BARTECLA LLC POS LAKE SUCCESS NYUnknown POS charge

D

I noticed a POS charge on my bank statement from: BARTECLA LLC POS LAKE SUCCESS NY for $8.72. I've never heard of this organization, nor have I ever been to Lake Success, NY. Searching on Google, Yahoo, and Bing reveal nothing about this company. Filing a dispute with my bank.

• Bu
    burgj Oct 17, 2016

lynda.com charge your account through LinkedIn Ireland.

• Or
    OregonGuy Jun 29, 2010

I have filed a complaint with the New York State Attorney General and they replied the company is no longer at the listed address. Duh. They were never at the listed address because they are crooks scamming the system. They are also dba ALM LLC and have also done scam charges as JHD Productions, a legitimate company that has been victimized by these crooks.

They don't obtain card numbers from purchases, they run small charges through a phony merchant account over a RANGE of credit card numbers, and if they get a return, they make larger charges within two weeks. If your bank claims this is legal, you should close your accounts at that bank immediately, and report both the bank and the scammer to the NY AG. In addition, it is hard to imagine a legitimate company that services merchant accounts would sit still for the large number of rejected charges this scam would produce, so it is likely a bogus front as well.

Unfortunately, as most here have discovered, the only remedy is to replace the card with a different number. This does not mean closing the account...just get a different card number.

So, to repeat, Bartecla, ALM etc. are not legitimate companies, the numbers listed are not their business numbers and they have no known legitimate addresses.

• Vi
    Vic16 Apr 05, 2010

I found a charge back in December 2009 $0.17 by this company Bartecla LLC. NOT AUTHORIRZED.
    Here is what I have found on the company. BEWARE. CANCEL CARD.

BBB Business Review Reliability Report for
    Bartecla LLC
    Rating: C-
    Ratings Explanation...
    BBB issues Reliability Reports on all businesses, whether or not they are BBB accredited. If a business is a BBB Accredited Business, it is stated in this report.
    Find out more about this business: BBB Accreditation
    Government Action(s)
    Advertising Review
    BBB Copyright and Reporting Policy
    BBB AccreditationBack to Top
    This business is not a BBB Accredited Business.
    BBB Rating Back to Top

Based on BBB files, this business has a BBB Rating of C- on a scale from A+ to F. Reasons for this C- rating include:

BBB does not have sufficient information to determine how long this business has been operating
    BBB does not have sufficient background information on this business
    Click here for an explanation of BBB Ratings.

Business Contact & ProfileBack to Top
    See the location on a Google Map
    BBB Accreditation: This business is not a BBB Accredited Business

Type of Business: CREDIT SERVICES

Business ManagementBack to Top
    BBB has no information regarding Business Management at this time.
    Customer Complaint History Back to Top
    BBB has processed no customer complaints on this company in its three year reporting period.

Government Action(s)Back to Top
    BBB has no information regarding government actions at this time.
    Advertising ReviewBack to Top
    BBB has no information regarding advertising review at this time.

• Ka
    Katastrophe13 Feb 18, 2010

I just noticed this charge on my company card and it was only for .15! I reconcile our cards monthly and check our accounts online weekly. If I didn't there's no telling what kind of charge would have shown up at a later date. It just baffles me how they get our card number...

• Ks
    ksr Jan 05, 2010

My card was charged $0.19 but I still have to go through the pain of getting the card cancelled as I am sure now they know this card is active the next charge will be higher.

• Do
    dontbeavictimanymore Jan 01, 2010

Everyone needs to make a formal complaint to the Better Business Bureau for which state the company is registered at. Bartecla, LLC is regsitered in the state of New York.

Here are the websites you must make a complaint:

and to the State Attorney General's Office-You need to print out the form and fill it out and mail to the office. If the link does not work go to the main website:
    Then click on the link Resource Center, Then on Complaint Forms, then scroll dowm to the option: Consumer Complaint Forms (Including Regional Office Forms), and click on Consumer Complaint Forms, Then click on the link under Regional office for New York City.

I hope everyone does this and this is the only way to stop these charges from happening over and over again

• Ji
    Jim_T Dec 28, 2009

$0.15 charge on my Midfirst Bank debit card 14-Dec-2009 for this outfit. Why was it only on 24-Dec-2009 that my card was disabled and I was called? Thank God they didn't try anything bigger and swipe my Christmas money.

