Billings Livestock AuctionNot disclosing all Fees involved

K

I did an open consignment for one grade mare and one registered mare on the weekend of 9-25 & [protected]. Before I brought the animals in I emailed the BLS and asked about fees. I was told $30 or $40 no sale fee and commission fees if they sold. If I wanted someone to ride or lead the horses through it would be an additional $40 or $20. For over night it would be $5 per head.
Well I sold one and did not sell the other. The grade sold for $300. When I received my check it was for $134.36.
They took the following "FEES": Brand Inspection of $18 that I was never told about, I had them brand inspected at home already; insurance fee of $3.64, Commission of $30, Yard vet $4 (I never saw a vet), yardage $20 *they said they were there for 2 days when in actuality it was not even 24 hours, processing fee of $40, and a no sale of $50.
Beware of these people, they do not tell you the "FEES" before you consign your animals.

• Je
    Jericho Oct 14, 2010

I did an open consignment for one grade mare and one registered mare on the weekend of 9-25 & 9-26-2010. Before I brought the animals in I emailed the BLS and asked about fees. I was told $30 or $40 no sale fee and commission fees if they sold. If I wanted someone to ride or lead the horses through it would be an additional $40 or $20. For over night it would be $5 per head.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices