United Financial Systems, Inc./Debt Management ProgramBreach of Contract

I contracted with United Financial Systems, Inc. (UFS) in May of 2007 in a debt management program. UFS was deducting $265 per month from my checking account in order to disbursement payments to my creditors. For 3 months in 2010 (August, September, and October) my creditors did not receive payments from UFS. I have been trying to get a refund of $795 ever since then. I keep getting promises of a refund that never seems to arrive. What can I do?

• Am
    amyvde Jun 15, 2011

I started using United Financial many years ago and had no trouble with them until last year. They failed 5 times to make my payments on time, claiming that the check was "lost in the mail" They "sold" my account in November and kept my November payment. Never paid it at all. Once the account was transfered, they never paid back my deposit that I am owed for completing their program.
    Because they failed to make my November payment and I had to make double payment, really causing me trouble with other bills owed. my CC company (JUNIPER BANK - who are also the worst company to work with on trying to make a payment) because I was late, decided not to keep me on a debt managment program and jacked my interest rate to 23.99%! Now, I am out my November payment, my original deposit and I am being charged an interest rate that it out of this world. I was promised back in FEB 2011 that my "check was in the mail" and never got it. I tried to call the phone number I had for them and it is a moving company...How do I get my $$ back????