Australian Department of ImmigrationExtended delay in processing visa application

I have lodged my permanent residency application about 3 years ago. I m from a middle eastern back ground and a very highly skilled person.<br />
The australian immigration has held my visa case till now w/o letting me know when the visa comes through.<br />
Seeing the european people who would normally get their visas in matter of weeks, makes me feel extremely descriminated and I don't know whom to refer to. I want to settle in this beautiful country that I have been working in for the past 5 years on full sponsorship basis by an engineering company, but w/o the visa in hand I feel always uncertain about what might happen tomorrow. My question is if it's normall for DIAC to hold middle easter PR visa cases for 3 years and if it's legal not to provide even a simple answer on when I can expect it to come through.<br />
I am loosing my faith in people sitting in this department and have begun to think these delays are considered deliberately to make us give up the intention to come and stay here. No one I have referred to has been able to provide any answers. Even I referred to Ombudsman once and they took my case numbers. And that was it and I never heard anything from them since. People talk about additional security checks which has to be done overseas, but HOW LONG it's going to take? One month, two months, ???? It's been 3 years so far and still no news.<br />
I feel really let down and frustrated and don't know what to do.<br />
Can anyone help me please????

• De
    deep singh Mar 06, 2010

hi aus is good beautifulcountry

• De
    deep singh Mar 06, 2010

hi ialways saw aus in tv i realy like it

• Np
    NPrasad Mar 16, 2010

If your case hasn't been opened, you can ask for a refund. Maybe apply for a PR of a country that issues it within days. I am not a white person and can tell you this is a great country and does not discriminate people based on criteria you mention.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices