Station CasinosAwful experience

J Review updated:

I worked for station casinos in 2006. The 'probation' time was 90 days. On the 89th day of my employment, I was phoned by my supervisor and he asked me to come into the Station casino (Red Rock) I was based. I worked at several of their properties and was treated fairly at some and treated very poorly at others.

I was an 'entertainment technician, ' doing setups for outdoor concerts. I worked my tail off getting ready for Red Rock's grand opening in April of '06. With the exception of my supervisor, I was virtually ignored by other 'Team Members, ' finding them unfriendly and totally lacking in humor and helpfulness.

I was laid of on the 89th day. On the 90th day, I would have been permanently hired. The reasons for my layoff were extremely vague. the supervisor said that I did a great job, but was lacking in one area of wireless monitor systems. At no time during my employment, was I offered anything but a manual for the mixer (Yamaha DM 2000), where a brief tutorial, without interruptions would have done the trick. However, a 'cutthroat attitude' existed and, literally, some of the other techs hardly ever talked to me and I was treated as an outcast from day 1.

I was harassed at other Station Casino properties, where they would send me to fill in. I was given no chance to demonstrate my skills and, despite what I was told during orientation, there was nobody who would help me. The entertainment directors (higher ups) treated me as an inferior person. I have never had problems in the workplace, yet trouble found me at each turn, with the exception of Texas Station, where I was treated with respect.

During orientation, we were advised to stair clear of union organizers. As I was laid off, I understood why. They want no protection for their employees. I used to frequent the Santa Fe (before Stations took it over). It was a friendly atmosphere and I spent time at the bar on several occassions, talking with the owner, Mr. Lowden, who is a first-class person.

When Stations took over the Santa Fe, they changed the payout, glitzed the place up and, essentially ruined a great local atmosphere. They will take every last cent from a gambler, something that Mr. Lowden would never allow to happen. I believe (I have no proof), that their player's club cards actually trigger CD Roms, making it impossible to ever win at an electronic machine. In the Lowden days, they offered $2 blackjack...no more...$5 minimum.

The staff is uncaring (with the exception of a few 'oldtimers' who stayed on after the switch). It's not difficult to see how the greed of the Stations' owners ended the company in bankruptcy. They have legally stolen from the locals. Finally, the sign at the Fiesta ('Royal Flush Capital of the World') was taken down, because it simply was not true.

A decade ago, local vegas casinos made sure that the locals were not fleeced and a regular was treated with kindness and respect. ever since the beancounters took over, all semblance of fairness is gone. All they want is your money and they treat their employees like crap. this has happened all over Vegas and makes one wish for the atmosphere of the '90s. It's not surprising that business is way down, and the further it sinkis, the more the casinos program their machines to pay out less. This is a fact.

More Station Casinos Complaints & Reviews

• Na
    NaughtyKnight Aug 19, 2020

Like Vegasgirl2020 comments and thank you for sharing your observation and opinion being an employee. I have been a player at Stations since 2004 and can honestly say that since the Covid19 reopening on June 4th, I have lost 36 times in 38 sessions. I play quarters video poker and know the odds. Have never ever seen the machines so tight in all the years that I have been playing, they seem angry and I do feel as if they have been tampered with regarding the frequency especially with larger payouts. One thing that I don't appreciate at all is that at GVR on the two banks of IGT ALL STAR II next to the food court, the technicians have programmed the machines to not issue a payout ticket on accumulated winnings of 1200.00 or more, so you have to wait around for one of the slot attendants to show up, check status, then disappear for a while, only to finally come back with another slot attendant and a supervisor sometimes just to give you your money that you should have been able to cash out originally without waiting. I complained about it two times to management and there has not been a correction with the payout ticket programming. One night I was thinking about it and came to the conclusion that this is being done on purpose so the greedy slot attendants and supervisors have an additional unwarranted opportunity to give a handpay thinking they will be tipped. DO NOT TIP these people anything at all, this is dishonest and sneaky to say the least. Another problem I had just days ago, at Palace Station I was not allowed to use my point redemption for free play. I had an attendant call the slot supervisor over to explain why I wasn't being allowed to access my free play and her response was " I don't know and it doesn't matter". Well it mattered to me since I was out of cash and it was a very unprofessional response on her part. I had to ask her three times in front of five other employees why I wasn't being given access to my money and she dodged the question each time, either because she didn't want to do her job and find out why or she was just incompetent. I let her know that I didn't think she was qualified to be a slot supervisor because she couldn't answer basic fundamental questions regarding the machines and had very poor customer service skills as well. That didn't go over too well and she then called security and had me removed from the property, permanently I was told.

