American SafeguardWorked without pay.

J Review updated:

My name is Jose Alejandro Garcia I was hired by American Safeguard security on March 4, 2009. I worked for ten (10) days. I have recived no pay from the company dating from March 4, 2009 to March 13, 2009. I have tried to contact the company and the highering manager Joseph Gately and have had no response. I wish to receive my pay for the service I provided to the company.

More American Safeguard Complaints & Reviews

mandybl Mar 27, 2009

You contact the Department of Labor about unpaid wages. If your claim is valid, the company will fall over backwards to pay you when the gov'ts eyes are on them.

If you are an illegal though you are SOL

alexmota Apr 14, 2009

Hi! my name is Alex. I work for them to, it happen the samething, I take my complain to the labor and they supost payme $11250.00

Jjimenez Apr 14, 2009

My name is jose jimenez and I also worked for this company part time for a month and I also never got paid. I tried calling them and all their numbers were disconnected. I also, went to their office and they were no longer there. I called the department of labor but what they told me is that in order to file a claim they need to also serve the other party. The problem here is that I can't find or get in contact with this company. Help, what can I do? And has anyone that also hasn't gotten paid, been able to get in contact with American Safeguardor better than that gotten paid ? Alex can I ask you how were you able to get your money from American safeguard?

Sine Communications Apr 14, 2009

I hope that you all get a chance to read this because I recently did some work for them in their new office. I have their new address so hit them up because they did the same thing to me. They are at 10117 Sepulveda Blvd Mission Hills, CA 91345. I don't remember what suite they were in but when you go into the structure/parking lot, they are the first suite on the ground floor to the right.

I installed their telephone system, phones and voice mail system. They paid me 60 days late and still owe me more money. I told them however that I was going to delete all programming in their system and then it seemed to get their attention. Since they have changed their telephone numbers and I am still trying to track down their new ones.

Their accountant Shirley, Anthony's sister I guess, never returned any of my calls until I told them I was going to delete their settings. I don't see how they can keep this company going with people like them on staff.

I hope you all can use this to your advantage. God Bless!

Jjimenez Apr 14, 2009

Yeah that's the adress I went to. I looked inside and it seemed like they moved out of that office. I also went to the old post that I used to work for but there's a new company there.

Sine Communications Apr 14, 2009

What date did you go there?

Last week wed.

• Ed
    Edward Apr 28, 2009

This has happened to me as well. I have sent in a complaint to the labor board and now I'm about to try and contact media sources because this is rediculous and I dont understand how they can get away with this.

alexmota May 02, 2009

hi! my name is Alex, I work for them to, in San Francisco. from 7/21 to 8/15 I had the same problem, they pay me late and sametimes the checks was ( NSF) I take this to the labor, and for pay me with bad checks and pay me late the total amount of the judgment was for $$11000.00
    I hope they pay me

• Ed
    Edward May 03, 2009

Alex Mota did you mean to put 11, 000.00? Also I wonder how much would it cost if everyone that was done wrong by this company got together and sued them. I know we would win with no problem.

Jjimenez May 03, 2009

Yeah a suit where several people had similar problems like ours is called a class action lawsuit. I'm down, I know we could win big time.

Sine Communications May 03, 2009

I am willing to participate in a lawsuit against them. Sign me up.

Sine Communications May 03, 2009

I actually was contacted by a lawyer his name is Steven O'Connor and his number is [protected]. Contact him and voice your complaints.

alexmota May 03, 2009

Edward is only $95.00 for penalty for each day they never pay (no more then 30 days)
    my was $11000.00 becouse was like 3 checks (NSF) and when I quit my las check I recived 30 days later

alexmota May 03, 2009

Since. I had Email from Steven to. I call hiim to

• Bo
    borisehuanca May 10, 2009

my name is boris and i also worked for them and they havent paid me for over a month. ileft steven a message.we need to get them. its very wrong.

Joseph Gately Aug 08, 2009

I am Joseph Gately, former Operations Manager for American Safeguard. Jose Jimenez and at least 9 other employees (not including myself) are owed money for hours worked. When I fought for my employees to get paid, they stopped paying me. In addition, they were underpaying employees in accordance with state law.

Anthony Brown and Shirley Lane (his sister) have had 4 previous security company that have all went "bankrupt" and employees went unpaid. They purposely list the company as a corporation so that once they bleed it dry they are not held responsible and the court can't attach leans to their personal properties.

I have spoken to the BSIS and have offered to help them in anyway possible in order to prevent Anthony and Shirley from scamming good hard working people.

I have also appealed to the Labor Board in order to get my unpaid wages (total of $12, 800). Furthermore, I am trying to get people to get for a class action. If we bind together we don't have to pay as much in legal fees.

If you would like, you can contact me at joe.[protected]@yahoo.com

• Ra
    Ralphie Jan 06, 2010

I am in phoenix and they owe me over 20, 000. Does anywhere know where they are?

Ralph

• Ra
    Ralphie Jan 06, 2010

My e-mail is [protected]@therim.com...

Ralph

• Lo
    Loretta Liu Mar 01, 2014

OMG... it happened to me too and finally I just read this. They hired me to post and guard at a PG&E location in Redwood City and E. Palo Alto and they didn't pay me. I took them to the labor years ago I forgot when, and a lady from the office in Los Angeles came to the hearing with the Labor in San Jose, and was ordered to pay me couple thousands. Thats the last time I heard from them, I called to collect my $ but phone disconnected, I wrote but no luck. I search, there was one in Florida, I called but still no luck. I don't know where they are hiding now, I hope they're in hell now.

• La
    Landry Robinson Aug 20, 2018

I have install another system, and my contract not up until MAY 2018. I'm told that I can't get out the contract next until year because I didn't write a close note in time, thank you!