Comcast/Xfinity Mobilephone return scam

D

I returned a brand new unused iPhone to Xfinity. First I brought it to an Xfinity store, where an agent inspected the phone, agreed that it was in brand new condition, but informed me that I needed to mail the phone in. She printed me a mailing label. 10 days later I was informed that there was a scratch on the back of the phone and that I would not be receiving a full refund. The phone I sent was NOT scratched, as the photo shows and an agent agreed to. An internet search revealed that this has been an issue for many consumers with Xfinity and new phone returns. I feel frustrated and at a loss- how can a consumer prove the condition of a phone when an employee can't inspect and accept the phone- it has to be mailed away. My word against Xfinity.

phone return scam
phone return scam

Joseph Bakanauskas Apr 28, 2018

Same problem. Filed a complaint with our state Consumer Fraud division of the AG's office. Got full refund. Also can dispute unauthorized chargee through credit card issuer .