logo

buy-hgh-growth-hormone.com
fake website
2. (15 mins ago)
Survivinginfidelity.com
A very dangerous place for those trying to heal in a positive way
3. (16 mins ago)
Allactionhost.com
no service provide
4. (19 mins ago)
AdultWholesaledirect.com
Please avoid this web site
5. (20 mins ago)
Venus.com
Unfortunately they run a shady business

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Lennar Homes, Santa Clarita, California Complaints & Reviews - Poor Quality of the House

Lennar Homes Contacts & Informations

Lennar Homes

Posted:    uncledave

Poor Quality of the House

Lennar Homes
Westhills
Santa Clarita, California
Potential homebuyers,

I bought a brand new house in Santa Clarita Valley for more than a half million dollars and lived there for a little less than two years now. So far, here are some problems with this house that could not be covered its warranty:

• Visible and noticeable cracks on the stucco. Yes, I am seeing more cracks all over outside of the building on stuccos. When I complained after a few month of my purchase, Lennar customer care rep said that Lennar won't repair until it is opened widely up to certain inches, which does not make senses at all. I could see cracks all over especially around the doors and windows even inside the unit, and the cracks are appearing noticeably more and more. Lots of my neighbors have same complaints. We might probably take class legal actions toward Lennar on this…
• A major water pipe outside of the building that is connected to a major water pipe inside the building is broken, so it was leaking. When I reported to Lennar care, a care rep came to my house and said that its warranty is expired, so he could not do anything. My biggest concern is that outside water pipe is PVC pipe, not a copper made pipe. This means Lennar used cheap materials to build more-then-a half million dollar house even though Lennar knew that California is exposed to earthquakes. I am wondering what kind of materials they used for inside the units. Lennar finally decided to reimburse the repair cost, but I am not certain what Lennar will do if this type of problems happens again for other neighbors who are not proactively and assertively complained about it.
• The sprinklers at the backyard have been leaking from the day one after my purchase. I complained this and Lennar was able to stop the leakage on each inquiry. However, it has not been fixed permanently, so it continued to leak. Lennar said there was nothing they stop to prevent this problem primarily due to my backyard structure. I also noticed that the sprinkler system keeps running on and on even it watered all zones entirely. Lennar said that it was caused by programming issue on the time, which one of professional gardeners inspected and found no problems with programming.

Lennar built some pathways/ walkways here and there in the community, but if you carefully look at the concrete/ cement on the ground, you will find lots of cracks, which really implies the quality of Lennar homes. Please challenge the sales representatives on these complaints to see how Lennar will handle as if you were having the same issues as a new homeowner before you purchase the house. I am not upset or angry about Lennar, but I am really disappointed about the poor quality of the houses Lennar built in Santa Clarita Valley area.
Comments United States Building, Construction
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

19th of Jul, 2010 by   burnttoast 0 Votes
Builders in California are exempt from structural cracks and fractures due to the volital faultline proximity act. Only a Jackass would Buy a home in California!!! hear me ...a Jackasss
 15th of Dec, 2010 by   Loveofgage 0 Votes
Potable water systems going into residential structures are recommended (if not required) to NOT use copper piping as that would violate the "Lead and Copper Rule." The use of PVC doesn't imply cheap products, it is the only one that they can use on new construction.
 8th of Jun, 2013 by   DiddlyDoo 0 Votes
As of 2013, Lennar Homes (www.lennar.com) is secretly repairing failing roofing and/or landscaping mistakes which create flooding/pooling of water which they left behind in the aftermath of completing new development at POTOMAC MARK PLACE and ROANOKE SPRINGS DRIVE in Ruskin Florida 33570.

The only way to have them repair the roofing tiles and/or correct landscaping to properly flow/channel rain water AWAY from one's home is to have a LAWYER send them a letter requesting it.

Homeowner's in this neighborhood were required to sign a NON-DISCLOSURE AGREEMENT with Lennar Homes, in return to having the rework completed at no charge, despite the fact that Lennar Homes screwed up in the first place.

What's truly sad is that the window of opportunity (warranty) on the majority of these homes is nearing expiration. Homeowners have a right to know and have the shoddy work by Lennar Homes repaired asap.
 30th of Oct, 2013 by   UNHAPPY ROOF 0 Votes
I was the third buyer for a home that was built by Lennar. I discovered a large leak that went undetected for nine years within the walls -- I attempted to work with them and they kept stalling and stalling and finally I took them to small claims court. Unknown to me that there is a TEN YEAR limitation -- in that you must file a legal action in within the ten year time -- it has nothing to do with when the defect was discovered. So I ended up on the losing end because I tried to be nice. Shame on you Lennar for being deceptive-- saying your people were looking into it etc etc. You knew very well what the time limit was and you just let it run itself out. SHAME ON YOU!!

Federal Government Job Fraud