24 Hour Fitness / parents beware
Parents Beware ~ On Friday March 14, 2008 my 8 year old daughter went to the Kids Club at 24 Hour Fitness for the first time. During her 60 minute stay, she witnessed one of the child care attendants aggressively pick up a toddler that would not stop crying and verbally abuse this child. While this was taking place she witnessed the second child care attendant do nothing to remedy the situation.
My daughter had to wait in fear for her own well being until I picked her up after my workout.
As a parent and new member of the gym, I was appalled and horrified to hear about her experience. I phoned management immediately and filed a complaint. I was met with little to no response.
I phoned the Sheriff's Dept. and went to the gym on Monday the 17th to file a formal complaint. I had a mtg. with 2 mgrs., the VP of the Region and the person who enrolled me. Once again, I was given little to no response.
I am still waiting to hear what actions have been taken to safe guard our children that we blindly entrust to gym employees. No phone calls have been returned, no action has been taken.
I guess it is acceptable to allow hourly paid employees physically and verbally abuse our children, I mean it must come with our monthly dues, right?
Thanks 24 Hour Fitness for terrifying my 8 yr old daughter and allowing children's safety to be less than a priority in your eyes.
More 24 Hour Fitness Complaints & Reviews
- 24 Hour Fitness - dues increase??? 
- 24 Hour Fitness - poor members treatment! 
- 24 Hour Fitness - fraud class action suit 
- 24 Hour Fitness - consumer fraud 
- 24 Hour Fitness - unprofessional behaviour! 
- 24 Hour Fitness USA - cleanliness/filthy
- 24 Hour Fitness USA - gym's cleanliness
- 24 Hour Fitness USA - Unethical Cleanliness of Facility
- 24 Hour Fitness USA - management
- 24 Hour Fitness USA - condition of the gym and machines