Williams Asphaltnot standing behind work

S

last May a young man stopped by our place & wanted to know if we would be interested in having our drive way paved, they were paving someone else's drive in the neighborhood. I talked it over with my husband & we contacted him & agreed to have the job done. They came out & gave an estimate for drive way & a pad for my husbands 18 wheeler, at $4800. They came out & were very nice & did a good job. Told us that if we had any problems to call them & garanteed it for 1 yr. We started having cracks on the edge at first, then it got to be in the middle of the driveway. We tried to contact them back in Jan. but the phone # is a fax #. My husband finally faxed them a message & they called back. We have been trying to get them to come out & fix it for 2 months now, keep giving us the run around. They promise to be out here, then call & cancel. I have sent them a text message twice on their cell phone, with no responce. Last Mon. I took pix & my husband wrote a letter to them, I had it sent certified mail. We still have not heard from them. I want my driveway fixed !!! I don't want to have to go to court, but looks like I will have to take them to court. They are obviously a fly by night business, family owned & operated, a father & 7 sons run this co. What else can I do besides sue them, I don't want the expense but $4, 800 is alot of money to me. We put our faith in them & paid cash .