Carnival Sea Milescarnival sea miles

I had a carnival sea miles credit card for around 8 years. Each time I tried to used points for a cruise the card company said I had to book with them, I always got a better price else where so the points kepted adding up. Now they changed the card to "fun points" and guess what...now you can get your best price and still use your points! Well I had over 99, 000 points (78, 000 would give you $1, 200 off a cruise) We have taken many carnival cruises in addition to our 4th Med coming up in May, 2011. Now they say I can't use all the points because they drop after 5 years. It just doesn't seem fair that they had a policy that made it almost impossible to use the points yet we have been faithful to Carnival for so many years. I lost 55, 000 points! Is this how Carnival treats their past guests of many years? I'm hoping they will at least give us an upgrade in room for our trip in 2011. I have sent so many customers Carnivals way and even encouraged them to get the Sea Miles card...Boy are they happy with me!!! These are people that spend big money not only on the cruise but on the ship.! I hope carnival will make this right for us...if the points are gone at least upgrade us so we can continue to be happy spenders. I do have to give Carnival a chance to respond since I have written them direct, maybe they feel the same will do what they think is fair. Jo Falk

• My wife and I too have been duped by Carnival Cruise Lines and their Sea Miles Program. We too held their credit card for years and had 80, 000 Sea Miles to our credit. When we tried to redeem them, that's when all our plans went down the drain. There were no Sea Miles. We're sorry, but we do have this new Fun Miles program. Ya, right. What happened to all our saved miles? They evaporated. And guess what. There's no recourse. You call and complain and their overseas barely understandable customer service rep reading from a scipt tells you that you're out of luck. NO RECOURSE. That's what really ticks you off. They won't even put a supervisor on the line. Then they hang up. All this after being on hold with them for an hour. YOu call back and same story. They have no idea what you're talking about and feign ignorance to previous calls. Never, Ever Ever, cruise on Carnival Cruise lines. They are a scam company and SCAM companies need to be held accountable. I will now make it my life's ambition to badmouth them to the end. I will even fabricate horry stories, and every time I can convince someone to stay off Carnival I will remember how they screwed me.

• Di
    DISAPPOINTED TRAVELER Mar 14, 2010

My Carnival Sea Miles have been a pain in the butt! I got my card on a cruise 5 years ago. I wanted to use them for this cruise and was told I would get $150. (about) for me and my roommate...WE GOT NOTHING! When I inquired, I was told that amount was included in the amount I paid...NOT TRUE... I was told it would be deducted from the amount I had to pay. THE WHOLE THING IS A JOKE!!!
    When a purchase is made, you have to do all the contacting and make the corrections...IT IS HELL!
    These people had the nerve to send me another card because mine has expired...I CUT IT UP!

WANT TROUBLE?...get this card!

• Da
    dawn325 Jul 12, 2010

This card is terrrible ! Do not get it !! My interest rate was raised from 11 % to 30% for being one day late on my payment ONE time in 3years and they will not lower it..They tell me my account needs more time..It has been 18 months and they still wont change it..I will never use the card again !! Customer service reps are a JOKE that answer the phone..

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices