Menu

Windfield review: windfield optimum crush blue 30's

Author of the complaint
3:38 am EST
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Hi i recently bought a packet of Windfield optimum crush blue it was a pack of 30. I was on my lunch break at work when I opened up my pack I had bought before work and sparked up a cigarette out of the pack and tasted a very strange taste and ashed my smoke hoping the horrible taste would go away and realized there was a object that appeared to be a stick/twig I pulled it out and discovered it was in fact what I had thought and it was 3 cms long and very hard I am very unhappy with this product especially when I also realized that there was only 29 smokes and not 30 inside of my packet.

29 comments
May 16, 2022 7:21 pm EDT

For anyone needing an alternative the ranch menthol burst filters are still the same optimum flavour so are the Winnie’s pop filters that you buy I’ve just been buying normal Winfield blue smokes and getting the filters and taking the blue ball out and putting it in my smokes! 😅

G
May 31, 2022 11:48 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Great hack! I've had no other option but to do this the new taste is absolutely awful.

May 11, 2022 2:05 am EDT

I thought I was going mad, which is why I looked up to seeing Winfield had changed the Mint popper which yes they have which taste like sh.t.., I'm pissed as they are the only smokes I like which now I'm losing it as I can't smoke anything else, bring back the old Optimum Crush pleaseee 🙏

May 19, 2022 2:17 am EDT
Replying to comment of Lovnit

I bloody hate the new ones to its taste like the burst ones they are horrible

Apr 30, 2022 9:29 pm EDT

What the heck

Apr 30, 2022 9:15 pm EDT

Who do I contact about this in Australia these are disgusting I did the same bought a few packets thinking I got a dodgy one but they are all the same is this just the 30 pack? Or 25s as well green ball definitely inside crush blue that are green wtf

P
Apr 28, 2022 7:47 pm EDT

I've just sent them a complaint. Hopefully if everyone sends one they'll change them back

Apr 30, 2022 1:28 am EDT
Replying to comment of Percyy

I sent a complaint too. They rang me and said they’ve changed the blue crush ball to a green one due to “feedback” they had received saying the green tasted “better” I call [censored], green is probably cheaper. They said they won’t change it back but hopefully if enough of us complain, they will.

Apr 30, 2022 1:28 am EDT
Replying to comment of Percyy

May 06, 2022 9:25 am EDT
Replying to comment of Bec6

Where abouts can you complain to change it back?!

They taste gross now

Apr 12, 2022 7:12 am EDT

The smell has changed, and the taste has changed! The mint is now so overpowering and taste like JPS crush ball. It’s disgusting. You charge us an arm and a leg for smokes, at least make them how we like, or I may as well buy cheaper ones

Apr 30, 2022 9:25 pm EDT
Replying to comment of Bec6

It’s so disgusting I actually want to stop smoking now haha

Jun 27, 2022 10:51 pm EDT
Replying to comment of Bec6

I totally agree, I've changed to holiday crush blue... I loved winfield optimum blue so much and picked up on the flavour change immediately... first I thought I got a dodgy pack.. but then realised that they changed their flavour... holiday crush blue is kinda all I can enjoy..

H
Apr 12, 2022 2:58 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

How the F#ck do I get a refund for my wasted money?

I have 3 packets i dnt fkn want, I buy 2 packs at a time, the first 2 packets were yuck, so i tried a different shop hoping to find the ORIGINAL taste but, I didn't 😤

They have changed the flavour of Winfield optimum crush to a disgusting MINT flavour...

If I wanted to smoke toothpaste, I'd be over the moon about this flavour but I'm not and I don't like it one bit!

Ill never purchase a Winfield product again!

Apr 20, 2022 12:18 am EDT
Replying to comment of Heedz

They have a green crush ball inside not a blue one now. The manufacturer is ripping us off knowing this!

K
Apr 22, 2022 6:12 am EDT
Replying to comment of Heedz

I’m the same. Have you found an alternative? Just wasted hundreds of dollars buying all different [censored] that tastes the same. Hoping someone here has found something/anything close to the original

Apr 30, 2022 9:27 pm EDT
Replying to comment of Heedz

Yo I’m the same…. Putrid! Makes me want to quit lol any alternatives?

Apr 30, 2022 9:27 pm EDT
Replying to comment of KCJ89

Same 😔

Apr 09, 2022 5:24 pm EDT

It’s optimum crush green! It’s a green ball not a blue on that it’s suppose to be! They are ripping us off

Apr 09, 2022 5:19 pm EDT

It’s not just optimum crush blue! It’s rothmans cool crush blue as well. Rothmans was always my alternative instead of optimum but because Rothmans changed to a minty flavour I got Optimum crush and it’s the same! What is going on. The taste is disgusting and a waste of money.

K
Apr 22, 2022 6:10 am EDT

Have you found any alternatives? It’s legit the only cigarette I smoke and I’ve just wasted hundreds of dollars trying to find an alternative to the new trash taste. Hopefully you’ve had more luck than I have?

G
May 31, 2022 11:49 pm EDT
Replying to comment of KCJ89

Try asking to look at the batch number on the bottom or side of packets with the letter M..

Apr 09, 2022 12:34 pm EDT

Please bring back the Winfield optimum crush blue taste

I recently bought a packet and the taste has changed it’s disgusting the mint flavour is very bad and strong

Just please bring back the old taste of Winfield optimum crush blue

C
Apr 05, 2022 3:41 am EDT

I don't know what has changed but winfield optimum crush has changed alot! The menthol taste is very over powering. I hope it's not long term thing tho! Very disappointing

Apr 27, 2022 2:15 pm EDT

Instead of a more peppermint flavour it now tastes like spearmint which is sickly and awful poor form indeed- has anyone else noticed aswell that intermittently at first but now seeming to be all the time, they have also removed the small charcoal part of the filter? I’m guessing that has also affected the taste?

Apr 27, 2022 2:15 pm EDT

S
Mar 19, 2022 8:48 am EDT

I dont know but you have changed the way you made these cause it taste so bad I might as well smoke the cheaper smokes please make it like you use to.

Dec 15, 2021 8:17 am EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I was 2/3 into my cigarette and it caught on fire ! Literally aflame ! It lit up a spat it out and it burnt my leg before falling to the floor … it’s never happened before but I was extremely disappointed! 🤬

Dec 15, 2021 8:28 am EST
Replying to comment of Lonnn

It happened once before but not as bad, it lit on fire and I blew it out, as it didn’t burn me like it did this time! I didn’t think it was an issue .. but these days, what you pay for cigarettes … it should NEVER happen!