Bluebird carddirect deposit of tax refund

E Review updated:

THE BLUEBIRD CARD IS A USELESS PIECE OF CRAP!!! this card is of NO USE!!! Most businesses don't even accept them!!! THE ONLY PLACE I CAN GET CASH BACK IS WALMART!!! AND NOW after filing my taxes, I find out you can't even load your tax refund on it, IT will REJECT IT!! SO i HAVE TO WAIT A MONTH OR MORE FOR A PAPER CHECK FROM THE IRS!!! USELESS PIECE OF CRAP!!!

• Br
    Bradley007 May 01, 2021

It is May 2021, and Bluebird is a piece of garbage. Don't ever send your tax refund, or any other direct deposit to this crap card. They declined my refund too, and tried to tell me several different stories as to why it was rejected. Lesson learned I don't trust Bluebird Amex with my money. My bluebird card is going straight to the shredder.

• Zm
    ZMSoliman Mar 05, 2018

I decided to put the routing number and account number for my Amex Bluebird card for my IRS Refund Direct Deposit. The IRS have directly deposited it on 2/26/2018 and it's now 3/5/2018 and it's still not showing on my Amex Bluebird card. I chose the Bluebird account because online it said that you can get your IRS refund 2 days faster. That is a blatant lie and a false advertisement. Had I known that Bluebird would just lie to me, I would have just used my other bank accounts. I would not recommend Amex Bluebird to anyone. The moment I get this settled with Bluebird I will be closing that account and will never use it again.

• Fu
    furrsmith Mar 19, 2013

I feel like a ###ING FRIENDLY REMINDER from Amex would have been useful, I am in the same situation, all they did was send me an email and act like it was no big deal when I called...

• Ht
    htfarrar Mar 01, 2013

I am kind of mad to I can't call the IRS until March 4th then it can takes weeks before they get a paper check to me. The card is not FDIC approved so that should be a red flag to let everyone know your money is not safe thats why they dont allow government money transactions to go through.

I rather stick with just a normal bank account I figured having no fees would be easier but losing out on getting my refund the day before my mortgage was due kind of upset me

• Kh
    KhristopherD Feb 19, 2013

I did the same thing, but I'm having serious delays on my tax return regardless. E-Mail me at [email protected] if you get your refund. I want to know how long it takes, I have heard all sorts of things.