4th Ave Wireless Mount Vernon, NYselling used cellphone as new, fraud, charging hidden fees on cellphone activation

Purchase a brand new cell phone from this company using a debit card. Within 24 hours the cellphone stopped working. When I contact 4th Ave Wireless about the bad cellphone I was told that the company does not offer refunds and I could not exchange the product. I contact the local Mt. Vernon Police Department to file a police report. The police department told me everyday the precinct is flooded with complaints about this company and I have to file a claim in small claim. I immediately contact my bank to initiate a stop payment but the transaction had already process. I also discovered that the company had charged me an additional $30 to port my number over from one carrier to the next. I contact both cell phone companies to ask if there was a charge to port the number and both cellphone companies respond in the negative. This was a fraudulent charge 4th Ave Wireless attach to anyone who request this service. I did indeed file a case in small claim and won my case easily because of the bad reputation of the company.

• Da
    Darla777 Jul 26, 2011

I had a similar experience with this company. They sold me a knockoff blackberry made in china for over $300 and I would not have discovered it was fake if i hadn't gone to a tmobile store to purchase a sim card where the represantive discovered it was a fake model within 5 minutes of looking at it so now i have to fight to get my money back. They probably figured i would not find out soon because i told them i planned to use the phone in a different country. I have just contacted my bank and the police.