A lot of the complaints on here are legit. Stations Casino are in the business of taking your money, legally or illegally, and not caring at all about you the customer. Sad to say, but it seems to be more apparent everyday.

• Ve
    Vegasgirl2020 Mar 09, 2020

I work at a popular stations casino. I see people gamble on the slots all day, everyday. I can attest that no one is winning. When someone puts in $400 and they cash out nothing on max bet, there is a serious problem. Or when someone is playing minimum bet on a machine and $100 is gone with no line hits or bonuses, do you think those people will return? The place where I work has seen numbers decrease drastically, it is dead quiet on the weekends, and usually everyone leaves by 10 pm. People that have been coming there for years tell me they no longer play as often because they never win. No one stays after events, you see people immediately leaving as opposed to staying and trying their luck on tables or machines. This is on a saturday night when things are supposed to be loud and in full swing. They have lost most of the poker players as well, refusing to pay a bad beat was the first major mistake, followed by removal of popular tables and player perks. Now there's a rumble the poker room might be shut down and the employees who work there are worried. As am employee I feel obliged to warn others about how terrible the machines are at Stations. I don't think people would play there at all if they knew they had zero chance of winning. Giveaways are cheap: lose $200 and get a plant, some cheap made in china mixing bowls, or a bottle of cheap alcohol. The buffet is cheap and there are literally zero comps unless you lose $1000 or more. I think the locals are waking up and if this post saves just one person from losing everything at a Stations property, I feel I made my point.

• Ti
    Tiredof starions May 03, 2019

Just contacted gaming commission apparently they are only required to pay 75% back on the lifetime of the machine what the heck so in other words you can play your hearts out and what machine could payout two years from now? So done with these scum bags and gaming commission is a joke.

• Me
    [email protected] Jan 18, 2019

Liars and thiefs. False accusations against customers. I pray to god these Fertitta properties go the way of the Palms a Maloof property they recently purchased and renovated. What a joke. Stay away from Palace station and Palms they are out to take your money. I will never go to any Station property EVER and you should not go unless you want to donate your money to these money grabbing [censored]

Jason Burberry Feb 18, 2017

These people in places are just sad and these people and places are just sad and pathetic . customer service doesn't mean a thing to them don't bother your calling the customer service desk for calling in to speak to a supervisor cuz they just don't care about you and anything that you have to say no sympathy and empathy no heart. and people filing for bankruptcy does not mean a company or person is losing money it just means that this person is corrupt and crooked looking for every way possible to make an extra penny and at the same time for bankruptcy and not have to pay not have to pay their debts. Well I hope these people enjoy their short time on in life and I hope they enjoyed burning in hell

• 00
    006969123 Jan 31, 2016

I don't understand how station casinos haven't been investigated by the NGC.

There is no way that their machines pay back the minimum required by law. No one ever wins there.

Also it seems that when you play with your players card you lose more. Which is why their annoying slot attendants are always trying to get people to sign up with their players card.

Crooked company. They will continue stealing so long as dumb locals patronize their monopoly.

• Fi
    Fiesta pastcustomer Jan 09, 2015

Here we go again with STATION CASINOS 2015 !
    Station has now taken away senior day Wednesday half point day on the Feast Bufffet!
    We were informed after the cashier rang us up. If LOCALS can't read the writing on the wall ! Don't worry LOCALS... STATIONS want to steer you to their CAFE, FUEGO STEAKHOUSE where they Seniors still get half point at these on Wed. ! I wonder why???
    You think it might be the VERY LOW VOLUME of guest, locals going to these other food establishments ?
    LOCALS HAVE TO WAKE UP !!!
    SEND A CLEAR MSSG. TO STATIONS, ENOUGH IS ENOUGH !!!
    STATIONS continues to TAKE AWAY from us locals !!! It's time to say NO !
    BOYCOTT STATIONS, & Send the message
    THE REALITY IS THAT WITHOUT LOCALS STATIONS will Fall Again !
    This time without a great recovery...
    Forget the convenience and go an extra couple miles to enjoy another establishment
    at least your odds / payouts will improve, and guess what locals many of these take care of their LOCALS !!!

• Rv
    rvv Dec 30, 2014

The Fiesta henderson is much like the above complaints... They have cut every benefit to being a chairman status, Short term their balance sheet will look good but long term they will not recover.
    Management appears not to have the aptitude for successful business concepts, I'm sure most management staff will only be short term and will be at their next endeavor
    Locals need to be smart and boycott stations business, forget about the convenience and say no to this business tactic. Stations business ethics should be investigated
    The only true method to send the message is by having Locals Go elsewhere
    Let stations business and profits diminish, making them limited to be bought out for a profit !
    It's time action is taken by the locals ! Wise up !
    I predict 2015 the locals will conquer

• Ji
    Jimmy manteras Aug 10, 2014

Paul Rose is, perhaps, the dumbest casino marketing suit I have ever met in 30 years. When not laughing, he is imbibing heavily, He treats locals like crap. The food sat all stations is underneath Denny's standards.
    The fertittas are known thieves.
    Hope they follow the Maloofs down the drain.
    UFC is a sad joke.
    Why the bodyguards for the two punk brothers? Are they afraid the revelation that their respected patriarch, frank 2' was a Federal informant?
    Rest in peace, Carl Thomas

Should have left frank F in Galveston stealing tips on the barr.

Phony

Sean4545 Jul 27, 2014

Station casinos are the biggest crooks on the planet. Locals should steer clear from any station casino.

Sean4545 Jul 27, 2014

Station casino properties are criminals and should be shut down!!!

Sean4545 Jul 27, 2014

Wildfire run by station casinos are thieves and steal from locals by tightening the slots machines. This casino company are crooks and avoid any of their properties at all cost!!!

• St
    Stations Suck Jul 21, 2014

I amassed 260, 000 status points between 01/14-07/14 .The new period began and when i asked for a comp for a meal on 07/02/14 I was denied. I called host supervisor and was denied by her. Her name was Rachel. I never ask for comps. Stations suck so bad it will be a glorious day when go under. And they will

• Mt
    mtlert May 17, 2014

I always win

• Ke
    kevjon Apr 13, 2014

re: Why arent the cops arresting the casino MGR for cheating on the public.
    answer-because stations employs former sheriff bill young-so no arrests will be made

re: dey said the boss guy Paul is a real ### an cheatin dem too
    he should be fired
    answer-yes they are right. Rose has created numerous problems at many casinos in the past

• Ke
    kevjon Apr 06, 2014

yeh i know who youre talking about that boss guy's name is paul rose- what a [censored]bag!
    that clown screwed santa fe too-fire his ###

jakep55 Mar 21, 2014

yup slots r tight at green valley an tables r fixed too. hosts cant give u nothin fer losin dont matter how much ya lose. dey said the boss guy Paul is a real ### an cheatin dem too
    he should be fired

• La
    laila8i8 Mar 15, 2014

I have not won at any Stations Casino in over a year. The moment I became President status I no longer won. Their machines are crapy and have several glitches. I would love to have a decent bonus. Instead you have to put in 100.00 before you hit a bonus round that will pay you 10 to 20 bucks. I'm done with Stations and their greed.

