Similac FormulaScam

P

After finding out that my son's formula was recalled I was directed to the recall page. I was instructed to put my information in the site and they would send me a FedX box/mailing lable in 3 days. THEN it says that only AFTER they recieve my recalled formula will they send the refund and it will take 4-6 WEEKS before I recieve that. When I tried to call the recall line to see if there was any other option to get the refund faster I was disconnected the first call. After that I spent 5 minutes pushing buttons to get to the speak with a representitive option. SO it starts ringing then beeps says line is busy visit our website and disconnected me AGAIN! What would they like me to use to feed my son for the next 2 weeks? Considering their formula is 26 dollars a can so that's 50 dollars I havent budgeted for to buy new cans!

• Po
    pobarjenkins Sep 26, 2010

It is very often that you can just return the item to the store that you bought it from and they will give you a refund. Then Similac reimburses the store. It's worth a shot.

ChristinaMcGill007 Dec 09, 2010

I hear you! What a pain I had with this whole recall thing and I had to get rid of over $100 worth of formula and was not compensated for it. I have returned my formula and have yet to see a check or replacement formula for what I sent. I am writing a formal letter to the company with the receipt from the formula that I bought and need refunded. I hope this gets resolved for you as well!