I miss something? Kyle, the closer, tried to close us on the $8995 package, then the $5995 package, then the $4995 package. When he was unsuccessful, Josh, our frontman, came back. He said that he had some clients who financed the packages and decided to let it go, so he can offer us the same deal by taking over the existing contract...for $2995. After several no's and rebuttals, he ended up offering a 2 yr trial for $399 plus fees. After he was unsuccessful in closing us, he said that someone will do a survey, then we can leave. The last wolf who stopped by was a minister. He must be a minister because he had zero sales skills. But I guess they are hoping that a minister may give us a different light and perspective. No luck. I chewed them all up and split them out. My final "No" that made them gave up was that I told Josh it's not about the price. I'm not going to make a decision on paying even $99 until I've done some research on the company and determine that people are actually saving money.

In the end, the minister thanked us for our time and gave us a voucher for 2 free airline tickets. We have to send it in within 30 days to get the travel vouchers. The company who is offering this amazing incentive is Premier Choice Awards, www.premierchoicerewards.com. They have a bunch of disclaimers on their site, including a $50 per person registration and ticketing fee, and all taxes and service fees are extra. We will see, I hope to give another update once I get the log on information to book the tickets.

Good luck guys. Keep in mind, you can always get special $2000 deals on the web for $600. Travelocity, Orbitz and others make these legitimate offers all the time. You don't need to pay $9000 to do it.

• Gu
      30th of Aug, 2009

This scam has been going on for months!! See

My wife attended the Dallas All Inclusive Excursion (AKA Royal Palm) presentation yesterday. Same experience as all above but the last salesman went down to only $3000 before they finally gave up. However they made us wait another 30 minutes to get our Premier Choice Awards "free" airlines ticket voucher. After I got home I researched the AIE and Hudson Stone, the company on the letterhead for the letter we got with the "we have attempted contacting you several times without success. This is our last attempt." spiel signed by the fictitious Ashley Wilcox.

Apparently this scammer has been at this in several states using at least seven company names:

Spencer Burns
    Hammond Reed
    Donovan Rich
    Lambert Steel
    Watson Brooks
    Bradley Tate
    and the one we got Hudson Stone

All their websites are identical and have no contact information. In addition, most of the links on the websites do not work. All are mailed from Phoenix on a fake handwritten looking address to the addressee.

Also noticed a lot of security when we first got to the Galleria Tower 1 office of AIE, so they have trouble with customers that have been scammed in the past. The salespersons all look and dress like rejects from a used car salesman lot.

I hop this post prevents someone from signing up. I am throwing the "free" 2 ticket voucher in the trash!!

30th of Aug, 2009

Everything posted above is the same thing that happened to us, step by step. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME OR YOUR MONEY!!!

1st of Sep, 2009

The bottom line if you don't know how to say no then you shouldn't go. Of course the sales people are going to go down on the price if they think you will go for it. Real Estate Agents and Care Salemens do it all the time. My husband & I go to these things all the time (at least 3 times a year) and we always walk out with a gift. We have been to Florida, San Diego, Las Vegas, Cancun on these companies dime. Then when we go on our vacation we might view a presentation for free theater tickets or dinner tickets. We have saved thousands of dollars. Sure the sales people are annoying but its not like a gun is being held to my head to buy something. My parents own a timeshare through Blue Green and they use it all the time and they are able to get discounts on cruises and airfare tickets. It doesn't seem so bad.

• Ha
      14th of Sep, 2009

Okay, We are interested in going to their presentation ONLY for the all inclusive Vegas trip. We DO NOT plan on buying one thing! Does anyone know if the free gift is also a scam???

17th of Sep, 2009

I received the same scam letter in the mail today dated September 14, 2009, signed by Jacqueline Penn, and sent from Phoenix, AZ. The phone number to call is located in the Fort Worth, TX (Tarrant County) area...817-204-0553. Now they are using the company name Peterson Burke. Same statement claiming they have been trying to reach me several times without success, and same claim that I have won 2 rountrip airline tickets valid for travel anywhere in the continental US valued at $1400, and same website referenced with no access available.

I experienced one of these cheesy scams years ago only it was for timeshares. I was a single parent and only went for the new car I had won. I was tough and refused their pitches, but was made to feel like I was some sort of deadbeat for not accepting their gracious discounted offers to "help me" get their wonderful product.

My advice to anyone receiving this solicitation is to RUN from this scam! It's not worth the hassle, at least it wasn't for me. I have better things to do in life and pulling teeth would have been a more pleasurable experience.

I hope someone is successful in shutting them down.

• Ks
      24th of Sep, 2009

I received a call today. They are still calling under the name All Inclusive Excursions. It is obvious it is a scam by the individuals that they are using as telemarketers. This is a classic scam where they state major companies, such [censored]iday Inn, as financial sponsors. I contacted Holiday Inn Guest Relations immediately following my call and they stated that this in fact is a SCAM. Buyer Beware.

• Rf
      6th of Oct, 2009

Hi, we just got scamed last weekend. Usually we're pretty careful about stuff but have a problem now. My email is fred.riegle@hotmail.com. Would like to talk with anyone that has been scammed by these people...

Let's group together and see what we can do...

• Rf
      6th of Oct, 2009

Hi, my email is fred.riegle@hotmail.com. I was scamed last weekend. The speel sure changed to the actual. Lies, switch and bait, "trust me", I fell for it all. If you were taken by these people I'd like your advice or let's do something that might get us results. They're slick but we can fight it together.

• Il
      11th of Oct, 2009

I actually worked for this company in a booth in the mall before I realized my job was to drag people in to get ripped off. Me being low down in the food chain I was actually made believe the same lies they told their customers for a while.
    For a while we were doing the "free gift" of airline tickets and gas cards approach trying to get people to sign up for seminars. Though soon corporate ( whoever that may be) switched to us just gettin "leads" for the call centers to contact by having people "enter to win a 500 dollar shopping spree" and completely removing the company name from the booth.
    Entrys that were not of married couples or single women, over the age of 25, making 40000 a year and with a major credit cards were immeadiately thrown away while the rest were handed over to a boss who's last name I didn't even know who showed up weekly for 5 minutes or so.
    Scheezy company... They even screw over employees.

I was one of three people that worked at the booth at first. The man who hired me stopped showing up and had aparently left to California over night after about a week of me working there. so me being 17 with no training was left to run the thing. I finally quit when the other person I worked with showed up drunk screaming until security was called and my "boss" who I never even saw accused me of being on drugs. Wow. This scam is run by lunatics.