Advance Media Marketing ScamGoogle Scam

J

Advance Media Marketing which is a trade name of Direct Claims Assist Ltd called me out of the blue. I run a local kiwi business in NZ doing panel beating and i don't usually have spare cash to spend on an advertising budget, however the sales person on the other end of the phone was very convincing and what they offered seemed too good to be true.

Advance Media Marketing/Direct Claims Assist Ltd whoever you want to call them claimed to be Google partners and they could get me on the front page within 24 hours. The amount of customers i would get from this would be astounding and would pick up my panel beating business within no time at all.

Apparently they could offer me an unlimited click allocation on the front page of Google and because they was partners with Google they could offer the service cheaper than anyone else. I was on the phone with them for about 45 minutes before they eventually conned me into the deal and took my credit card details.

It wasn't until the month later that I realized it was all an elaborate scam, I never got on the front page of Google and my business did not pick up. I was out of pocket and to add insult to injury they billed me for a further month and never let me cancel!

I know its my own fault for getting scammed and i don't want sympathy i just want to warn people out there about Advance Media Marketing/Direct Claims Assist Ltd and make sure nobody falls for this Google scam again!

There seems to be an influx of these Google scammers, i know not everyone selling Google services are scammers and its unfair to tar everyone with the same "Google Scam" brush. Just be warned about Advance Media Marketing/Direct Claims Assist Ltd !

• Ju
    Julia OG Jul 03, 2012

I fell for this scam to, but got very stroppy with them and threatened to expose them as a scam, so I got my money back. I had another call today from a similar company in Stockport as well . It seems to be growing. Beware do not fall for it!

• En
    Energyman Dec 04, 2012

They did the same to me. A very convincing tele-sales guy offered me a one month trial and then to review. There was no review. No results and I had unwittingly signed up to a roll-over agreement which they wouldn't let me cancel. Their attitude tells me they are not a genuine company. I asked for a report / stats and nothing has been forthcoming. I am going to the bank to see if I can get any joy with claiming my money back. David.

• Pr
    Procheck Dec 06, 2012

They did the same to me. They are very convincing phone-sales guys who offered me a one month trial and then to review. As with others there was no review. No results and I had also unwittingly signed up to a roll-over agreement which they wouldn't let me cancel. They are nothing more than thieves, who prey on the honesty and integrity of others.
    Bruce

• Wi
    William Haslam Dec 06, 2012

Jimmy,
    Please let me assure you Advance Media Marketing is not a scam, I am a director of the company and assure you that we do exactly what we say we will do.
    Sometimes advertising doesn’t work for people its as simple as that, we have many letters of recommendation from customers and our telephone and contact information is on our web site and customer service number is +[protected] please call us if you have any issues with your advertising with us.
    We always aim to deliver to our customers and are only on the end of a phone, all our e-mails have our contact information as well. Its unfair that you write this stuff, we would never take any payments without our customers agreement, and our agreements are very simple and only one page.

All our agreements require 30 days notice, but if you had contacted us then I am sure we could have resolved any issues you had.

Regards,
    Bill Haslam

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices