All My Sons Moving Companydamaged furniture

J

This was supposed to be a very simple process. Moving ONE piece of furniture (a cherry TV/stereo cabinet) from our upstairs to our garage. It's solid and constructed very well - no movable parts. My husband and I could not move it and we didn't want any of our family members to get hurt trying to move it down the stairs. So i called a couple of moving companies to get estimates for this "small" - one item job. They all have minimums and All My Sons took lots of time to talk about their being BONDED, INSURED and very CAREFUL...taking the time to wrap furniture in cloth or protective pads. We paid in advance on the phone (by credit card). Two men showed up that same day and while they were carrying it down (with no padding or cover), they gouged a huge gash along the front on the stair railing banister top. There is no way to fix it other than replacing the two doors on front that open and smoothing out the "scar" on the other side of the cabinet. We were told to fill out the "claims" form and take photos which we did. We were then told we had to get a form notarized - which we did and mail all that documentation into We Care (Ha!) claims. We just received notice that they intend to pay us $80 - an insult. The cabinet is less than 10 years old in excellent condition - no scratches or scars until they movers basically destroyed it. We had intended to sell it at the consignment store. But now, not only will they not accept it, we are out the $200 - that hasn't even been reimbursed to us! This is an outrage and we will not sit still for this type of treatment.

• Tr
    treehouse0505 Jul 07, 2010

I had set up to have an estimator come to my home for an upcoming move quote. One hour before the appointment the estimator called to reschedule. I realized after making the reschedule that the new date would not work for me and I attempted to contact the company to notify and get a date that would work. I was on hold for 40 minutes with the main office. I was given the mobile number of the estimator to work directly with him to reschedule. I immediately called the number and left my message. I did not receive a phone call back confirming the cancel of the new date.

4 days later I again contacted the main office saying that I would like to reschedule the estimate. I finally received a call from the estimator who rescheduled an appointment time with me. On the day of the appointment, I waited, and waited, and waited. The estimator never showed. I never received a call from either the estimator nor the company explaining the no show.

This was the time that a moving company should be trying to impress the customer regarding their service in the hopes that they would sign a contract with them. If they could not impress me during this phase of our "relationship" I surely am not going to feel confident that they would impress me during our move.

I was so put off by the customer service I received and the no-show that I am absolutely going to pass along this negative feedback to as many people as possible.