2008 GMC Acadiawindows scratched

I purchased a 2008 Acadia new in August 2008.The vehicle was expensive enough but we bought the Cost Guard coverage as well. Now after owning the vehicle for 16 months and only accumulating 16, 500 miles, all of the power windows are scratched because the weather stripping does not do what it is supposed to do; keep the elements ( sand, road salt, etc) out of the window track. I filed a complaint with GM and their final decision was the damage was a result of environmental conditions not poor design, material or workmanship as I contend. They think it is perfectly acceptable to pay 35, 000 for a car and only have unscratched windows for 16 months. I have owned 12 other vehicles, lived with-in 1/4 mile of the beach and NEVER had weather stripping not keep sand out of the window track. If you have experienced this problem with a new Gm vehicle please contact me at the e-mail address given as I intend to file a class action law suit.

• Ri
    Richard Pluschau Oct 09, 2017

anyone have any luck with this? I too have a 2008 GMC Acadia which i was the original owner and have been so frustrated with the window scratching. any recourse? any methods to fix on your own?

• Wi
    wilberwoo Aug 12, 2011

Lawsuit anyone?

• Wi
    wilberwoo Aug 12, 2011

My wife also has a GMC acadia, also all four windows scratched. I have a 2001 GMC Sierra 100, 000 miles more and been though mud and everything with it. The Sierra has not a scratch.

• Mn
    MN lucas Mar 30, 2010

I have an Acadia also and just brought it in to be looked at because of ALL four windows being scratched. Was told that it was environmental and maybe I was following too close behind a salt truck. I live in Minnesota and have never had window scratches on any car or truck that I or my husband have owned. Was told this was my issue and my expence. Funny, after googling " window scratches on Acadia" I am not the only one with this issue. Wanted to post to be heard.

• Mb
    MBHNY Feb 07, 2010

I purchased a new Acadia in March of 2009 and started getting scratches on all four windows a few weeks later. The problem with the weather stripping is that the felt on the weather stripping is completely exposed so it gets wet and attracts dirt and grime, which scratches the windows. All other cars have a hard plastic or rubber covering over the felt which blocks out wetness and dirt. This is a defect that should definitely be covered by our warranties. Please let me know how I can be part of your class action lawsuit.