40544 / Unauthorized charges

I have also found "Premium Data Charges" of $9.99 on my cell bill -- when calling my carrier, they told me they were from a subscription from 40544. I never subscribed to anything and found that this spam company is receiving the $9.99 per month. My carrier also said to text 40544 with a message "stop" which I did and they confirmed unsubscription -- BUT I NEVER SUBSCRIBED to this. My carrier credited me one month of the charges but stated I had to go back to the company for a refund -- said to TEXT them. The unsubscribed message is from iqquizapp.com/us IQQuiz Amazing Facts subscription -- which I never subscribed to.

This scam company needs to be reported and stopped.

Comments

• Fc
      26th of Nov, 2010

I received same charge of $9.99 on my cell bill since June. I found it until this month (November). The source is 49544 IQ QUIZ. I never subscribe service from here. How can I got my money back?

• Ar
      21st of Apr, 2012

there is a whole page on this at ww.smartphonetellmehow.com has a whole page on this

• Td
      27th of Apr, 2012

I just called the company through finding their website: http://iqquizapp.com/us/
    I called the number listed (8888906150) and told them I never subscribed and had discovered two charges billed.
    They said they would send me a refund check (we will see) within 7 business days.
    I asked how I was subscribed to begin with; they told me that if I entered my phone number through a winner prompt to claim my prize that I would automatically be subscribed. I never did this but perhaps someone entered my phone number by mistake or as a joke.
    I also called my provider (verizon) and disabled premium messaging to prevent this from happening in the future.
    What a scam...