Here's my transaction detail:

Completed on: 12/15/2009
    Description: CHECK CARD PURCHASE MERCHANT PURCHASE TERMINAL 422443 BARTECLA LLC WWW BARTE NY 12-14-09 SEQ # [protected]
    Amount: $0.15
    Transaction type: WITHDRAWAL

Card's cancelled, awaiting replacement. Need to figure out how to get Midfirst to give me the fifteen cents back.

• Ge
    George winnegar Dec 26, 2009

I agree with all the above, this company needs to be investigated.

• Ps
    psriccaboni Dec 24, 2009

This happened to me, also. A charge of .18 on my checking account from this bogus company. Having to get a new card and filing fraud report with my bank. It's important to check your statements each month.

• Bj
    bjtbezz Dec 23, 2009

My husband just had a .18 charge to card. We also had ot cancell card. One thing that we noticed different from the rest of the posts is that he hasn't used his card online for almost a year. So, possibly another compromised store, like the TJMaxx thing a few years ago?

madlady1960 Dec 21, 2009

I just found a .17¢ charge on .y account from bartecla.ny. I live on a very small limited income so this charge caused an overdraft and my bank charged me $35 for that. I plan to call the bank today. Now I'm worried about how this company got my card number and who else out there has access to it too. Ive heard that sometimes whoever has gotten ur card number illegaly will make a small withdraw and if u dont catch it then they hit your account for large amount. So be aware.

• Rh
    RHNM Dec 20, 2009

Dealing With Poor Customer Service

All companies are only concerned with their bottom line. All companies have very poor customer service representatives. My advice:
    1. First try to settle the matter with the company’s CSR. It will not do any good but you have tried.
    2. Be polite but firm.
    3. Ask for the name, number and state the CSR you are talking to is from. If you are transferred to a foreign country ask to speak to a CSR in North America.
    4. Keep written copies of all your correspondence. Insist that all replies from the company be in writing. Good luck on that one, companies don’t like to leave a paper trail.
    5. If you don’t like writing, record the calls, advise the CSR that you are recording the call.
    6. If you have an attorney and three-party calling, arrange to have your attorney on the line before you call the company. My attorney advised me that you are not required to inform the CSR or company that another person is monitoring the call .Keep copies of all of the bills you receive. The eventual lawyers, FCC, BBB and state attorney general will want copies of all of your paper work.
    7. File a complaint with the FCC about your cell phone carrier, it won't do any good, but it's on record.
    8. If it is not a cell phone carrier, file the complaint with the FTC, or whichever of thousands of government agencies that handle your issue.
    9. Please realize that all government agencies are overworked and have been paid off by lobbyist.
    10. Join any class action lawsuit against the company.
    11. File a complaint with your local Better Business Bureau.
    12. Contact your state attorney general.
    13. During this prolonged economic rough patch all companies are out to make money anyway they can.
    14. Join any class action lawsuit against the cell phone carrier. The lawyers will take the bulk of the settlement after years of ligation. When the company finally settles they will pass the cost of the settlement onto their customers, write if off on their taxes or both if they can get away with it.
    15. Do this with any company or service you are having problems unresolved problems with that company or service.
    16. I realize this is a lot of work, but it’s the only way to get things to change. Don’t expect overnight results, they won’t happen.
    I give you this advice at no charge.
    RH – New Mexico

MadAsHellinPDX Dec 19, 2009

Same story in Portland Oregon... a $0.23 POS charge to my US Bank Visa card. I use this card very infrequently, so there have only been 2-3 transactions over the past month. I am house-hunting and it was recently used to make an online purchase with a "Real Estate Informational" website. I am currently contacting my bank, but I suspect that I will also have to cancel my card in order to protect myself. THIS REALLY SUCKS! These scammers should be found (shouldn't be hard to track them down... just follow the money) and put behind bars for a long time!

• Je
    Jeff McKeown Dec 19, 2009

I just discovered a charge on my business card account for $.14 from these people. It is my belief that there have been some bank receipts lost or stolen in the NJ area, or possibly an employee of a bank or Credit Card Merchant company that has access to the card receipts.
    The only tie that I have is in the NJ area where I purchase Leather goods from a couple different companies.

I have notified my Bank and they suggested that I come in on Monday and file paperwork on this issue and apply for a new card.

Jeff McKeown, Owner
    Integrity Leather & More

• Su
    Suartel Dec 19, 2009

I also had a charge from this company. No idea if a common thread exsist. Sounds like we all bought stuff from very different companies. The most recent thing I used my card for online was almost 2 months ago at Crocs.com. Mostly everything else is bill paying and debits at local stores like Walmart and Target. My bank (BOA) also recommended I close the card and get a new one. Which I did.

madperson11 Dec 18, 2009

Same thing Fradulant charge for$.17 cents now I have to cancel my credit card I have had for 8 years ... ### this ### company!!!

• Wa
    wabc7onyourside Dec 18, 2009

Hi this is ABC News from 7 on your side - we recieved a call about this situation from our hotlline and
    we are currently looking for people to interview in the tri-state area of NY, NJ, or Conneticut about this problem.

If you are a victim and would like to be interviewed please send a message with your name and number to either our hotline [protected] or please go to:
    scroll down to "7 on your side stories" - and fill out the contact information there with a reference to Bartecla LLC story

Thank you!

JahMekYah Dec 17, 2009

I just called my bank and canceled mine as my bank flagged my card, this company made a $.21 charge on 14/12/09. My guess is we must have used our cards to make some online purchase for the holiday and they sniffed our card info. Made small POS transactions for test before they go in for the kill.

• Li
    Lindsey29 Dec 17, 2009

I had one today for $.23 and had to file a dispute and my bank reversed the charge. SCARY!!!

• It
    itsbeal Dec 17, 2009

I got stung today for a .27 charge. It started last night when I went to the ATM to make cash withdrawal with my debit card, but my bank deactivated my card. I wasn't even able to use my other credit cards during that visit. Went to the bank today after work to see why this happened, and they said that this "Bartecla" company thru up a red flag in their database and the Bank automatically closed my debit card account. Still waiting for info as to why I cant use my other cards from the bank, which should be tomorrow. I believe that this happened when I made an online purchase just the other day. Man… I don’t care what you do; there are always some shysters out her will to make things hard on us.

MadInTexas39 Dec 17, 2009

12/17/09 This happened to me too. Am I going to have to cancel my card? I've got this card linked to so many bill sites!!! Another website said once the small charge goes through (mine was .18) then they know it's a good number and they either bill it for something larger OR sell the number. ANY advice would be appreciated!

• To
    Todd Davidson Dec 16, 2009

12/16/2009 I just called [protected] (as listed in above post by eyespark) and the woman claimed that they're a jewelry company and don't have anything to do with the fraud. She claimed they don't even process credit cards. After she explained that a few others have called her with similar complaints I recommended she call the FBI. She agreed it was a good idea and stated she would do so in the morning. I hope the truth comes out.

• To
    Todd Davidson Dec 16, 2009

12/16/2009 Just happened to me. I noticed a $0.23 charge on my card from "BARTECLA LLC WWW.BARTECLA. NY". Funny thing is that I just spent the weekend in Santa Barbara. The hotel bar charged my card for 2 transactions I didn't authorize. I wonder if the bar tender grabbed my card number and passed it on? Hmmm...

My bank (Wells Fargo) reversed the charge, sent it to the disputes department and ordered me a new card. My current card is canceled. What a hassle.

RedRoses Dec 16, 2009

I also received a $.26 charge to my debit card. I notified my bank BOA and then put a stop to future charges. But where and when did they get my debit card number? Who else can I report it to?

• Jm
    Jmenace Dec 16, 2009

you can add another victim. $0.15 charge on my Chase debit card. Weird thing is that I only used once in the last 3-weeks as I am out of the country. I tried to use my card to make a purchase at Crutchfield.com and the transaction was denied which was weird since there were plenty of funds. I didn't think much of it so I just used my business card. Two days later I'm checking my online account and notice the charge from bartecla. So is the commom thread online purchases? I've made dozens of purchases from Crtuchfiled within the last year so its weird to me that they wouldn't be a secure purchasing site.

• Ry
    ryanmck342 Dec 16, 2009

I just cancelled my card after they tried to charge .23cents on the card. I know nothing of them, I have bought quite a few things for Christmas both online/offline but all through legit sources, nothing from ebay or the like, I also wonder if they aren't linked with "gift certificates" from local retailers. If anyone here has recently bought a gift certificate or donated anything via a local retailer please post. I know I bought a book for "children in need" at a Barnes and Noble and wonder if that might have anything to do with it??

• Th
    Thankful! Dec 16, 2009

Just happened to me too. This company tried charging .21 cents to my card. My bank called me to confirm the charge. Wells Fargo is onto this company and knows about them. Thank you Wells Fargo and Thank you for this blog!

reneechurchill Dec 16, 2009

I haven't purchased anything online in a while. It's been a very long time, but I have ordered from 4inkjets.com. It is possible for them to have my debit card info on file still. I really don't want to have to cancel my debit cards. It will create a huge nightmare. But I guess it's better than having someone clean out my checking account.

