Posted: Dec 8, 2013 by

701 Lee Road, Suite 300
Chesterbrook PA 19087, United States
Phone: 877-461-2631
1and1.com
After being a web hosting customer for 6.5 years paying $15/month, I get a call on a Friday afternoon from some telemarketing nut wanting me to take the 1and1 Website builder service. I say we are satisfied with our current website and may be merging companies soon so these decisions wouldn't even be made now anyway. The Tele-Fraudster says "oh can we just send you and email so you can take a look at the service?". Well, to get her off my phone I say send me an email and if I get time I'll take a look. Damn good thing I looked at the email, it was an invoice with the first month free, but if not CANCELLED in 30 days, they start billing me for a new advanced service that I'm supposed to appreciate and have full knowledge of because Tele-Fraudster was so helpful in her phone scam. While the amount due on this initial invoice is ZERO $0.00, you know in the next quarter it automatically hits my credit card. All this to say we will be leaving 1and1.com completely very soon and using another more reputable service for website hosting. As it was, they have such a weird setup (and I'm no tekkie) that the company who built my website had a hard time connecting it to 1and1's domain structure, so it's all for the better. Buyer beware of the simple, cheap or FREE approach...you get what you pay for and sometimes things you don't.

1and1.com

Complaint comments Comments (0) Complaint country United States Complaint category Hosting & Web Design

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree