CareerFlickScam

While searching for jobs on Craigslist, I came across what looked like an excellent and legitimate looking job. I responded to the job ad on 8/20/11 and sent my resume and cover letter to CareerFlick, the poster of the ad. I received a canned response thanking me for applying and indicating that I would receive an interview if I were qualified. ShortIy thereafter, I received a request from CareerFlick wanting to conduct a Skype interview with me. I was led to believe that the employer was CareerFlick, since they responded and requested the interview. I was also led to believe that this was a real interview. However, I wasn't convinced they were the employer since CareerFlick.com is kind of a recruiting site (they host video resumes/interviews for employers to browse) and I didn’t want to sound ignorant during the interview, so I asked them and they said no, they're not the employer; however they didn't say who was the employer. During the interview on 8/23/11 they still didn't say who their client was. It turned out the interview was just to create a video resume/interview to post on their site. The person who interviewed me requested I pay $20 for them to create my video. He said I could do it myself free, but that it would look better to their client if it wasn't so staged and if he conducted it. I decided to pay the money (Paypal Transaction) since the job seemed worth the cost. After I paid and they recorded my interview, he tried to get me to pay an additional $20 for priority placement on their website. I declined but he said they'd submit me to their client regardless. After the interview, I looked on their website, I discovered that the site says it's free to create video resumes and it specifically says it is free even if they create the video resume for you. So I got ripped off. I sent them emails complaining about the false advertising and requesting my money back, and requesting the identity of the client to put my concerns about this being a scam to rest, but they refused to refund my money and they refuse to disclose their client. I believe they are running a scam which is fronted by a legitimate website to mask the fraud.

• Sm
    SM Careers Mar 26, 2013

A MESSAGE FROM CAREERFLICK'S CORPORATE DIRECTOR:

Everything is our previous rebuttal is still the same, except we have reduced our IT Dept.'s cost from $20 to $15 to further assist the job seekers.

CareerFlick is totally legitimate and is a worldwide Video Resume Jobsite that is totally FREE to ALL Job Seekers and ALL Employers who can post 'unlimited' jobs and view 'unlimited' video resumes free of charge. Like Facebook, YouTube, and Kijiji, CareerFlick earns its revenue from Advertisers.

Another example of our legitimacy is the fact that CareerFlick has been FEATURED 3 times on Rogers TV, and the most current appearance can be seen at the following YouTube link:

CareerFlick featured on Rogers TV - February 26, 2013.

Regards,

J.Smart
    Corporate Director
    CareerFlick
    www.CareerFlick.com
    [email protected]

CAREER FLICK
    "Bringing Resumes to Life!"

Worldwide VIDEO RESUME JOBSITE that is FREE
    for ALL EMPLOYERS and ALL JOB SEEKERS,
    ‘UNLIMITED’ Job Postings, Video Resume Views,
    And Worldwide Exposure…totally FREE!

Comments
    Comments

• Sm
    SM Careers Sep 17, 2011

CareerFlick IS a FREE program.

Our time spent with this person when we made his video was FREE.

He wanted our IT to do his work for him (another 1/2 hour), and he was told that he would have to cover their cost of $20. This is solely our cost.

If he did not want to cover their cost, then he was told to use our AUTOMATED INTERVIEWER in the 'About Us' section of our website and make his own video. This is TOTALLY FREE, but would probably take him 1-1/2 hours, and he was told that our employers prefer a 'live' interview over a 'staged' interview done with our Automated Interviewer which is a fact.

He was also told that we cannot present him to any of our employers unless he was on our website with a VIDEO, but, once he was on our website, he could remain on our website for as long as he wished at NO cost and gain maximum worldwide exposure to countless job opportunities even when he has found a job. He also knew that CareerFlick is the only worldwide Video Resume Jobsite AND the only jobsite that is FREE for Employers.

After we had done all of his work for him and posted his resume and video on our website, this person had PayPal stop payment on the $20 he had paid. PayPal reviewed the case and decided in CareerFlick's favour and returned the $20 to CareerFlick.

We only make money if a job seeker wishes to be featured on our Homepage which is what this person chose NOT to do.

This person making the complaint is still on our website and will remain on our website for as long as he wishes because it is FREE, unless, of course, he wishes to be removed which we can do upon his request. It doesn't matter to us, but it should to him because, unlike ALL other jobsites, it has videos and is FREE to ALL employers.

We know exactly who this complaining person is, but we respect his privacy enough to not reveal his name. We wish him good luck in his job search, and we will continue to assist him every chance we get for the time he remains on our website which is totally up to him.

Admin Dept.