China BuffetHorrendous Customer Service

It is a pay-at the-door before you eat place, the food is decent (not spectacular, but fair. VERY small buffet, not much to choose from) we ate there a few times per month. Here is why we will NEVER go back:
I took my family of 4 there on 5/26/2011 for dinner buffet. It was almost $9 per person. We paid for 3 buffets, and our 2 year old's was free. The manager took our payment at the door. It was quiet, not a lot of people eating. We had got our first plates of food (less than 10min since arrival. They forgot our kids' drinks so we waited), when our toddler had a potty accident (these are rare for him) and was soaked in urine. For sanitary reasons and b/c I wouldn't make my son sit in his own pee, we felt we should leave. We asked the manager if we could put the remains of the 1 and only plate we had taken from the buffet into boxes to take home. She said, "$9.00 PER BOX". She understood our kid had pee all over him, knew we JUST got there, knew we hadn't eaten and just plain didn't care. We had already paid a total of $27 for one plate each (or rather, 2 bites each). I know they don't want people eating from the buffet then taking a box home, but we HADN'T been able to eat what we PAID for! Given the circumstance, who on earth would pay more to take home one box? It would have totaled $63 for a family of 4 to eat one plate each of VERY MEDIOCRE buffet food. Yeah, right! They also refused to refund ANY of our money. That is TERRIBLE treatment of paying customers. We weren't trying to cheat them out of food, and they knew that! We just wanted what we paid for (actually less! Most people eat more than one plate at a buffet). DON'T GO THERE!

More China Buffet Complaints & Reviews

• Dr
    dressBLUES72 May 28, 2011

Hey lady- I'm with you. Been to plenty of places myself that have language barriers. It's all fine until you have a problem. It wouldn't be racist if I expected the people at a doctor's office or DMV to speak english. I agree, restaurants should be the same way. Especially places that are taking your money. I don't think people in China expect to walk into a McDonald's there and have people speaking only english just cuz it's a McDonald's. Maybe this time you're upset but they didn't do anything WRONG. But people on here are saying some stupid stuff to you. No wonder you cussed them out. I'd do it, too. One in particular does sound like an idiot.I wouldn't go back to the buffet though ;)
    PS. Grow up and leave her kid alone. You should be ashamed.

LDHubbard May 27, 2011

I'm defensive? Did you not read supadcy's comments? That's why I'm angry. That isn't s=disagreeing, that's being down right ignorant. I wasn't tearing the restaurant apart...the food wasn't fresh, the buffet was bare despite being 5pm, it was almost an empty restaurant, or booth was dirty and when we asked for another one they just stared at us, we had to wait 10min for silverware and drinks, and none of the high chairs had safety clips. We ALREADY paid with our debit card. If they didn't understand us asking for a booth, how are they going to refund us if we can't get drinks, forks, or a highchair? The accident just added to it. I got angry when people just make totally ignorant comments that are rude and useless.
    And no, living in an English speaking country I should be able to to any restaurant serving any ethnic cuisine, and expect basic abilities to communicate to be present. I doubt that an American restaurant in China would thrive well with a chinese speaking population if only english was spoken there.

LDHubbard May 27, 2011

I'm just in shock here...for people that never complain they've picked an extremely appropriate website to be on. Jeez. I just have a hard time believing that if something similar happened to you, you wouldn't even be miffed about it. Policy is policy, I get it. Maybe if they fully understood English I wouldn't be here complaining, but I suppose that expecting people to speak my language in a customer service business is also unreasonable, asking for a bending of rules, probably out of line, and makes me a crazy lady too. I will look forward to the people who are going to tell me that I just made a racial remark. This is ridiculous.

LDHubbard May 27, 2011

And I guess I don't understand why you are on a site called complaintsboard if you never complain.

LDHubbard May 27, 2011

Look, I'm not asking people for their advice. I'm just telling what happened because it could've gone better. I'm not saying they don't have that right. They do. I also have the right to be unhappy. I see where you are coming from completely. That's why I kept my cool and just let it happen their way. Thank you for your opinion. I'm sorry for being me to people commenting, but if they are going to leave comments they should leave useful ones. Not just saying stupid crap.

LDHubbard May 27, 2011

For one, I'm a mother not a father. Two, I'm only angry with you. I was nice to the restaurant staff. Nice in my complaint, but you can go to hell. You're just one of those people who tries to be a [censored] just because. Your daddy must be proud of you.

LDHubbard May 27, 2011

I don't appreciate the person telling me he appreciates knowing my 2y/o pisses himself. THAT was rude. I'm sorry if it came off badly to you. I don't care about my debate at this point. And no, it's not my restaurant. I'm sure YOU complain about policies of business that AREN'T YOURS, or why else would you be on this site? That's what it's for!

LDHubbard May 27, 2011

BTW..they have their toddlers running all over the place in their restaurant. Take their kids to work. Got them screaming, crying, running around. They should know that this ### happens and the nice thing would be to be helpful. The people eating there saw what happened. They seemed to understand. I'm NOT being unreasonable here.

LDHubbard May 27, 2011

Wow, thanks idiots. It it were my business, and regular customers ate there like my family does, I would've been a little bit more understanding. Sorry I didn't bring a change of clothes. Sorry my toddler pissed himself. That's never ###ing happened before...yeah, whatever. It's not bending the damn rules. We paid for that food. Hope next time something unfortunate happens to you, you get screwed. If you don't wanna know how busy the place is (IDK, maybe the lack of people is an INDICATOR of the QUALITY), then don't read RESTAURANT reviews you ###.