AVL MarketingMobile Quiz Alert

I noticed on my AT&T Mobile bill that there was a $9.99 charge for "Mobile Quiz Alerts." Since, I never ordered this, I called AT&T and told them to reverse the charges since I never authorized this. Apparently, AVL Marketing sends you a text message (you get charged for this too, by the way) selling Mobile Quiz Alert (whatever the hell this is). In the text message, they tell you that if you don't want to purchase their service, you have an X amount of time to respond. If you don't respond, they automatically charge you for their service. I rarely use my cell phone so I don't check messages very often. I will be contacting the Attorney General Office (Consumer Division) and letting them know about this scam on consumers. Please don't be victim. Look carefully at your cell phone bill and have your cell phone carrier block these services with a code. Purchases from my cell phone can no longer be made without a pin number.

Anonymous885 Nov 26, 2012

To all who have had dealings with this "company" - please note that you can contact the FTC (Federal Trade Commission) as well as your state Attorney General's office to file official complaints and have this company shut down.

Johnny12 Jun 22, 2012

I am the victim as well for my Go phone. Since I have not used it for almost 10 month till my friend visit me last week, I found that they have charged me for about $100 (10 month). AT&T told me that they can only reimburse me for last month's charge only. This is ridiculous and I a really mad. Can anyon tell me what I should do? How can I contact any authority to shut this company down?

• Mi
    Minnesota small business Mar 21, 2012

We also fell victim to this scam by AVL Marketing. AT&T did agree to credit our account and also activated the BLOCK feature.

• Ta
    TameTheInternet Oct 31, 2011

I just got hit by this service tonight and called T-Mobile immediately. I got charged $20. T-Mobile blocked them for me, but who knows what damage was done. I will be in touch with the California attorney general's office.
    I was told by T-Mobile I got hit with two services. Same people, I'm certain. One is burnout three media Inc., [protected], www.bibleversestoday.com, [email protected]; the other is AVL Marketing Inc., [protected], www.yourhealthtipsnow.com, [email protected]
    I don't know where they are incorporated but I aim to find out. They need to be shut down.
    I was on Facebook trying to post a message when I suddenly got a pop-up message informing me I had won two tickets on Southwest Airlines and to click to claim the tickets. Wow, I should have known better! Then there was a form asking for my name, birthdate and mailing address and e-mail address, etc. Then text messages started coming to my cell phone with triva questions and pin numbers.

• Su
    Suzieee Oct 04, 2011

Even I have the same problem not only AVL Marketing but also sendme the total charge I can see is $20 on my T-mobile bill I strictly called AVL and told them to stop sending me messages and I should not see any charges in my bill, but surprisingly they still charged me I am going to sue both AVL and Sendme. This is ridiculous I never ordered this.

• We
    wessels19 Sep 20, 2011

I just looked at my Sept 2011 at & T bill and noticed the same charge for $10.99 Glad I looked on line will be complaining to AT & T

• Av
    avlmarketing Aug 31, 2011

FYI: The company doing these text charges is NOT this "AVL Marketing." http://avlmarketing.com/

We are a small marketing company for local businesses, and have nothing to do it with this. Unfortunately, we are receiving a lot of complaints from people who don't bother to read our site and just call the first number they find. If we can figure out who this other company is we will make a complaint ourselves.

I've spoken and emailed with many of these people and they don't seem to have any info.