Acanac / Terrible experience

1 1650 Dundas Street East. Unit 204Mississauga, Ontario, Canada Review updated:

We were with Acanac internet provider since October 2007. At the very beginning we experienced very poor service and wanted to cancel. Instead of a refund we were offered a 3 free month of service for the inconvenience. Because our service was extended for another 3 month we were expecting it to expire in January. Instead, we got charged double of the first year without previous notice or our consent or authorization in October.

Now I am trying to get a refund but the company's billing department is hiding behind emails and is not giving our money back. Instead they are sending us pointless emails with advise to shop around and see that they are still the best service providers for the money. We were charged over $400 from our credit card and they are dragging it on for almost a month now and still nothing was done.

I don't know what to do at this point but thinking to take this crooks to court and then see what happens. I wish that there would be a government service of some sort like Human Rights or Labour Department but for consumers protection that could tighten the rope around the company's neck so they don't cheat any more people.

Va

Comments

• Ta
      27th of Jan, 2009

I am kind of new to acanac internet service and so far so good. You just need to read the ads prior to sign on to the service as its ads mention discount is for 1 years only - after that the price go up (still cheaper to other guy like bell, roger). In general, I would cancel my credit card after 6 month of usage just to be on the safe side.

• Bo
      13th of Mar, 2009

lets do a classaction suit and close these . did you use your visa to pay

• Bo
      13th of Mar, 2009

samehere i had a terrible experience with acanac com
    and am trying to resolve withvisa, how do we getout of this is there an agency that regulates this. actually im sitting with361 dollars they pulled the same three month thing with me and thought they were charging me 39 amonth still locked in but i becausethey credited my account 400 and visa also
    reversed charges . in effect im ahead 361 of their money and still conected i lets get togewtherif you used visa and stop this mess .. bob

• Di
      24th of Mar, 2009

ACANAC IS THE WORST COMPANY I DEALT WITH IN MY LIFE.
    Their system is to lure you in with a contract of $18.99/month valid for 12 months then automatically charge your credit card with $407.40 to renew for one more year.They first charge your credit card then inform you.If you ask them for a refund and cansell the contract, they will not do it.
    This is a stinking sale technique.
    I strongly suggest to go with BELL or ROGERS they are more honest and the ir staff is more approachble and profesiional.
    I suggest to report their dishnest practise to Consumer Protection of Ontario.

• Bu
      17th of Apr, 2009

Acanac Sucks!!
    There billing department is in iran..they are trying to hide that fact from you by making the billing dept email only..you cannot talk to the billing dept about a dispute.

• Mo
      15th of May, 2009

What a stupid you are button 99! Acanac is in Canada and you can not blaim Iran for everything like US presidents:D

Acanac Sucks, I agree. But you can add your knowledg by reading books or searching thing instead of say something and make a joke from yourself:D

• To
      18th of Aug, 2009

Acanac is worst service, especially most of the technical supporters are lier. they cheat on you . they delay my account open 3 times, every time they said tommrow it will work, finally after 18 days it is connected and the spped is 0.5M and I pay for 5M.
    really sucks.

• Mi
      9th of Nov, 2009

Acanac is not worest company they are Bell reseller.
    I am using their internet servcie since 3 years. At the first year i had bit problem with DSL signal.
    Worest part is you can not talk with them in phone about billing complain only by web reply.
    Web part is good you get a reply within 1-2 hrs better than wait on phone and not waste time like bell ( 30 mins +)
    you pay acanac 33.95 CAD per month and for same service you will pay to bell 51.95 CAD ( -5 CAD) if you have bell phone service.
    Acanac stary at 6mbs where bell now at 8mbs.
    Acanac gives you unlimited datatransfer where Bell or Rogers give 80 GB/m. ( I use IPTV) Bell charge you 2.95 per extra gb.

And to get refund from Acanac is bit hard and have to fight.
    Best thing .. if you do not like Acanac service inform them 1/2 months before your term to cancel servcie.
    They take 407 CAD per year as you sign to get first year 18.99/m or 227.
    If you like to get advance of 18.99 where normal price is 34.95 and do not want to stray at least one year.
    All DSL internet provider is Bell reseller ( Bell gives first priority their own customer)

Here is a simple internet price list
    AEI.CA= 29.95+tx Unlimited (6mbs)
    inter.net 29.95+tx 80GB (6bps)
    bell.ca 45.95+2.95+tx 60 GB ( 8mbps)
    Rogers 45.95 60 Gb
    Videotron 41.95+tx 30 GB ( 7.5mbps)

• Be
      4th of Mar, 2011
    Acanac - Horrible Service
    Acanac
    fix it before March 8th
    Cornwall
    Ontario
    Canada

I was suppopsed to be set up Febuary 11 we are now March 4th and they are saying they can't do anything to help before March 8th. Nobody retuns calls and or cares. They lie repeatly and are in short completely usless. I switched because of a lower cost, about it has not been worth it.

• Je
      5th of Jan, 2012

I have now become a disillusioned Acanac subscriber. They started charging the Quebec sales tax (QST) since some time in the Fall of 2011 but when I asked them repeatedly to provide their QST registration number (which should be displayed on the invoice like the GST number they were unwilling to provide it. After more than a month of trying I contacted Revenue Quebec and they informed me that Acanac does not have a QST number and should not be collecting QST (as of today). They were clearly lying when the kept telling me they have one but kept refusing to provide it.

When I posted this on the Acanac community board the gave a silly explanation about how they have to collect for month before they are allowed get a number. Which is absurd. Then they locked the thread and later today deleted the thread.

Seems they have been caught in a lie and are trying to cover it up. If they had any one in customer service with common sense they would have apologized and corrected the invoice instead of trying to cover up that they have been collecting the tax when they should not have been.

Terrible customer service. When you call they give the run around, don't answer the question you ask in the emails, and refuse to transfer you a manager or supervisor when you ask.

Previously I would recommend acanac but not anymore. Someone at acanac should be fired for this.

• Go
      15th of Jul, 2014

Let sue them and close them down for good,

• If
      20th of Jan, 2015

I guess we all have to cancel our credit cards in order to get rid off this acanac service.