2004 Acura TL

Dashboard cracks

4.65
Acura
Phone: 757-746-3817
My 2004 Acura TL which I bought brand new off the dealership lot and is having cracks all over the dashboard. It has cracks above the gauges and cracks along the passenger airbag side. I talked the Acura dealership and they id that it's a wear and tare part. I also have extended warranty, and they also told me that it's a wear and tare part and it's not covered. I've seen cars that are 16 years old and the dashboard is still good. What's going with these high price luxury cars? I could of bought two cars for this. This is my first car with Acura and I will not recommend or buy another with Acura.
Complaint comments Comments (74)    Updated: Complaint country United States Complaint category Cars, Parts & Vehicles

Comments

A  27th of Aug, 2010 by    +1 Votes
Mine 04 TL just cracked too. I have 70k miles. I'm taking it to the Rick Case dealership tomorrow to see what can be done. It is a factory defect that corporate should pay for.
A  28th of Sep, 2010 by    +1 Votes
I have 2004 Acura TL with the same problem, will take it to the dealer on Monday for the problem
N  7th of Nov, 2010 by    0 Votes
I too have an '04 Acura TL and a long crack just appeared on the dash over the passenger side airbag. I've contacted the dealership and they only want to cover half of the $1700 quote to replace it. After reading all these complaints, its obvious that it is a factory defect with the 2004 model and should have been recalled.
A  30th of Mar, 2011 by    0 Votes
I have a 04 TL 73000 miles and it is cracked all over. What a piece of junk. First it was rodents chewing up the wires, the power steering pump noisy when cold, the srs light stays on, and now the dash. This car is driven once a week and parked under a carport the rest of the time. Facebook has a page on this as well.
A  14th of Apr, 2011 by    0 Votes
I got the same problem on mine. Started along the passenger side airbag. Now the stress has spread cracks all over my dash. Poorly done cheap constructed dash!!! Acura knows the issue, but won't admit it, they should be ashamed. Will never buy another Acura and will deter anyone I know from buying this POS as well. Cars from 1994 still have a good dash, can't say the same for my 04 TL. Sad sad sad.
A  11th of May, 2011 by    0 Votes
My Acura TL 04 dash started cracking and spread quickly like a disease. The cracks are ALL over my dash, right left - to top - over the speakers, etc. I called Acura Corp today and got a case number and I am taking it in to the Acura dealership in the morning so to service manager can take a look at it and see if I can get any good will. I sure hope so, for this expensive of a car this is ridiculous! I cannot believe there is not a recall and for cracks all around the airbag, I would think that would be a bit dangerous.
N  5th of Jun, 2011 by    0 Votes
I have a 2004 TL which I bought brand new off the lot. I am having problems with cracking of my dashboard also. It began as a small crack over the passenger side air bag and has grown to 4 cracks which run from the windshield almost to the glove compartment. This is my third Acura and I love their products. I have never had more than usual wear and tear problems with any of them; however, this is clearly a defect/design flaw. The materials used to manufacture the dashboard cannot handle, the stress and strain associated with typical dail shifts in climate. Acura needs to step up and take responsibility for this issue.
N  16th of Aug, 2011 by    +1 Votes
I picked up an 07 Acura TL type S this weekend with the same issue. Two huge cracks down the dashboard. Fortunately for me, the car still has two months left on the manufacturers warranty. The only issue is that i have to wait till the car is titled under my name for Acura to cover the damages. While i was at Acura of Pembroke Pines FL, a couple of the customers that were there getting their cars serviced said they had the same thing happen to their cars as well. Another buddy of mine said he had the same thing happen to his 05 Acura. The problem according to Acura seems to be happening only in the southern states. This is an expensive car and should not be having this problem at all and definitely not so soon. I also own a 1992 mercedes benz 300E with a perfectly intact dashboard. There is a facebook page where customers have united to voice their complaint on the issue. An Atlanta news station recently carried the story on their station. http://www.wsbtv.com/news/27832796/detail.html. The only bright side to the whole thing is that so far, this is the only issue i have heard of concerning the Acura TL.
A  15th of Sep, 2011 by    +1 Votes
Wow!!! I thought I was alone in this matter. Everyone !!! PLEASE go to the following website and document your complaint on the cracked dashboard. If there are enough complaints filed, they will open an investigation and look into a recall. For those who already paid for the repair, keep your receipt! I was told you too, can receive reimbursement if we can get them to recall. So lets mount up and get to sending in the complaints!!

A  5th of Nov, 2011 by    +1 Votes
I bought my Acura TL 2004 4 months ago. I was in Puerto Rico for 2 month and my car was parked in my garage the whole time. My dash was cracked when i got back! I have cracks all over my dash too. We need to get Acura to stand up and take responsibly for there products!
A  10th of Nov, 2011 by    +2 Votes
The same happen to my 2004 TL. It is the only complaint with my car but Acura need to respond for this defect.
A  30th of Nov, 2011 by    +2 Votes
I just posted an article on CNN I Report about this cracked dash issue: http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-708135
D  4th of Dec, 2011 by    +3 Votes
I'm just buy my 2006 tl and I have the same problem on my dash, the car have only 57, 000 miles on it .So I hope that the people from the acura get together and take action with the situation because its look like is a manufactured defect
N  13th of Jan, 2012 by    0 Votes
I am also a victim to the cracking of the dashboard & I have a 2004 TL. It's just not a good look and we are paying a lot of money for something like this.
A  20th of Jan, 2012 by    0 Votes
Hi i bought an 2006 Acura TL from Pembroke Pine dealer from Miami and after driving that car for over an year i started getting some cracks on the dashboard. Its kind of messed up how the dealer told me that it will cost me $1800 dollars to fix the manufacture defects. Then after i started complaining that its a luxury car and my old 1995 corolla never gave me problems like that then he started telling me about the good will thing and that they will cover about 60% of the price.. still after the 60% i m looking at paying about $900 dollars for something that i didn’t break...
N  9th of Feb, 2012 by    0 Votes
I have a 2004 Acura TL and keep it sun protected and have cracks all over it im in tampa fl i ask the ferman acura dealer and they state sorry its not a recall and it can be replaced at 1400.00. Im so pist as this vehicle is a great car and looking at the dash makes your car look not good. We need a recall Acura Corp please this is to expensive and honestly the vehicle isnt a cheap car to have a cheap dash!!! PLease us out with a recall
A  21st of May, 2012 by    0 Votes
I have a 2004 TL and in the last two months, the dash has developed two very long cracks. The car is garage kept and protected against the sun. I am very disappointed in the quality of this Acura.
N  1st of Jul, 2012 by    0 Votes
I filed my complaint today! It's a bunch of crap that this dash is just cracking on its own! I will NOT buy another Acura because of this!!
N  3rd of Jul, 2012 by    -1 Votes
I too just filed a complaint. I have a 2005 TL with 2 huge cracks running down the dashboard. There is no reason for this to be taking place on such a higher-end car.
N  5th of Jun, 2017 by    0 Votes
@ScottSc Ware did you have to call to complain my dashboard just crack
A  10th of Jul, 2012 by    -1 Votes
I have a cracked dash in my 05 TL that is located along the side of the area bag and was informed that the rest of it was going to crack...I am pissed...

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree