FILE A COMPLAINT

AHS & Breakthrough Poolspool heater

D Jul 21, 2019

Service Contract# [protected]. You can fine my email and address information by looking at this service contract#

The "Contractor" Breakthrough Pools indicated that pests made my pool heater fail which we have pictures and simply put the unit is old. Pests did not eat any wires causing unit to fail. I was told pests brought in leaves and dirt into unit which made heat exchanger fail. I have explained to AHS that they have pictures and should cover this warranty claim. All AHS wants to do is send out another contractor, so they can charge me another $100. You can see age of unit and date of manufacturer. I don't believe their contractor liked me from the begenning. Mike McMillan "Owner" wanted to have an open appointment where he could arrive at anytime on day of appointment. I indicated could we at least have a four hour option, as I have to work and needed to be home when he came for appointment. I indicated that I would call AHS and have another contractor come out, but he agreed to be at my house the next morning before 9AM. Mike spent about 40 minutes at my house and alot of that time was him talking with AHS on coverage details. I'm most disgusted by AHS and their customer service. There has been no follow up and just got a letter this week saying if my claim was not resolved to contact them. I have called them at least 4 times and still not getting anyone to call me back or provide a non-generic letter response. AHS hasn't looked at my dispute. Now, it has been over 3 weeks since appointment and I have water leaking out of both manifolds. I'm having to add water daily to my pool. I have spoken with several pool experts and been told this is a scam. AHS collects monthly payments and contractor wants to make up something that will allow him to bill me full price for new heater. Another problem is contractor advertises a website, but it's not active, also he does not work in conjunction with BBB. Looks like this guy works out of his house. By the way, I never knew that a pool guy is an expert at pest control. AHS can clearly seen in the pictures there are no remains of a rat, squirrel, lizard, snake, or whatever could crawl through these small openings. I used to have a one year subscription to AHS on a home I bought years ago and just recently took coverage out. I'm so disappointed in this process and will continue next steps until AHS covers the claim. I would never use Breakthrough Pools for anything related to your pool. The pictures provided were taken by pool guy. I'm taking necessary legal actions if AHS doesn't cover this claim, also reporting AHS to BBB. AHS has a chance to make this right. Look at the pictures and provide me a written response within 30 days.