Bengal Cat β€” Unethical Cat Breeder

F Review updated:

I searched around for a very pretty spotted female bengal kitten. I thought that I had lucked out when I found one right in my own city of Indianapolis. When I contacted Dana she was so positive and friendly. Her cats were exactly what I wanted. The trouble started when I picked up the kitten in person. At Anjali, I was immediately overcome by the incredibly bad smell of cat urine. Also the kitten did not look well when i came to get her. Dana said the kitten had just received her shots and so she would be a little tired for a few days. Well I believed Dana and I took my new kitten home. I was so excited to get a beautiful bengal and I just believed Dana. The kitten slept for about twenty hours. When she woke up she vomited. She also had diarrhea and there was a very foul odor. I called Dana and she said that it was likely a reaction to the vaccines. I will tell you that was the last time I heard from Dana since she would not return my calls. My kitten had three weeks of diarrhea before the veterinarian determined that she had coccidia. My vet bills were $300 dollars and Dana stopped returning call. Do yourself a favor and buy a bengal somewhere else.

• Sl
    slynn1 Oct 29, 2012

I recently bought a Bengal kitten, and it was such a positive experience for me. I am sorry yours was so horrible. I hope your kitten is doing better!

Anjali Bengals Dec 21, 2012

I am the owner of Anjali Bengals and I would like to state that the 'complaint' posted above is a vicious lie. An unethical breeder that I refuse to sell a kitten to has decided to place false reports about my breeding program on the internet. She has a pattern of doing this sort of thing and all I can say is that it's disgraceful. This breeder knows how much we value our reputation and is being vindictive. We have a small breeding program and offer a comprehensive health guarantee on our kittens. We do not sell sick kittens, our home does not smell of urine and we would always work with the new owner if a problem ever arises. We are happy to provide references from any of the families and/or breeders that we have entrusted our kittens to. If anyone has additional questions, I can be reached at [protected]@anjalibengals.com.

Anjali Bengals Dec 21, 2012

Message from Anjali Bengals:

It has become apparent that we are the target of a slanderous campaign via complaint boards on the internet. The postings were made anonymously on [redacted].com and ComplaintsBoard.com but are completely false. These statements are considered slander and defamation of character.

After careful consideration regarding this matter, we have decided to offer a $500 reward to anyone who can provide verifiable information as to the identity of the person(s) responsible for these false postings.

Please forward information to us at [protected]@anjalibengals.com or contact our attorney, John S. Terry
    (Campbell, Kyle, Proffitt, LLP – Noblesville, IN) at [protected].

• Bu
    Bugging Jun 04, 2013

You deserve what you get, all the animals being put down daily at shelters and you go to a shady breeder. Stop following trends like the other minions.

• Id
    IdontSellSickCats Feb 27, 2015

To be more precise, coccidia come from fecal-contaminated ground, I recently just bought a cat and has same sickness., from same breeders. I have the vet report stating he has been ill for past 11 weeks. These poor breeders may state these are lies but now there is 2 significant instances where they sold sick cats. Vet report open to anyone, I recommended you buy from someone that can keep there cattery clean. Thx for the beautiful kitten and your lies.

• Da
    Dana Scott Sep 08, 2016

Unfortunately, when a fellow breeder googled her name, it was associated with this unfortunate post. In no way was Leslie Pool of Amazon Bengals implicated in the fraudulent posts against us. We are closing our breeding program this year so the person that continues to try and ruin our reputation will be wasting their time at this point. It is very sad that people have nothing to do except to try to hurt others.

Please forward information to us at [protected]@comcast.net or contact our attorney, John S. Terry (Campbell, Kyle, Proffitt, LLP – Noblesville, IN) at [protected].

christine wirtz Oct 07, 2018

To the Breeder:- I do not know you, nor do I know anyone who has purchased a Kitten from you. When pet owners research the breed, and buy these cats at high prices, it does not mean they have Millions of disposable cash. It is because they want a loving companion with the nature of the animal they are buying. Most are prepared to seek the care of a reputable Vet and care for the Cat correctly, but they do not want to spend endless days and nights thinking their new Baby is about to die! If this breeder feels unfairly criticized, then publish all the Good Testimonials from your Clients!!

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices