Central Coast Nutraceuticals, incFraudulent charges on my debit card

K

A charge was billed to my debit card of $38.95 from a company unknown to myself. No one has access to my actual debit card, and no one has access to my computer. I got the company info online and saw all the other complaints about fraudulent charges. I have tried to contact the 888 tele#, but it only goes to voicemail. No help.

I am filing a complaint against this company for charges unsolicited by myself.

More Central Coast Nutraceuticals, inc Complaints & Reviews

• Do
    DollensTracy Dec 09, 2009

I ordered the Acaipure and Colopure free trial, just pay for shipping. My account was charged twice from the UK for shipping. Then 5 days latter my account was charged 59.95 twice from the UK. I sent the products back and was told that my refund would be issued that was three weeks ago and NO REFUND. I called them back and they told me that my bank probably refuse the refund to my account and they would send it out again and GUESS WHAT NO REFUND YET.
    SO PLEASE DON'T ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY UNLESS YOU HAVE MONEY TO GIVE AWAY BECAUSE YOU WON'T GET IT BACK NO TIME SOON.

deborah Jun 09, 2009

I to ordered this supposedly free trial and was ripped off two payments of 38.95 How can you get by with doing honest people this way ? Remember God dont like ugly. DEB

• Co
    concerned customer Jun 05, 2009

I did order a trial Acaipure and canceled it right away. From the date I order, the company Fit-fac-com charged me $29.99. I had never ordered it, so I filed a fraud statement at my bank against the company and canceled the credit card. Few months later, I was threatened to pay $39.99 saying that I did not cancel the product properly (I had to send the bottle back to the company). This is ridiculous. It is obviously a scam!

• Pa
    PAT KYNARD Jun 02, 2009

TODAY I RECIEVED A CALL FROM A MIKE McKENZY'S OFFICE TELLING ME THAT I OWE THEM MONEY FOR THE ACAI PRODUCT. I ORDERED THIS ACAI BACK IN NOV. OF O8 AND EMAILED A CANCELATATION OF THE PRODUCT WHEN THEY TOOK $44.85 OUT OF MY ACCOUNT. THAT WAS 6 MONTHS AGO AND I GET A CALL TELLING ME THIS WILL BE SENT TO A COLLECTION AGENCY. HE SAYS THAT I OWE THEM FOR JAN. WHO DO THEY THINK THEY ARE . WHY ARE THEY BOTHERING ME WITH THIS NOW? WATCHOUT IT MAY BE YOU NEXT.

• Mi
    MINA SPENCER May 11, 2009

THIS IS A SCAM, BIG TIME. LIKE ALL THE OTHERS, I WAS CHARGED
    SHIPPING AND IN TWO WEEKS THEY WILL TAKE 39.98. I WILL NOT PAY THIS, NOR DO I WANT TO BE HOUNDED BY THEM.
    I E-MAILED MY BANK SO THEY WILL REFUSE THE DEDUCTION
    ON MY ACCOUNT. AS I SUFFER FROM SEIZURES, MY DOCTOR
    SAID UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES AM I TO TAKE THIS.
    PLEASE INFORM THE PUBLIC.

SINCERELY,

MINA SPENCER
    [email protected]
    CALIFORNIA

• Di
    Dixie Vacca Apr 11, 2009

I am TRYING to get get someone about returning this false product, but with no avail. I am well under the 14 day guarantee before charges will apply. They referred me to some 'bogus' web site. All I ordered was the Acai Pure 14 day risk free trial offer and I received 2 other things I did not request: Green Tea capsules and the Hoodia drops.
    This needs to be stops.

• Vi
    Victimized Consumer Feb 13, 2009

From what I have been able to discover, no one has actively received a refund for the erroneous orders. This company is in business to perpetuate comsumer fraud without and liabilty to the validity of thier business or the product that they offer.

• Vi
    Victimized Consumer Feb 13, 2009

I ordered the free trial for the price of shipping and handling only. I was then fraudulently charged for a 1 time only membership fee and two items that I did not order.

Also, when the order confirmation and order receipt was delivered to my email, there was not an order number or a price included, therefore not considered a receipt by my bank, Wells Fargo.

I continued to dispute the charge with my bank and then had to cancel my credit card to avoid the revolving charge.

My bank called the customer service number and was never able to reach a live person. I called repeatedly and each time the wait was over 2 hours. I was never able to contact anyone NOR did anyone EVER respond to my written or verbal requests for a refund either by phone, mail or email.

This company is getting away with "being in the business to perpetuate consumer fraud" with no consequences while innocent tax paying Americans are losing thier jobs and homes.

Where is the Class Action Suite against Central Coast Nutraceuticals. Inc. and where do I sign my support and lodge my complaint?

• Ha
    hate fraud and scammers Feb 09, 2009

2 hours 54 minutes ago by MissFixItAll 0 Votes
    I'm ashamed to say, I actually work for this company. I don't push magazine sales, but I do sell rebate vouchers. We have to read word for word from a script. I actually thought something was a bit fishy at this place when, in the first line of my script I say that I'm calling from an order verification department & that I'm call on behalf of "Aton Solutions" - but the business I work for & the name that's on the top corner of my paycheck is Reader's Choice. I also mention that "we're" the makers of Acai Berry, Colon xR, Total Cleanse and White Tea with Acai. However, these calls are monitor recorded so you can try using that to your advantage. I actually just called the 800 # given to customers in order to cancel and it was a recording saying that the number I was trying to reach is no longer in service and was given another number to call: [protected], curious, I dialed the number & it was a recording of some super enthusiastic lady saying that I just called the Reward Center and if I pressed 2 on my telephone keypad then I would be redirected to a customer service representative. I was on hold for 6 minutes too long.. I got impatient and hung up. I will try my best to help you with what I can. ... If you still can't get through to anyone, I suggest you write and xerox a copy of a formal letter of cancellation and keep all your phone records of unanswered calls handy. You could also file a written complaint form at /link removed/ they are building a case against this fraudulent business as I write.

The address & direct phone line for Reader's Choice is:
    720 Aerovista Place Ste. D
    San Luis Obispo, CA 93401
    [protected]
    www.sflnutrition.com

I copied and paste this. Just to let you all know, this person had dealt with a bogus Company. It is not a Company. You are dealing with a group of Scam Artist just drying up your credit card for all you got. Get rid of the Credit Card. They will take money from it without your authorization.

I'm sure Oprah will do an Investigation. I've heard alot of people emailing her to make her aware of it. It's just a group of Scam Artist that use a bogus product, and a bogus address to get your hard earned money.

We should do Our part and get a hold of BBB, Consumer Affairs, and the General Attorneys Office from where ever you got the bogus product.

You might want to keep some of it for evidence. They are going to tell you, "YOU SHOULD HAVE READ THE FINE LINES."
    The bogus product doesn't even pass the FDA.

Be careful People!

• To
    Toni in Columbia Feb 09, 2009

I wish I could put 1000% as a complaint number!! Rude, over -talking representatives even the so-called supervisor "TODD" who actually talked to me as if I was incapable of comprehending was he was saying which was THAT HE COULD NOT DO ANYTHING NOR HAD ANY ACCESS TO ANY OTHER NUMBERS OR PEOPLE I COULD SPEAK OF THIS ISSUE!! I have been charged $39.95 for the item not being returned?? Yet I had returned w/tracking # 1st class Postal delivery and proof it was mailed off the 16th-4 days after receiving the item. They state it never got to their warehouse--one of the best things to do next to cancelling all is to contact your bank for debit cards / credit card company to dispute the charge. Thanks to Discover who had already had several issues with this group of frauds!! I do not know if the products work but their handling of orders/charges/returns is fraudulent and then they are rude and leave you hanging with charges. I actually got disconnected after a long hold time and had to start the process over!! I could not even get a number to Largo Fl where their returns go---the number given beside the Largo Fl address gets you right back to TODD.
    My situation was Acaipure order for $3.95 which when you decide to back out it then offers $1.95 ONLY charge. Then it is for a FREE 14-day trial. I had other health issues and knew I needed to cancel and just deal with a real doctor. I received the item on the 12th, cancelled ALL the 13th(there are several things they involve you with, I received an RMA# AFTER I waiting the 72 hrs for their response which never came-I called them again and the lady whips out a number like it was there in front of her all along, and then I returned all but 6 capsules --my package seems to have been misplaced and in limbo somewhere so I am getting charged!! I am letting my credt card company handle it now. I have temporary credit for this thus far--it may take 30 days to resolve. STAY AWAY FROM THIS GROUP!! Please do contact Oprah--she should be able to close them down.

Debbi Lawson Feb 04, 2009

This company STINKS.Why can't anything be done!! I too did everything to get my $ back, but never heard from them except when they took $ from my account.I'm just hoping KARMA bites them in the ###!! Anyway I learned a lesson, never give out your bank imfo to anyone ... Thanks for listening, Debbi in UT

• Le
    Les Risley Jan 22, 2009

I have been trying to get 2 charges off my credit card. I have spent time on the phone also. The latest was a12 min wait which was actually a 22min wait. I tried to explain I had cancelled on 12/21/08; did not want any further. No further stuff was sent but charges were on there. Girl was very rude, said to listen to her orshe would hang up on me. She did!
    Both capsules look to be the same anyway, , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
    I just want charges removed from credit card~

• Cs
    csinc Jan 21, 2009

I had the same exact problem and I highly recommend that you file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission. I was eventually able to get one of the companies "customer service reps" on the phone. After explaining the situation and that I by no means intended on paying for the restocking fee or the shipping, the young man said that I would go a lot further in life if I had a more positive attitude and that he would wave the restocking fee for me because I seemed "confused." I was not confused, I was furious with this man for commenting on my attitude. Please do your best to spread the word about the Central Coast Nutraceuticals Inc. comany.

• Ne
    Neen Jan 16, 2009

First make sure you notify bank and make darn sure they can't accrue any more charges. One added problem i found out as of last night from a daughter who as it turns out, made the same mistake... she ordered some other trial along with the acai pure, and discovered she was also being charged for a "on line nutritionist/consultant" that she had no idea of. $20 plus a pop. She went ahead and sent hers back without the RMA#, but i think she still has major problems ahead. I, like you, was getting nowhere with emails. Just getting how about $10. off each additional bottle, or how about $15. instant credit to save yourself a trip to the post office. You can eventually get a person on the [protected] number, but it may be a LONG wait, you won't be able to speak to a supervisor, (never one on the floor) and they are ready for you no matter what you say. Everyone taken by them need to report to the Better Business Bureau!

• Ne
    Neen Jan 16, 2009

The other $39.95 charge you got was for the original "trial" bottle you apparently did not return within their 14 day return policy. That's right, your "trial" not only costs you whatever you paid for it originally, but if you do not return it, they turn around and charge you $39.95 a few weeks later because you kept it! Then they turn around and send you more, even if you cancel. I just recently found this out. Just be glad you didn't accept any other products (hopefully)at the same time, or you will be charged for other things such as a "on line nutritionist/consultant" that you didn't even know you had.
    WATCH YOUR BANK STATEMENTS!
    Good Luck!!!

• Aj
    Ajeenah Sharif Jan 15, 2009

I ordered the free trial, pay shipping $5.95 postage for Colopure, free trial for Acaipure $4.95 shipping. Central Coast Nutraceuticals, inc. immediately charged my card $44.85 and $45.90 for Colopure and Acaipure . and added extra products i didn't order. i tried countless times to contact their customer service dept. but was always told i had at least an hour wait before i could talk to an agent. i got tired of trying to call customer service and sent both products back unopened and within 15 days. i also insured the products and secured a receipt for delivery confirmation, to wit they claimed they never received. They claimed i ordered the products and refused to return my money. i never heard of the customer paying to restock their shelves.! There must be some tv or news-service that would investigate our claims. maybe we need to file a lawsuit with all the customers who were ripped off by this company to warn others and get our money back ( a class-action suit). IF ANYONE KNOWS HOW TO GET THIS CLASS-ACTION SUIT STARTED, PLEASE LET ME KNOW SO I CAN ADD MY NAME TO THE LIST. Ajeenah Sharif

• Ee
    eed Dec 31, 2008

This company is a total scam. I ordered a $4.95 product and keep getting hit with $44.85 charges. I canceled my card and I have had to close my account. Not only do they keep charging but you will never receive any products. DO NOT ORDER from this company or website.
    I made numerous calls to the company but you will never reach a person.

• Tr
    trish Dec 29, 2008

I ordered a trial offer of acai pure and colotox and they charged my account for additional products that I did not request. I have sent them back and still have not received a refund. They tell you that it is a free trial offer and then they stick you with an additional charge of 39.95 for the remaining charges for the free offer. I have called them several times and you have to wait forever on hold to only get basically I told you so. It is supposedly under there term and agreements that I never saw, just like the box I never saw to uncheck to not ship the hoodiwater and gum. Ladies this website is a scam and you should watch out for this they will bleed you accounts dry. Buyer beware.

• Ka
    Kay Knallay Dec 28, 2008

I did a survey in the internet and ordered a FREE trial of Acai Pure. I was also sent 2 other products that I did not order. I was charged $44.85 for this shipment in November. In December, I was charged $39.95 but RECEIVED NOTHING!! I want anymore charges or shipments I might get to be CANCELLED!!! My order number is 1536396.

• Ph
    photodiva Dec 28, 2008

AcaiPure and ColoPure are products offered by Central Coast Nutraceuticals, Inc. They are scam artists and are taking advantage of many people. They picked the wrong person when they messed with me!!! I ordered the so-called risk-free trials of both products. The terms and conditions stated that if you returned the product BEFORE the 14-day free trial was up, you were under no further obligation. I printed out the terms and conditions, returned both products with their unused portions BEFORE the 14-day trial ended with the terms and conditions enclosed, with CANCEL written across the top of both. I alos emailed them at support @centralcoastnutra.net to make sure they were aware that I had returned the product and no longer wanted to participate in their program. They STILL charged my account for both products the next month. I disputed the charges with my bank and showed them the cancellation confirmation email that I had received over 2 weeks before they charged me for the product. My bank told me to change my bank card because they may try to charge me again next month. This is a very unethical company and they should be investigated for fraud!!!

• Be
    beth tarus Dec 23, 2008

billed credit card without receiving product one time and then cannot cancel due to phone time on hold for at least a half hour or more. the web site bogus!

• Te
    Terri Dec 19, 2008

I have just three word, Better Business Bureau.I went on line to oder a free trial of Acai Powder and agreed to pay shipping. I was also sent and charged for Hoodiburst Gum @ $9.95 and Hoodiawater @ $29.95 neither of witch I had ever seen or heard about. I have tried to call there phone number [protected] with an 85 minute waiting time and I have tried to get on there web site. I sent them a letter along with retuning there products by mail with a confirmation #. I sent a copy of this to the Better Business Bureau. Good Luck

• Pa
    Patricia Wilson Dec 18, 2008

I am in the same situation as all the others, unfortuntly. I ordered this for my daughter and they charged me $44.85 instead of just the $4.95 for shipping...I cannot reach anyone on the phone and now a month later they charged me $39.95 ( which I was not expecting.) I have cancer and on disability income and did not need this kind of money being taken away from me. $4.95 is one thing but all this extra is another...I can NOT afford this and have had to cancel my debit card. I have been so upset about this and hope that my bank will do something to reimburse me some of the charges if not all. I hope this company gets stopped soon.

• Ke
    Kelly Dec 17, 2008

File a compliant with the BBB at BBB.org. There handling my complaint.

• Ca

P: [protected] | F: [protected]
    arizonabbb.org

RE: CATHERINE HETU

Dear Better Business Bureau,

Our customer placed an order for a TRIAL OFFER. The terms and conditions of the offer are on the order page, which clearly explains that by placing any order, they are agreeing to the terms and conditions, which states: order is 14-day risk free trial plus shipping and handling. Trial begins when order is placed. If customer likes the product and keeps it, customer will be charged $39.95 after trial, which is the remaining balance for trial bottle. If the product is not right for them, they simply return the unused portion and will be credited minus a restocking fee. Each product has a 30 day return policy.

Order page also displays two upsell items that are optional, for 29.95 and 9.95. Customer must deselect these items if they do not want to receive them.

In order for us to issue a FULL refund for the charges the customer had incurred they must return the products to our return facility, along with a delivery confirmation number which is obtained from their preferred shipping provider. The return information is as follows:

THE FULFILLMENT CENTRE

ATTN: CCN RETURNS

12399 BELCHER RD S

SUITE 140

LARGO, FL

RMA#: LC122380

Please be sure to include your name, order number (1968378 ) and a copy of your original sales receipt. The customer will receive a full refund less shipping costs once we receive a confirmation that the package has been returned. The customer will not have to pay for the 15% restocking fees, however, we are unable to refund or reimburse any shipping costs. We try our best to ensure that we provide outstanding customer care. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We also thank you for your initial interest in our product. Please email [email protected] for any future inquiries. We have provided the following as attachments:

Sincerely,

Lisa Clayton

Compliant Specialist

CCN, Inc

• Bo
    Bobbi Burns Dec 15, 2008

I, too, ordered a "free" trial offer of Acai Pure and a "free" trial offer of Colotox for $1 plus S&H ($4.95) each, and last week I received (in two separate mailings) the bottles of Acai Pure and Colotox along with 2 packs of Hoodiburst Gum and 2 bottles of Hoodiawater, none of which I ordered! I am returning ALL the items this week and am in the process of e-mailing the company. Why should I pay S&H to return the items when I'll pay the post office? I've already paid S&H to receive the items--and I'll also pay a 15% restocking fee for them to put 4 items back on their shelves!!

My items came from a company in Largo, Florida--please keep me up to date on any further action anyone knows to get this company off the website! BB

• Ca
    Cathy Dec 15, 2008

I ordered a FREE trial size online. I gave my credit card for the S&H charges of $4.95 + 1.00. The product does not work in fact I got bad stomache cramps and dirreaha when I took it. October 15, 2008, they charged my bank account $39.95, but did not send any more product. I called the number to complain and it is a computer answered phone so I left all the information to CANCEL... On 10/30/2008 they charged my account again, this time for $44.90. November 5, 2008 called they number and tried to talk to a real person, no luck. November 12, 2008 called back and gave all the information to CANCEL again and sent the product back. December 1, 2008 they again charged my bank account $44.90 but did not send any product. So to date they have charged me $129.75 for product that was cancelled TWICE and that makes me sick.
    I have now gotten my bank involved and they are reversing the charges because what this company is doing is FRAUD.

Dede Dec 14, 2008

Would someone please email me back or call me? I just need to return the cramp that you guys sent me. It was a big mistake on ordering it. Also holding for an hour and something minutes is mind boggling. I am going to e-mail Harpo about this incidence. I don't think Oprah is going to like that. I expect some one to get back to me ASAP!!!

Dede Dec 14, 2008

I ordered Acai Pure Trial for free + shipping of $4.95 and charged my credit card $44.85. I also ordered Colopure $1 Trial Offer and was billed $45.85, and got all these products that I did not order. They keep billing my credit card every month but I have'nt reveived my second order. I received Hoodiburst Gum and Hoodiawater also, which I didn't order. My credit card is being charged more than I expected. I can't get anyone on the phone with out being on hold for one hour. I also left a message for them to cancel further shipments. I still didn't get any luck on someone getting back to me about my cancelation. Please help I don't know what else I can do!!! This there number and address [protected] Fulfillment Center 12399 Belcher Foad S Ste 140, Largo, Fl 33773

JaniceHancock Dec 14, 2008

I've-been-trying to getintouch with you for weeks. I do not want this stuff. So get it off my credit card . Your phonenumber doesn't even work to cancel the order. So you need to call me as soon as you can.

• Gl
    glenda mick Dec 13, 2008

I ORDERED A FREE SAMPLE OF A PRODUCT CALLED ACAI PURE FOR WHICH I WAS TO PAY SHIPPING OF $4.95. WHEN IT ARRIVED IT ALSO INCLUDED HOODIBURST GUM AND HOODIAWATER, NEITHER OF WHICH I ORDERED AND MY CARD WAS CHARGED A TOTAL OF $44.85. SINCE THEN I HAVE RECEIVED NOTHING YET MY CARD WAS CHARGED $39.95 ON 11/19 AND $44.90 ON 12/5. WHAT CAN I DO ABOUT THIS?

• Lo
    lori carson Dec 09, 2008

All I ordered was the free trial of colotox and the free trial of acai pure. All I was supposed to pay was the shipping of $1.95 each. Instead I was charged for hoodiburst gum and hoodia water Twice. I was charged $84.70 on my credit card. I called the company and was put on hold for 90 minutes. I tried to tell them that I didn't order these other products but he said I did. I want to send back the products that they say I ordered but I need a RMA number which I can't get because the wait for the last 2 weeks has been 93 minutes. I don't know what to do.

Charlotte Henry Dec 08, 2008

Yes, a class action suit needs to filed against Central coast nutraceuticals Inc. They have a bogus website, I just tried to email them three times email was returned host unknown. This company is stealing people's money without their consent from debit and credit cards. I am a Graduate student and unemployed, the econmoy is too bad for people to just steal money from consumers.

Sincerely,

Charlotte Henry
    [email protected]

• Ke
    kevin Schmelzla Dec 08, 2008

Ordered trials on for shipping cost. They sent the two separate trials with other items not ordered and billed me for them. I returned them on 10-21-08 and have not received my money back. Then they sent me another two orders and billed those item. Emailed them the week of 12-01-08 asking for return # to return the items and have not received and number within the 48 hr time limit. The return amount they owe me is $ 150. 70.

• Al
    Alix Faulkner Dec 08, 2008

Ordered free trial offer for 4.95 and received products I did not order amounting to 54.85 charged to my credit card. Have not been able to reach the company always busy by phone.

Thanks

Mary Anthony Dec 06, 2008

I ordered a sample of Green Tea Extreme at $5.99. However, the next month the company took it upon themselves to take $44.90 out of my account without my ordering or permission do so. I did not order any such thing. I live on a fixed income and know what I can afford. I would never have ordered tea for that price. This casused me to have an overdraft of $75.00. I am very unhappy. I want every bit of my money back.

• Ju
    julie Dec 05, 2008

I "ACAI PURE" tried it on 10/29/08. The invoice enclosed: Hoodia Gum $9.95 Hoodiawater $29.95 and ACAI PURE free trial. First of all I did not order ANY of the other 2 products. I want my future shipments cancelled immeadiately. It says at any time I can choose this option. I will put a stop on my credit card and if further payments are attempted, legal action will be sought.
    thanks.

• Di
    dianna parish Dec 04, 2008

I too ordered the trial sample of acai pure and colotox cleanse. I too was billed $44.85 for the acai and $45.85 for the colotox. i have been calling this company since the first day I ordered on Nov 10th and have yet to talk to anyone. I just received the acai product today with some gum and water stuff. Just like everyone else, when you sign up for this you are not asked to read the terms and agreement. This is a total scam. I have emailed the company atleast 10 times since and call them 2 to 4 times a day. I sent a letter to the Corporate office yesterday. I called my bank but they just tell me that I have to cancel my debit card and move on, which I will do because I don't want them charging anything else. we need to all pull together and close this scam artist down!

sally caron Dec 04, 2008

I was also charged for product i did not order. I only ordered Acai Pure trail and you sent me Hoodiawater and Hoodiburst gum. charged my credit card $41.85. I did not ask for these products. I want my card credited. You should be ashamed of what you did.

• Ro
    ROBERT E. FLORENT Dec 04, 2008

ORDERED A 14 DAY TRIAL OF ACAI POWER FOR S/H OF 4.95. RECIEVED AN ORDER OF HOODIBURST GUM 9.95, HOODIAWATER 29.95 AND THE ACAI POWER TRIAL - TOTALING 44.85. THIS AMOUNT WAS TAKEN FROM MY ACCOUNT, AT THE TIME THIS AMOUNT WAS CHARGED, I THOUGHT THAT MAYBE THEY HAD CHARGED ME FOR A FULL MONTH, AND BY MISTAKE I NEVER RECIEVED MY TRIAL OFFER. BUT WHEN I RECIEVED MY ORDER, IT INCLUDED TWO ITEMS - NEVER ORDERED - LISTED ABOVE. NOW I HAVE ONLY TEN DAYS TO RETURN THEM AND WILL HAVE TO PAY A 15% RESTOCKING FEE FOR SOMETHING I NEVER ORDERED. SOMETHING IS WRONG HERE.