• Te
    Terry2014 Feb 07, 2014

The Stations casinos are controlled on a percentage payout not chance. They control how much is paid out in the slots. Is that gambling . No it says you can't cheat them buts its ok for them to cheat you. Think about it the slots are controlled on what they payout . I thought gambling was chance not controlled. All the casinos do this they control what they payout witch is not gambling . Gambling is chance where the wheels roll and now its all controlled on payouts. Back in the old days slots machines were not controlled by computers they hit where the wheels stop. If a casino went broke that was the way it was. You see on TV shows how people cheated slots with devices and got arrested. What is with the casinos now they rig there slots to pay on a percentage, another words they rigged them. Why arent the cops arresting the casino MGR for cheating on the public. You don't expect to buy a TV in a store and have the remote not with it do you. What needs to me done in more complaints to the gambling commission and wanting new laws for the people to have a fair chance and take out the rigged percentage payout. Ask any casino MGR or Owner about the percentage pay and they will not answer you will get the run around and tossed out.

• Ca
    casinowatchmen Nov 08, 2013

Station Casino Company is running television ads because they are losing locals business. I wonder why??? Oh yeah because they constantly steal from them! The mailers are a joke, the free play is a joke and there is no loyalty towards players. We had 4 Presidents in our family who used to go to Sunset Station and Green Valley Ranch but now we have given up on this greedy company. They will see bankruptcy once more!!!

• Ri
    Richardcraniumass Oct 14, 2013

Green Valley Ranch is also one of the worst! They steal daily from players! hope one day they tear that casino down!

• Ri
    Richardcraniumass Oct 14, 2013

Station Casino's are at it once again taking from locals! Remember when they used to have free swipe and wins??? Well not anymore! They make you play 5 points to even activate it and then they only give you tickets into a drawing you will more than likely never win. They have gone too far this time and we will no longer be playing at any of the properties!!!

Sean2013 Sep 11, 2013

A Message to Las Vegas LOCALS! Stay away from all Station Casino properties! They are thieves and have tighten the machines up to no end. They have not been paying out to specifications by the laws of Nevada. From Sunset Station to Fiesta Henderson you can expect to lose all or most of your money. Even though it is supposed to be entertainment, it has become a legal zone for criminal activity by the Station properties. The company is unethical and has proven to be the worst in Las Vegas. They especially target people playing Buffalo machines and it is because they have become so popular. They even go as far as 95% of the machines as well. If you have experienced any of the Station properties doing this and you continue to lose every time you play there please file a complaint with the gaming board.

I am trying to protect all locals from this happening to you. We have set out a team to investigate the properties while collecting data for 2013. Please reply to this if you have had the same thing happen to you and you found yourself losing every single time.

mark0 Sep 04, 2013

i wuz talkin to a cocktail waitrss at tha rock she tol me they been firin peeps and layin off an puttin em onna extra on call so they dont haveta pay any benefits! plus she tol me the bossez r eatin and drinkin it up gettin comps from host bossz dey r cheatin usin gamblerz comps fer demselvz

• Kr
    KrissManly Aug 29, 2013

Here are some places to avoid playing: Sunset Station, Green Valley Ranch (GVR), Palace Station, Fiesta Henderson and all Wildfires. They continue to take away players benefits especially if your a Chairman or President. You can't even use your points for concessions at any of the movie theaters on their properties. They have taken away so many perks that it no longer pays to have status at any of their properties. They should be ashamed of themselves!

badcasinohunter Aug 22, 2013

Station Casino's ring in suckers on the drawing nights which is sad! They steal from locals daily!

• Sl
    Slot4fun Aug 22, 2013

Here is the deal with Station Casinos. They are trying to draw in more and more penny players with swipe and wins so that they can steal from them legally. Here are some of the casinos stealing daily from players especially chairmen and president players, the list is long: Green Valley Ranch (GVR), Sunset Station, Fiesta Henderson, Boulder Station, Palace Station and all Wildfires. Players are figuring them out now and if you notice when you walk into the casino that the machines are about 80% vacant of players except on drawing nights which is when the suckers run in masses to listen for their numbers to be called.

The truth is that your number will not likely be called if you aren't a chairman with over 400, 000 points. The casino hosts don't ever return calls and they never comp anymore. Card status means nothing at any Station property these days. I hope all locals get some insight from this and call the bluff of the casino because without all of us they fail and Station Casino's learned that from the last bankruptcy which will more than likely happen once again!

• Sl
    Slot4fun Aug 22, 2013

Station casinos are a complete scam!!!

mark0 Aug 13, 2013

ima Chairman card holder too my casino host cant give me comps she told me her boss at Red Rock said they are goin public with stock soon so everythins tight the swipe and win is only for the high rollers with a lotta entries the host put in fer them

badcasinohunter Jul 27, 2013

Station Casinos swipe and win is a complete scam! They only give you drawings or $5 dining vouchers. Occasionally they give 1000 points or buffet but who cares! They tighten their machines up so bad that we went to the strip to play and actually won. Sunset Station, Green Valley and all Wildfires are some of the worst properties around.

• To
    Tony1234567 Jul 05, 2013

Station Casinos steal from locals bottom line!

badcasinohunter Jun 24, 2013

Station Casino's are thieves and the owners deserved to be locked up! The gaming board should investigate the casino company!

badcasinohunter Jun 23, 2013

Station Casino's Properties are some of the worst in Las Vegas. They steal daily from locals and even recently got approved to steal from people online. The new players card and point system is not good at all. In fact it is a complete scam because they give multipliers so that you are drawn in to play all your money for less than 5% of what you put into a machine. They even give free buffets on Monday's or Tuesday's for President and Chairman so that they too can come in and pay 10 times for the not so free buffets!

Locals need to wake up to what Frank J. Fertitta III (CEO) of Station Casino's is doing here. The greed is so thick that if they didn't learn from the last bankruptcy filing they will be doing it once again. Many President's and Chairman are leaving the Station's because the roll over points were taken away and the machines are horrible in paying out. Recently they added more Buffalo machines because they became popular among players and since they new that information, what did they do??? They tighten those so tight that you could hear a mouse in the background instead of a bonus round.

My advice is to stay away from Station Casino Properties and find a casino which is by itself or only a few. I can't tell you which is the best because all casino's have faults but I do know for sure that Station Casino's are crooks! As a former Chairman, I hope others learn from what I did research on over the last three years. I lost a lot of money doing this but in hopes that it can keep people from going broke over the greed of this company...

• Tr
    truthb4allelse May 08, 2013

Station Casinos are thieves and treat locals bad!

Sean2013 Mar 24, 2013

Station casinos since they came out of bankruptcy have been changing the pay outs on their machines. They are taking every penny from players especially locals. I do not recommend anyone playing for 3 times the points because it simply isn't worth it! My wife and I became presidents and now the casino has removed roll over points and status has been thrown out the window. My other family members were chairmen and they see what is happening. The casino is going to lose locals for good because of this bad move to tighten machines and take money from us without a chance to play. It is a sad day in Las Vegas when the Nevada gaming board never does anything about it.

mars rachelle Apr 02, 2011

I came in to visit Boulder's new Grande Cafe, which opened recently. I was told by management to come in and enjoy the NEW experience. "This is not the OLD cafe", I was told. They were right - Its WORSE!!! The food took over 40 minutes for 2 sandwhiches. Its was not terribly busy, but busy enough for the server to be occupied with her other tables. I needed a refill of soda and noticed about 3 buspersons rambling around with empy trays, not one lifting a finger to help their server. I finally flagged one down and asked them for a refil. Instead of getting a refill the busperson replied, " I'll let your server know when she comes around''. In that time . the busser could have walked over and gotten a refill themselves.I was later informed that that was the new policy, that the bussers could not get refill, drink order, even so much as a to go box for the customer!! I guess they weren't suppose to interact with us at all. Hows that for customer service - WE LOVE LOCALS!! My point is that if the busser is on the payroll, why not utilize their time where needed and atleast get your money's worth instead of having them just stand around waiting for a table to finish just to wipe the table. Hell, you could pay a monkey to do that in bananas!