I have been trying for around 3 months to get my Amana gas range repaired - it is 4 years old, it simply does not work. I have had 5 attempted visits by an A@E authorized technician:
1) Around March 15th, 2007, the first technician could not diagnose the problem, and could not put the oven back together; my wife had to show him how to insert screws, and another appt. was rescheduled.
2) The second technician (around May 10th), installed a new control panel but the problem still was not corrected (oven does not work). Another appt. was rescheduled.
3) The third technician came out (around June 5th) and said (again) that the control panel had to be replaced, even though it was brand new. He lost 2 screws trying to put it back together, and said "they were not important."
4) On June 23rd, the fourth technician came out and diagnosed the igniter as the problem. He attempted to install a new one, but after trying to install it, he realized he was trying to install the wrong part. Yet another rescheduled appt.
5) On June 30th, the technician never showed up. I called A#E, and they said my appt. was for between 1pm - 5pm that day.
I had witnessed on the prior visit the technician enter his into his computer a time of 8am - 12pm, and he also verbally confirmed that time. I dealt with Brandon at [protected]. He had no sympathy and said that I was wrong; he essentially kept saying "too bad" in tone - not verbally - to all my questions. He said that in order to check for a rescheduling, he would have to cancel that day's appt. I said no, just check what is available - he said "no." That meant I may have to wait another week or two just to see what is available. I asked him to put a rush on this days service - he said "no- they will come when they come." I asked for a manager; he said no one was there. I asked for his name (Brandon) and he refused to give his last name or his work ID number. I kept on insisting for a manager and he kept refusing. He finally said he could schedule someone to call me back with no guarantee of when that would be. I said that was unacceptable. As I kept on insisting for either a rush on the appt, or to speak with a manager, he hung up on me. The service provided by A&E, from the start, has been the worst example of customer service I have ever experienced for any product in my life. I am 45 years old.