logo

Posted:    Wells

Scam and lies

Hotels.com
hotels.com
I am of European nationality and living in France. I have not been in the US for more than 10 years, nor do I plan to do so in the near future, and therefore I certainly won't make a hotelbooking in the US. So I was very much surprised to discover a charge on my credit card accounts from IAN Travel Services, dated 12-08-2008 for an amount of 1657, 36 in dollars, concerning a hotelbooking in the US. All my other charges are always in euro's, so I instantly presumed some form of of fraud. I called my credit card company and reported the charge as fradulent and immediately closed my account. Unfortunately, due to circumstances, there were more than 30 days past by, before I discovered the fraud, so I won't be compensated by the insurance of my credit card company.

The reason of filing my report is to make clear that, where it concerns Hotels.com - IAN Travel Services, you don't need to make an internet booking, in order to to be charged fraudulently and consumers should be aware that that this credit card fraud is a worlwide problem.
Comments United States Hotels
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

8th of Jun, 2009 by   Posh 0 Votes
Whoever you are I believe you have book your reservation online. Ian is an affiliate of Hotels.com a nd most reservation done online are Ian accounts. I also believe you have book the reservation yourself without checking all the details. Default currency of the website is in USD so you have to switch it to Euro. It is easy to pass judgement to other people but sometimes we just have to think and investigate before we assume anything.`
 24th of Apr, 2011 by   Mat C. 0 Votes
I have booked several night through hotels.com in order to get the free night but after the 9th night they decided not to give me credit. I have booked hotesl three time throught them but they did not give me credit. I tired to call to the customer service. Someone in Phillipine answere the phone and tried to tell me that night I booked was not throught hotesl.com. Once I told them that I have reservation confirmation and credit card bill they hung up on me. Same experience was repeated by three different operator. I came to the conclusion it was official policy to hang up if you do not have answers.
 25th of Sep, 2013 by   CFunk 0 Votes
Hotels.com promises the lowest rate and discounts but charged me $100 more than the hotel would have charged. They refused to match the price because I had already checked in. This site is a total scam! Makes the hotel look bad too... I was expecting a much nicer place because it was so expensive! Avoid these guys at all costs.

Back to School Savings