Sooner Ride TransportationDon't ever transport a patient thinking you will be reimbursed!

D

Sooner ride Transportation....Atlanta, Georgia - main office Regional office for Oklahoma is in Oklahoma City. Don't ever transport a patient thinking you will be reimbursed. It may happen, but you are one of the lucky ones if it does. I drove 245 miles of which they only reimburse $.20 per mile but in my case not one penny. I forgot a doctor's signature on the mileage reimbursement form and I called Sooner ride and they told me to ask the Dr. to send them a letter on their letterhead stating the date the person was discharged and they would reimburse. I did this and I also did it for another person that I transported. I picked one up in Tulsa and took him home (50 miles from where I live although they Do Not pay you from where you came from -only from the place you pick them up to where you take them. The other person was in McAlester and both lived in Hugo Ok. I called them one last time and they said they never got the letters from the Dr.'s and basically to start all over EVEN WITH THE TRIP NO'S which they gave me I told them to forget it! I'm writing this to warn others to beware and whatever you do if you transport anyone be sure to follow all guidelines to the letter or forget about reimbursement - no matter what they say. I have lots of documentation and am going to try to fax a complaint directly to SoonerRide but I I don't think the fax number they gave me is bogus... Steer Clear!

• Be
    berean Oct 18, 2020

I had a driver named Everette who was a little off color. Ok, so a lot of people are. He got a little rude because I shut his van door too hard (sub contract driver using his own vehicle). He had arrived an hour late and I was about to call to ask where my ride was but we made it with ten minutes to spare. Next time, he arrived two hours before the two hour trip. Then had to stop and get gas before leaving town. Then had to stop and meet a family member to give gas money. We were going to be late so he averaged 80 miles an hour, sometimes more. The car had a lot of cigarette smoke in it, and I was coughing a lot, as I'm very sensitive to it. I dropped that info in the course of conversation. Then he had to reach down onto the front passenger floorboard for something. While we're speeding along, passing everything. I grit my teeth. I finally said, "Really?" when I saw him texting on his phone. He ended that. After my dr appt, he picked me back up and he had been smoking in the van again. He still drove too fast returning. First time I have ever made a complaint. Next time, he was late arriving, and still had to pick up two other people. We stopped half way, as someone had to use a bathroom. I went, too, and then I had to stand around until the three of them finished their cigarettes. One had an appt at 9:00, the other's was at 9:30. Mine was for 10:00. They had ridden with him several times and liked him, laughed at his off color jokes. The others said they would be late but the doctors would let them come in anyway. Everett said he would drop me off first, as my office was first and close to the highway. I was 15 minutes early. The other two sure weren't early. Sooner ride tried to send him again and I reminded them about my complaint. They found someone else. Next time, he didn't show up!! A friend had to take off work to take me, and I couldn't afford to pay her gas money. He made some excuse that he didn't get the order, but they had confirmed my ride the evening before. I had to go, as it was for a back implant surgery. I had different drivers for other appointments. My sister has terminal cancer and so I was to fly out there, again, my back recheck appt was the day before. HE DID NOT SHOW UP. I had to miss that. The office said they didn't even have a note I'd called. I am back home, and I think the specialist is about to drop me for missed appointments. While I was gone to my sister's the first time, I had had to reschedule that surgery 3 times. Tomorrow I am going in for that recheck. Guess who just called me to tell me he will be my driver! Just no! They had said they would try to get someone else . So when they open at 7 am, I will be calling them. Praying they will have someone else. I want to cry.

• Ka
    KathrynDawn Jun 08, 2020

I had an appointment in oklahoma city. as we were about to depart from my dr's appointment to head home a call came in for the driver to pick up a patient from the integris hospital in edmond. the patient was picked up & as we were leaving the hospital the driver had taken this person to dialysis & dr's appointments & noted that they had his "old" address & asked if he moved back. he stated no... they were to take him to his home in guthrie, which was just 30mins away. driver contacted sooner... they said he was scheduled to be taken to his old address in clinton oklahoma which was 1 1/2hrs away... they were to take him to that address & if no one responded to him knocking on the door then they could take him to a family member &/or a friends place in clinton. it did not matter that for the past 3 weeks they had been picking him up 3 times per week taking him to dialysis from his home in guthrie & returning him back to his home in guthrie. they blamed the mix up on him... it was the hospital that contacted the company to pick him up so they had his new adddress therefore it was sooner who made the mistake... this was the "first time" he was in that hospital so they had his new address... do you see what they did to this man... how bad sooner ride has gotten... it was unbelievable they did not want to admit this mistake was made... they did not want to give permission to make a 30min trip to his home... no way they made him go back to his old address to which no one was there... I witness it all he was taken to his daughter who thankfully lived in clinton... this is disgusting... why is the state not doing better... it's as if they want to punish ppl for having to use this service...!!! this all happened may 2020...!! when there is a problem the ppl especially supervisors are some of the most unnacceptable behaviors so unbecoming of a person who is supposed to be professional. its beyond sickening repulsive vulgar unprofessional abusive demeaning they don't care period...!!

• Gl
    Glenda Cousland Jun 09, 2011

Jay with Immediate Care called me the night before my son's appointment & told me they had to pick him up 2 1/2 hrs. before his appointment. My disabled son with life threatening health problems waited out in the heat for 45 mins. before they picked him up. When my son was finished with his appointment @ 11:30 I called them & told them he was ready to be picked up. They didn't show until 2:00 to pick him up. Then they tell me he's not there & they can't do anything about it. So I called Ivan @ sooner ride. He tells me the driver was driving in the parking lot & couldn't find my son & they had to leave him where ever he was at. I call the Indian Resouce Center they told me they couldn't find my son inside or outside in the parking lot & they didn't know what happened to him. So I had to call the police in Pryor & Tulsa to fill out a missing person report. The police couldn't find him. Finally after 2 1/2 hrs of pure torment for me my son calls & said they had picked him up after all & he had been in the parking lot the whole time waiting on them but he didn't know the car. No one ever called me to tell me they did pick my son up. This was all uncalled for & put me through living crap for no reason. Mean while I'm stuck in an electric wheelchair at home in Pryor & no way to find my son & that bunch took I don't care attutide. I have heart problems too & I thought I was going to drop dead at any second because I was so worried about my son & my heart was really missing up. These companys really missed up big time.