Menu
ADVERTISIMENT
Home Online Shopping ByOwner.com ByOwner.com is a SCAM!

ByOwner.com  -  ByOwner.com is a SCAM!

V
Author of the complaint
7:02 am
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I saw a couple commercials for Buy Owner right around the time I was looking to sell my house. I went online to find it and found www.byowner.com. I didn't realize that By Owner and Buy Owner are different companies. What a mistake!

By Owner is nothing but a SCAM! They did nothing for me that I couldn't have done myself, and it was a huge let down. They provided nothing, short of a poorly done online ad that was riddled with advertisements for other products/companies. I was so unsatisfied with the process that I chose to sign up with Buyowner.com on top of what I'd already paid to byowner.com.

Apparently this happens to a lot of people, so I thought it was worth mentioning online at this site. Don't be fooled by the imitation site! They make their money off scamming innocent people who got confused.

Buy Owner on the other hand was extremely helpful, professional and, in my opinion, fully worth the investment. I got every penny I should have for my home. Thanks, Buy Owner! I'd even do one of their commercials if they wanted me to!

More ByOwner.com complaints & reviews

6 comments
J
Sep 20, 2021 3:13 pm

By owner is a ripoff -- they tell you a 30 day trial period and then ask for credit card info - and then, 3 days later charged my card - I have left 9 messages in 4 weeks and 2 e-mails, and no one has called me back. Have now disputed their $39 dollar charge twice and have, just left another cease and desist message and have never called me back -- this is a scam !

Mar 01, 2022 11:50 am

Hi Jim, You must have us confused with another company. We have a FREE 7 day no- questions asked listing option. If you keep your listing after 7 days you are charged $39 per month. You can cancel anytime. We hope you come back and try us again.

J
Apr 29, 2021 10:48 am

ByOwner.com is definitely a SCAM.. They say on their website their premium listing for $499 comes with NO AGENT COMMISSION listing.. They flat out lie... My add they placed on Trulia and other sites, do NOT have my contact information. The only way to see my home is to contact an AGENT! via the website. Poof... Now I'm out $499 AND I have to pay commission to anyone finding my home... These guys are a rip off!

Mar 01, 2022 11:48 am
Replying to comment of Jeffery C

Jeffery the average agent charges 6% to sell your home. On a $250,000 home that would be $15,000. The listing agent would get 1/2 and the agent who brings the buyer would get the other 1/2 or $7,500 each. When you list with ByOwner.com you pay a flat fee of $499 and the they ask you if you how much you would like to offer to a "Buyers" agent. The fee is up to you. If you sell it on your own all you pay is the $499. If you sell it with a "Buyers" agent, you decide the fee. Either way it is a huge savings over traditional real estate commissions.

Oct 27, 2014 2:22 pm

This person appears to be a professional complaint writer with over complaints. ByOwner.com is a reputable company, with a great alternative to paying a 6% commission. If you want your home in the MLS and exposed to tens of millions of people monthly, our products will serve you well.

K

I agree that their service is a ripoff. I am trying to BUY a house and in order to even LOOK at the listings, they make you sign up for a "FREE TRIAL" but you must give your credit card information. This process definitely reduces the number of potential hits a seller will get as people do not want to provide info in order to search for a home. What a ripoff!