ByOwner.comByOwner.com is a SCAM!

I saw a couple commercials for Buy Owner right around the time I was looking to sell my house. I went online to find it and found www.byowner.com. I didn't realize that By Owner and Buy Owner are different companies. What a mistake!

By Owner is nothing but a SCAM! They did nothing for me that I couldn't have done myself, and it was a huge let down. They provided nothing, short of a poorly done online ad that was riddled with advertisements for other products/companies. I was so unsatisfied with the process that I chose to sign up with Buyowner.com on top of what I'd already paid to byowner.com.

Apparently this happens to a lot of people, so I thought it was worth mentioning online at this site. Don't be fooled by the imitation site! They make their money off scamming innocent people who got confused.

Buy Owner on the other hand was extremely helpful, professional and, in my opinion, fully worth the investment. I got every penny I should have for my home. Thanks, Buy Owner! I'd even do one of their commercials if they wanted me to!

• By
    ByOwner.com Oct 27, 2014

This person appears to be a professional complaint writer with over complaints. ByOwner.com is a reputable company, with a great alternative to paying a 6% commission. If you want your home in the MLS and exposed to tens of millions of people monthly, our products will serve you well.

• Ka
    kansasmover Dec 28, 2009

I agree that their service is a ripoff. I am trying to BUY a house and in order to even LOOK at the listings, they make you sign up for a "FREE TRIAL" but you must give your credit card information. This process definitely reduces the number of potential hits a seller will get as people do not want to provide info in order to search for a home. What a ripoff!