Cargo Experts CorpNon-payment

A

Do not use the services of Cargo Experts Corp. in Plantation, Florida (www.cargo-experts.net). And it's really too bad that I have to say that. I contacted Stephanie Bodner at this company in January 2016 to ship an ocean container to the Middle East for us. She was wonderful in responding promptly, helping with the documents, scheduling the container delivery and pick-up and shipping the container promptly. But then we found out she never paid the ocean company for the freight. We wired the funds to her in January. Shipment was made in February and delivered in March. She didn't even make payment to the ocean company until the end of April when we kept pressing for proof of payment so the goods could be released at the destination. The day the payment was made, the ocean company generated a “Instruction for the Release of Cargo” confirming that payment had been made. BUT we shortly found out that the check had bounced and was no good. So in order for our customer to get the goods released to him, he had to give the agents in the destination country a check to cover the freight for them to hold until payment was made to the ocean company by Cargo Experts. From the end of April through the end of July – 3 full months and 6 months since Cargo Experts had received our payment for the freight – all we have received is the run-around. Multiple promises of “I'm checking on it; I've asked my accounting department to expedited . . . and on and on and on. And still no payment. After searching on-line I found that others had similar experiences – with Stephanie, with Cargo Experts and with their previous company, Global Ocean Freight. Wish I'd searched on-line first!

samar abostate Feb 15, 2017

i had a related situation, after we made an agreement on the shipping of my crate, they asked for 25% down payment and than tno one showed up on the shipping day to take my crate. and joseph hadida sent an email saying unfortunately we can't ship your crate how we agreed we have to ship it in a separate container and it will cost much more! so i asked them to send me back my moeny and i wil try to find another company.
    one year passed now and they never sent me back the money that i wire transfered to them. and stephanie bodner kept making promises that she will send it back, excuses day after day until she stopped answering my emails and totally ignoring my calls.
    i really regret trusting them and thinking they're professional..
    i attached some screenshots of the emails between us