Bombay Travels IncFraud Agency

S

I am also one of the victim of this Travel Agency name called Bombay Travels Inc (person name: Vijay Bakshi).. I am attaching the advertisement of the agency in a weekly newspaper called 'Hi India'.
I had booked 3 tickets (ATL to HYD round trip) thru this agent (Bombay Travels) and paid the whole amount ($3850.00)..
when we went to airport on the flying date (my wife and son is flying to India) and the emirates told me that the tickets were not issued, the credit card transaction not go through so they did NOT issued the tickets... I totally shocked...and came back tried to reach that guy whole day and made him re-booked the tickets, but he booked only one way...now I am trying to book the return tickets and my round trip tickets...but he is not booking or issuing the tickets nor refunding the amount ...
Daily I am calling and emailing but no luck he is not lifting the calls and not responding to me emails... Please help me in this issue... PLEASE SHARE WITH OTHERS SO THEY CAN AVOID BEING IN SAME SITUATION. and BEWARE of this Fraud travel agency

Fraud Agency

• Ar
    Arjun Singh Jul 06, 2008

I had a nightmare with this travel agency. I called them to book my tickets. The quoted a fare and on confirmation charged a different fare. When I called to complain, an arrogant customer service person picked the phone and said the fare charged is correct. For weeks they refused to email the e-tickets. This agency is corrupt, incompetent and run by arrogant people.

skoppu Nov 21, 2012

Comments

• Ag
    agoe Nov 23, 2012

Please be aware. This person is running full page ads in Community newspapers. Be aware. We suffered the same fate. We were booked on British Airways from Chicago to Mumbai. He cancelled the ticket inspite of being paid in full. We are seeking criminal prosecution for cheating and fraud.

• Bo
    bombaytravelincvictim Nov 26, 2012

Yes this guy is Fraud

sasi_k Nov 27, 2012

This guy vijay bakshi is fraud...he sent me itinerary...blocked the ticket...he said confirmed ticket would be sent once money is paid...soon after payment is made in his bank of america account he stopped answering calls and emails...did not reply even when i mailed him that I filed a police complaint...so please beware...dont fall into his trap...

skoppu Nov 28, 2012

sasi... did you get your money back after police complaint?

skoppu Nov 28, 2012

his ad from atlanta dunia news paaper

Comments

• Ba
    BalwinderChicago Nov 28, 2012

My 60 year Old dad is in same situation, He booked the tickets from this Fraud guy in July (from Chicago to New Delhi) and came to know in November that he does not have any reservations and My dad paid cash. All our efforts to reach him are in vain. My dad is loosing hope to get his 2500/- dollars back. Please try to help my dad to get his hard earned money back. We do have all the proof of purchase and how he gave us check and his refund check bounced!!!

skoppu Nov 28, 2012

did you filed any complaint against him... we should teach him a lesson.. I am not going to leave that fraud guy.. I made complaints at 'NYC dept of consumer affairs' and 'office of attorney gen - consumer frauds and protection bureau' ...

GUYS you all should react pls file complaints...

(http://www.nyc.gov/html/dca/downloads/pdf/complaintform.pdf)

• Tr
    Traveler Sam Nov 28, 2012

This guy cheated out of $2900 for our tickets aswell. We've filed police complaint and have reported fraud to his bank to freeze his account. We will seek criminal charges and damages once we catch him. We won't spare him. We had saved this money for our trip after working 7 days a week so we can make this trip happen and meet our family with our new born. Anyone wanting to team up in getting back to this scump bag please let me know. I'm going to go after this guy very hard and when i catch him he will be sorry that he ever ran this scam.

Hi all,

Plz file a complaint at BBB too

• Mb
    mbajwa75 Nov 29, 2012

Guys, It will be hard to find this guy, we need to join hands and get a detective to dig him up. We will drag him to court and get him deported. I have filed a case against him and also complained with BBB. contact me at [protected]@yahoo.com

skoppu Nov 29, 2012

guys file complaint here as well

skoppu Nov 29, 2012

plz file a complaint here as well

skoppu Dec 01, 2012

he do business is registered under name of BOMBAY TOURS INC

• Po
    pooja10 Dec 03, 2012

My parents has also booked tickets to go to India in November and when they called emirates to confirm, Emirates said you better cancle this ticket and get your money back as somthing is wrong with tickets and my parents cancle and he said(Vijay Baxi) that you will get money back in three weeks. They sent him multiple emails and called him but no response. They lost close to $3000. Please advice what can I do to teach him lesson.

skoppu Dec 03, 2012

we all filed complaints at
    1. NYC Department of Consumer Affairs
    2. NY attorney gen - Consumer Frauds and Protection Bureau
    3. Better Business Bureau (BBB)
    4. Federal Trade Commission (FTC)
    5. local police dept
    and I am going to file at ic3.gov too

plz file these complaints and I had sent you msg plz respond

skoppu Dec 03, 2012

with this complaint board and FB... I got response from 10 victims like use... we are now in touch base... and all of 10 us filed complaints as I mention in this post.. ..

• Th
    Thango Dec 05, 2012

He recently did same thing to my 35 family members travel to India in dec 2012. Some of them didn't received any tickets and others showing buy on stolen credit cards of others. My uncle already no some IT guy who already pulled his three IP address and all info is given to homeland security and FBI for investigation this will make sure this Muslo get deported from this country.

• Mo
    monisha0 Dec 05, 2012

I also got cheated by this guy . I paid $9000 for 6 tickets from bom-nyc-bom. we got there without any hassel but when we were coming back they said our tickets are suspended due to credit card fraud. we paid another $8000 to get back to NYC. I am also filing a complaint against him.We need to make sure we get our money back

• He
    Hello Brothers Dec 06, 2012

In our family there are about 30 people are victim of this Bombay travel Inc. Please every one has to call FBI he is running a big scam and we have doubt that Emirates and other airlines internal staff are involved too. This Guy is stealing our hard earn money and he might using it that can compromise our national security. His name is Vijay Bakshi (Baxi) . Please all victims of his scam call police and FBI and file a report. I want this Guy to get caught as soon as possible so he can't ripoff more people.

• Su
    Sue N.B. Dec 09, 2012

Adding two more victims to the list of unfortunate victims of Bombay Tours fraud. We bought tickets back in July-end for our family of five, Even called British Ariways and checked that the bookings were ticketed and paid for. We are two weeks away from our trip and I decided to call again and check and there found out the credit card used was cancelled/suspended due to fraud. $7000 stolen by Vijay Bakshi. Very suspicious that he has a scam ring inside British ariways, maybe we should get the contact info. for the CEO of British airways, that might be the only way to get the money back.My parents also lost $2300. We were lured by his "good fares", this just happened coupld of days ago. We really need to get this guy, hope no other innocent people get scammed by him.

• Nk
    nkan Dec 22, 2012

I am also sailing in the same boat along with my sister. He owes us around 12500 $ together. I was asking him for refund and calling him almost every hour so he sent me a lawyer notice demanding six weeks to pay up the money. When I called his lawyer, he too is sailing in the same boat. He told me that it is hard to get in touch with Vijay Bakshi and he no longer is representing him. Now I wonder is his name really Vijay Bakshi?

• Ub
    UBR Jan 06, 2013

We are also the victims of the so called Bombay tours, I bought 2 tickets in Nov, Dec 2012 traveling from Boston, NY, Hyderabad paying $3000, he issued tickets which were confirmed by Emirates online, while I was trying to check my domestic airlines tickets then they Jet Blue, told me there were no tickets bought only our names were there in the list, and someone tried to buy it the credit cards were denied, then when I called him he said he would buy new ones.
    But as I became suspicious I called Emirates and on questioning they told our DOB& all other information was wrong, someone bought tickets on our names from the Emirates website with stolen credit cards ( card belongs to someone in Peru).Then Emirates fraud agent took his information and called him and cancelled my tickets, when I called him back he said why did you call Emirates I could have issued a new ticket for you, I told I do not want any tickets please return my money . later we tried all others ways to get our money back, like everyone did but it was useless and waste of time, I had to pay more and travel to India as I was suppose to attend few marriages
    I even called News India Times to let them know and to stop his ad in their paper.

sachin shah Jan 08, 2013

Hi my is sachin i book my ticket for new wark to ahemdabad in feb 10 2013 retren march 11 2013 i pay by chake the amont is 6815 for 7 peopel and is cancell my all ticket
    all ticket from bensalem pa

skoppu Mar 05, 2013

We 10 of the victims tried all the complaints but so far no luck

• Pa
    ParagK May 23, 2013

I am not sure if anyone is still following this board but I stumbled upon this complaint board yesterday.
    I and 3 more of my friends were recently scammed by "Gandhi Travel Inc" by a person named "Ajay Chouhan" in exactly the same fashion.
    A little more digging and turns out both of them have the same address!!!
    Gandhi Inc was incorporated 12/2012! It has the same area code and used a Bank of America account [protected].
    Have submitted complaints against him with BBB, Local Police Department, FBI, Department of Consumer Affairs, 1&1.com where he is hosting his website www.gandhitravels.net. I am hoping that this guy can be nabbed and stopped!!

• At
    atl2530 Jun 14, 2013

I am also a victim of "GandhiTravels". I'm going to Bank of America to see if the account is still active and hope they have a copy of some sort of ID when they opened the account. I really hope both of these guys get caught.

• Re
    ready4justice Jun 17, 2013

We are also victims of Gandhi Travels scam. My wife and kids ticket was booked and now cancelled due to credit card fraud. This time Ajay Chouhan used [protected]. He also advertised in local Indian Magazine (KHABAR). It's frustating to see how BA.com has very little control on who is buying. I called day before also to BA.com and they did not mention about the fraud. Secondly, even BA.com was showing active and confirmed reservation. It least it should show the exact status of the reservation online so that we can take the fast action.

• Bo
    BOSHYD Jun 24, 2013

We just realized even we got dooped by this guy. Surprising the online booking still shows active, but BA call center says it is cancelled. I dont understand this. Does anyone has any updates on this matter? What do you think we should do?