Commissioner Alicia Blancocrooked judicial officer and a raging alcoholic

H Review updated:

Commissioner alicia blanco aka alicia yoko blanco aka commissioner alicia yoko blanco is a corrupt, self-serving, unfair judicial officer, currently in van nuys court.
Commissioner alicia blanco aka alicia yoko blanco aka alicia blanco is an absolutely underhanded, crooked, dishonest commissioner who skirts the law and ignores procedures in order to satisfy her own twisted agenda.
She has always ruled against people who were not guilty and she has always ruled for liars and manipulators, in her court.
Commissioner alicia blanco aka alicia yoko blanco aka commissioner alicia yoko blanco and her flagrant misconduct can also be explained the fact that she is a raging psychopath, disordered personality, and a full-time alcoholic. She drinks every chance she gets and she carries her despicable acts into her job.
It is beyond me how anyone will ever vote her into a position when it comes to the next elections.

• Ci
    CivilParalegal Nov 12, 2020

It took me a very long time to reach the point to relay my experience with Alicia Blanco, who I consider to be a destructive individual, and dangerous to the people who appear before her. Out of consideration for other people who might appear before her, I should have posted this long before now.

I complained about Commissioner Blanco’s behavior to the Judicial Counsel Review Board after she dropped a restraining order I had against a former unstable girlfriend, but who enforced a restraining order against myself based on allegations she made, that she never provided evidence for to the court. Commissioner Blanco became highly irritated with my pointing out that my former girlfriend fabricated her accusations, never provided the evidence she claimed, and could not have had evidence she claimed, based on several contradictory dates she gave. Blanco simply replied “it doesn’t matter if she has evidence or not (!). I asked Blanco repeatedly to adjudicate as to whether she took these unproven allegations as evidence or not, and she informed me that she would not be doing that, as “it didn’t matter whether her allegations occurred or not”. Again, incredible, but true.
    When I complained about her to the Judicial Counsel, they replied with the standard “court discretion” blanket response, that the judge in a case has court discretion to decide as they wish, regardless of facts or evidence. This means that a judge can do whatever they want with impunity, with no justification or oversight.
    So the Judicial Counsel is completely meaningless as a governing board over judges in the Superior Court. They are paid an obscene amount of money, and consist of former judges who move to this Counsel after retiring from their positions on Superior Court. No conflict of interest there.

While waiting for my case to be heard, Blanco actually caused a woman in another case she was presiding over to have a nervous breakdown, as the woman's estranged husband had been constantly harassing her, sending her pictures of his penis, and sexually harassing her, and Blanco still allowed him to stay in the same house with her!! This should have been a huge red flag for me Not to have my case heard by Blanco, who seems to pick sides immediately, and lose her temper and explode if you disagree with any of her statements to defend yourself. This poor woman had a nervous breakdown after Blanco ruled that her estranged husband could continue to share the house with her, after all of his sexual harassment of her that the woman showed the court. Blanco’s decisions seem to have no rhyme or reason based on law or public safety, and showed no sensitivity to this woman who proved sexual harassment by her openly hostile, estranged husband.

By the way, here is something the Van Nuys courthouse does Not tell you, even though they have a legal obligation to inform you: When you “sign in”, you are actually signing away your rights to be heard by a real judge. Do Not Do This! You have the right to have your case heard by an actual judge, not by an unexperienced and apparently unstable person like Alicia Blanco.

Don’t sign in, and tell them you want your case heard by a judge, not a commissioner. I wish someone had told me this at the time.

If Alicia Blanco actually does become a real judge, god help the people who appear before her.

Based on other horror stories I have read, I feel guilty about not sharing my extremely unpleasant experience with Alicia Blanco long before now.

• Be
    Beatriz Turner Nov 03, 2017

I have domestic abuse from my ex husband and the commissioner Alicia Yoko Blanco denied the restraining order.
    I provided 3 witnesses and evidence and she didn't care about my safety and how I feel.
    She is not a good Judge she is not doing a good job and she doesn't care if a kid has been abused or about the women rights that were abused.
    Alicia Y. Blanco is not fair by applying justice.
    The Family Court needs a better Judge than Alicia Yoko Blanco.