Beauty-Universe.com27 days and NO Products, no answers to my e-mails

J

On April 17th, 2011. I ordered 1 Home Perm and 4 packages of perm rods from Beauty-Universe.com.
I received a receipt via e-mail from Beauty Universe in Seattle, Wthat reads: A "Beauty Universe Supply Stores * Seattle, WA 98105 USA", "Order ID: 8452452SECURE ORDER INVOICE RECEIPT
Date: 17 Apr 2011 - 18:38, Payment by: Check. I also received confirmation that they received my payment: "Your payment to Beauty Universe Supply Stores has been accepted.
To: Beauty Universe Supply Stores
Amount: $28.79, Date Submitted: 4/18/2011, Reference:8452452, Transaction ID: 3031
Authorization Code: 699-127, Thank you for using CheckAlt
I have sent 10+ e-mails to "[protected]@beauty-universe.com, and [protected]@beauty-universe.com, and all I get is automated replies that a customer service rep. will answer my request in 24 to 72 hours. I cannot get ahold of a human, nor will they contact me, and today is 05/11/2011.
I have all of the original e-mails if you need them. Thank you, Jodi

• Ho
    Honest Deb Jun 26, 2011

I was also duped by these scam artists. I ordered hair products on 2/11/11 which never arrived. I emailed with their sales and distribution depts on several occasions and received one response early on stating that my 2/11/11 order was ready to be shipped on 3/21/11. After that no response to monthly emails. A recent email rendered the "[email protected]" address rejected, unknown recipient. I checked out the Get Jazzed Beauty Supply web site which is pretty slick! The customer "all positive" testimonials look contrived and they also have the NBC logo on their site and some of the customer's addresses list amazon.com as a source. I wonder if these two corporations know how they are being used? Note, there is no way to leave an honest customer review. Imagine that!

JJackson Jun 20, 2011

I went to my bank with all of the info I posted above and they said that you only have 24 HOURS to cancel/dispute a check (used for online payment), Credit cards are a different matter. So I was S.O.L. for using the check cashing business as the only source of payment. BEWARE of online businesses that only let you pay by Checking Account ONLY.

• Ca
    California US Jun 17, 2011

Fraudulent - Wait until you read this - Beauty-Universe sends you an email that if you dispute the order in process, you are subject to $50.00 to $100 fees, no exceptions. Beauty-Universe makes you fill out a status form online to track your order, where they promise to ship in 7 to 21 days (not counting weekends or holidays!) - With weekends, that could be 35 days. You never hear back from them. It pushes you very close to the date when you can no longer dispute not receiving the items, and you are risking being charged a huge $100+ fees for doing so. Here is exact wording from Beauty-Universe's policy in quotes: "According to Federal & State laws it is highly illegal and considered fraud for a customer to perform an unauthorized credit card charge-back &/or file a dispute while their order is either "In Process", "On Backorder", "In Transit" to or "Received" by the customer. For such fraudulent chargebacks &/or disputes we immediately invoice the customer a chargeback/dispute service fee of $50.00 to $100.00 (not including the Aragon International Collection Agency's recovery costs) plus the total cost of the order - no exceptions." The Bank says there is no such Law. However, Beauty-Universe keeps telling you your order is "In Process", "In Transit", etc., while waiting out the days to rip off your money. They say cosmetic products & tools cannot be returned for any reason - No refunds. They charge a 25% restocking fee on "refused orders" or attempted "order cancellations - no exceptions." You don't find out all of this when you order, their website has Visa, Paypal, and legitimate companies at the top. Only AFTER you order and ask for the status, do they send you these heinous terms. Their website just shut down, and they are going by Get Jazzed Beauty Supply. I am very upset, lost my money, and want others to be warned. Thank you for your posts and thank you Oregon USA for alerting us to the new name of this false company absconding with people's money.

• Or
    Oregon USA Jun 14, 2011

This company continues to steal people's money by changing its name but using the same (basically) website. Currently they are: "Get Jazzed Beauty Supply" They have also been "Beauty Universe" and "Maximum Beauty." Slick website with colors, animation, promised prizes and dummied-up testimonials. Don't fall for it!
    ~Portland, Or

JJackson May 24, 2011

To zilsmith: This is the reply I received from the company who recived my checking account info for Beauty-Universe:
    Dear Ms. Jackson,

First of all I apologize for the inconvenience this client has caused you. Next, since April 25th, 2011, we are no longer accepting online payment on behalf of Beauty Universe. You are not the first person to contact regarding not receiving their order and as such we have canceled their account with our company. Furthermore, they have gone silent on us as well and we ourselves cannot contact them via email of phone on any of the contact numbers or emails we have from their application. Unfortunately, we ourselves are trying to collect monies owed to us from this company.

Please keep in mind that we do not handle any of the funds and are simply a processor for them to receive funds via check so they get their funds from your bank. What we have informed other Beauty Universe customers is that they should contact their bank and have their bank collect the funds back for failure to receive the product from this customer. If your bank requires a letter from us, please let me know and I will be more than happy to provide one for you.

JJackson May 24, 2011

Today I have contacted Checkalt.com, who cashed my check via internet, and sent me a confirmation.
    I have requested "actual" (phone numbers & physical address) contact information for Beauty-Universe, or I will INCLUDE them tonight, when I contact to the Better Business Bureau. Jodi

• Zi
    zilsmith May 24, 2011

I have had the same problem, but spent over $150.00, and i just do not know what to do?!?!