• Pu
    puteminjail Dec 16, 2009

For me the most recent thing would've been 4inkjets.com

• Ki
    Kiwidrops Dec 16, 2009

12/16/09 - I just checked my CHASE checking account online and saw a charge for .19 cents from BARTECLA LLC POS LAKE SUCCESS NY. It is 5:58 a.m. so I will wait 'til morning to call my bank. I recently purchased gift certificates on RESTAURANT.COM and SPORTS AUTHORITY online. Has any one else done so? I would love to find out our common thread.

• Ds
    dslit87 Dec 15, 2009

I found a charge of .22 cents on my account today. I called the bank and they researched and said it was a scam and cancelled my card. They told me it was something I purched online. Somehow this scam works with online businesses to get money from your account. Apparently, there is small print when agreeing to terms of purchase that says you agree to sign up with scam for them to take money out of your account. Bank said it is completely legal way for them to do this and only thing you can do is have your card cancelled. READ ALL FINE PRINT WHEN ORDERING ONLINE!

retiredlady04 Dec 15, 2009

I had a charge of only 28 cents, but I have no idea what it is. I'll contact my bank tomorrow.

• Ey
    eyespark Dec 15, 2009

A check card that I rarely use was charged by "BARTECLA LLC" last night -- it was easy to spot due to the inactivity of the account. It was a small amount .27 cents, and it was off the pending list by morning . I called my bank and they could find no trace of it happening (very disturbing that they have no information about who or what it was) but they strongly urged me to cancel the card given that it sounds like a trial charge, before something bigger comes through.

Here is what I've been able to uncover on BARTECLA:

BARTECLA LLC POS LAKE SUCCESS NY

There is ZERO company info on the web (other than complaints of credit card fraud)

This website *seems* to match up:

bartecla.com

The domain is registered to a 'Gempearl LLC' on Madison Ave NYC...
    "private company categorized under Pearls and located in New York, NY"

Contact name Gemma Gajadharsingh

US
    [protected]
    [protected]

anoid2day Dec 15, 2009

Charged 16 cents today by Bartecla LLC NY. Reported charge as fraud to my bank, cancelled the debit card. My bank (in Texas) advised a police report needs to be filed to pursue the problem.

chelle_decker Dec 15, 2009

We just got hit today on our Bank of America account, with a charge of 38 cents. I think they do this to test the card first, and then probably charge larger amounts later. I have to call in the morning to get our cards canceled! BAD TIMING with Christmas next week!!!

• Bu
    Butterflymomma5 Dec 14, 2009

I WAS CHARGED .25 CENTS ON MY BANK CARD TODAY. CANCELLED BANK CARD FOR MYSELF AND HUSBAND TO. WE HAVE TO WAIT 5 TO 7 DAYS (BUISNESS DAYS) BEFORE WE GET OUR NEW ONES. THE CHARGE HASN'T GONE THROUGH ONLY PENDING. HOWEVER WE HAVE A FRIEND IN THE BANK AND I WILL ASK HER TOMORROW HOW TO DEAL WITH THIS AND GET BACK TO ALL OF YOU. THIS NEEDS TO BE STOPPED!

• Gr
    Green Eyes Dec 14, 2009

Got an .18 charge on my card today. Called the bank, since its pending BOA can't do anything until it actually goes thru. I suspect at that time, it will charge more.
    Need a class action suit to get these people

• Fe
    Fechter Dec 14, 2009

Got me today too. They used my debit card number to charge $.22 which showed up as a pending charge. I have my bank sending me alerts when my debit card is used anytime when it is not swiped. Funny thing is that I was also online checking my account and noticed it at the same time.

After speaking with the bank, I decided to cancel my card and have to go to the bank tomorrow to get a new card. If the charge is not reversed, I definitely plan to follow up with the necessary paperwork for the bank to investigate. Not sure they will go to the bother for $.22 but I plan to ask anyway.

Wonder where we all shopped - probably online that has now been compromised and is using stolen card and account numbers.

• Qu
    Quarterczech Dec 14, 2009

This just showed up in my bank account too. They deposited $.28 and reversed it. I think they are checking accounts now.. BEWARE!!

• Fi
    FishingPilot Dec 14, 2009

Just got hit with this for $0.25 and it cost me $16 to get new cards overnight. The banks have to know where this money goes. There has to be a trail somewhere. The banks find it's easier to just cancel and issue new cards than to do the research and file fraud charges against them. A class action suit would be nice if there are any lawyers reading this.