CNN Mobile PromoFalse notification of win in CNN Mobile Promo

I have received a text indicating I was a CNN Mobile Promo winner of 950, 000 GBP with Ref#13AU. To claim send Name, address, Mobile No. and email to [protected]@zhot.net. This text came from a South African number: +[protected]
I am not that lucky and therefore assume this is a scam?
Yours sincerely
Michael Tolhurst

• Su
    Suresh sahu Feb 04, 2013

I recieved a massage on my mobile that my Mobile No. won CNN Mobile on line promo . to claim 500000 GBP prize they wanted me to give my personel information & I did so. on dt 16.01.2013 I recieved one massage on my e-mail from "British High Commission London " <[email protected] & demanding my Personal information including my Bank Account No. with details & also demanding to pay 75 GBP for money transfer fees. they gave me a Contact " Dr. Austin Benjamin " British High Commission Office, King Charles Street, London, SW1A2AH. Please suggest me is it True or Fake

• Zo
    zorro313 Jul 31, 2012

did anyone tried it out and got the money????

• Jj
    jjay1 Feb 02, 2012

i got the same message in my mail today and am even in Nigeria, i wonder why people do this really we should come together to contribute in our own little way to stopping such despicable scam activities were ever it is that its coming from.

• Na
    NAFISA MOMIN Sep 20, 2011

MY MOBILE NO91+ [protected]

• Pe
    petmon Jul 25, 2011

i have received message saying that my mob no won 750.000 poundon uk cnn promo award who is the culprit send it found them and banned that fraud business done by bioody uk mader sood

jobanghuman Jun 30, 2011

I just recived a text saying i won 750, 000 pounds and they want me to email my details to [email protected], i am from Punjab (India), my number [protected]

• Hh
    hhh555555555 Jun 14, 2011

i have recieve a message on 14th june 2011 saying congrats your mobile no. has won you gbp700000 in the the cnn world news 2011 global promo. for claims contact [email protected] sender [protected] kindly point out the mean of this message and clear the eaay way to get the prize
    thanks

• Mi
    Michaelas May 24, 2011

i received a message last night from number +[protected] stating i had won 450, 000.00 pounds and to send details to [email protected], obvioulsy i havent but how do these people get away with it ????

• Sq
    squizzoo May 23, 2011

l just recieved the same text saying l won 450, 000 pounds and they want me to email my details to [email protected], . l am from Melbourne Australia
    +[protected]

• Ji
    jim koutlakis Apr 27, 2011

Hi michael, received an email 2 days ago stating i was a winner in this cnnpromo2011 and that i won 450, 000 pounds because my mobile number was drawn and i won this prize. to claim i had to reply and send my details etc with identification. i did this and they replied that i have definitely one and i could chose to come to london or send only 385 pounds via western union to a British Airways World Cargo accounts officer by the name of Mrs Victoria James and i rang the office number given +[protected] and spoke to a man calling himself Mr Andrew Walters and he congratulated me. i cant believe to what extent these scammers will go to. i must admit i am so tempted to send the 385 pounds to find out...can these people caught and prosecuted for emotional disruption..hehe

• Ba
    barkion Apr 25, 2011

Hey Michael,
    I got the same message as Roxstar and haved followed suit on the ac.ma after cheking out their website. Its the only way you should respond to this (sorry, don't know where to send spam complaints if you're in kiwiland!). I note that I checked the website becuase I hope not everyone trusts blindly the comments on here since it takes only a bit of checking to confirm; Whether involved in the orignal scam or not, THAT USER "InvestigationBoard " SHOULD FRIGG OFF! Go prey elsewhere .Seeing that they post replies to pretty much everyother scam enquiry on here saying "It is true..."(Then asking for deatils with yet again another free email address that's not even uk (.co etc!!)). Could everyone one else using this post at least click on the red triangle to dislike thier comment- if not report them(after checking what I've said is true).
    If you feel like spending the sms the acma to report the spam then here's hoping something will come of it.

Nyhm Apr 25, 2011

If your in Australia and would like to submit a spam complaint/report, It has instructions how to.

Nyhm Apr 25, 2011

I sent both txt's to the AMCA for spam investigation.

Nyhm Apr 25, 2011

I just got ANOTHER text from them, same number, different message.

First one was You are CNN Mobile Promo winner of 950, 000GBP with Ref#13AU. ([email protected])
    Second one was CNN MOBILE PROMO has grant you 950, 000 GBP with Ref#13AU ([email protected])

I'm getting worried...

johny b goode Apr 25, 2011

whooa seems the kiwilanders are being targetted...i received mine today then sent the ###s all my details, no bank details of course but how to contact me, call me, work address, training grounds, gymn and then meet my friends ...the meanest rugby league team in the south...

• Ka
    kaiza Apr 24, 2011

+[protected] You have Won 450, 000.00 Pounds in the 2011 CNN Award Promo. For claims, send(Name, Mobile No, E-mail) to E-mail [email protected]

I received this today I'm from Adelaide Australia

jordie1 Apr 24, 2011

Received this message just then too, 5:02pm and i'm in NZ too. [protected] offering me 950, 000GBP. Got a bit of a shock at first haha..

• Da
    Dave n Max Apr 24, 2011

great forum

• Da
    Dave n Max Apr 24, 2011

I just received this message. Again in NZ. So no Easter bonus then? +[protected] said I won 950, 000 GBP. That would have been very handy indeed!

• Ro
    Roxstar Apr 24, 2011

I'm in Canberra Australia received similar message from +[protected] at 6.28am 24Apr11 EST it says: "You have Won 450, 000.00 Pounds in the 2011 CNN Award Promo. For claims, send(Name, Mobile No, E-mail) to E-mail [email protected]".
    I have forwarded the sms, time received & sending mobile no. to the Australian Communications and Media Authority spam complaints number [protected].

• Vi
    viole Apr 23, 2011

My husband recieved the same msg this morning at 08.15 am today saying he won 385, 00000 pounds. For claims, send (Name, mobile No., Email. [email protected] +[protected]. We live in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia.

Nyhm Apr 23, 2011

+[protected]

Nyhm Apr 23, 2011

Just got this, 7:15pm in Perth Australia. Keeping it for police investigation.

• De
    Dean Peake Apr 23, 2011

I received a txt from +[protected] saying i was the CNN Mobile Promo winner of 550, 000GBP with Ref#13AU saying to send Name, Address, Mobile# &Email to [email protected] Why do these ### ###s pray on the naive? I am poor and not 100% computer savvy and to get msgs like this is too good to be true but you still hope that there might be a glimmer of truth. Curse these mongrel ### to hell. I am from Adelaide, South Australia and received this scam Wednesday the 20th April at 2:30pm. Dean.

• To
    Too good to be true_12345 Apr 23, 2011

I got the same message, but for 450, 000 GBP, and to [email protected]
    But the EXACT same phone number as above.

• Sn
    Snake1 Apr 22, 2011

ME TOO! I got the exact same msg on my cellphone at 8.23am. Im from NZ too!!

• Ka
    KatiePatatie Apr 22, 2011

I got the exact same message this morning but I'am from New Zealand.

• Ab