ShamWowripoff

J

i got these so i could wipe off my car quickly when i wash it. the towels do pick up water but not like on the ad where it picks up ALL water at once. they also leave a fabric residue. on the ad the guy states to put them in the washer and then the dryer. when you get them the paper that comes with them states DONT put in a dryer. LIES. i wrote to the guy on the site and told him this. never got a reply. stay away from this product. hes getting 20.00 for 8 towels and if a million people order hes made 20 million in just days.

• Cl
    ClaireJoy Aug 17, 2016

I bought Sham Wow! about a year ago and it works great! Our basement flooded a few months ago and Sham Wow! cleaned it up! I absolutely LOVE this product!

• De
    Dean Compton Aug 17, 2016

This product does not do as advertised and is a waste of money. It is good for a grease rag or cleaning off paint from your hands but it is not absorbent at all as advertised and I do not recommend this product.

"The facts are the facts."

• Sd
    SDJP Feb 10, 2011

I ordered the Shamwow and paid for expedited shipping ... I was corrected by their "customer service" to say that it was expedited processing! So I paid more for Shamwow to get my money quicker! I checked on their website and found I have not received the product so I cannot comment on how it works ... but I will when I use it.

• La
    ladygullible Sep 10, 2010

Shamwow really does make me say "Wow" everytime... As in, "WOW, WHAT A SHAM!"

• Wy
    wykydjack Jan 06, 2010

Well I use the shamwow product and it has worked every single time for me...the glass cloth included...my kids have spilled things on the rugs and using it as described has worked a treat in soaking up all the excess spillage...plus when it's wet you can flog flies in midair...the blue cloths are good for cleaning the bathroom...and you can wash them with the laundry and they come up a treat...and all your clothes are dry coming out of the washer...no I jest about that one...but you get the drift...chamois have been around for years and years...we used them to clean cars back in the day...so if you're having problems then mayhaps you got ripped, or else you are not using the product correctly...or maybe I'm just a lucky custy...Blessings for the New Year to all...

• Ra
    ravensmom Dec 21, 2009

I got ripped off bad! I didnt complete my order on their website but backed out before going past the first page because my husband had told me to get it then he said he was joking. Somehow they still got my information because there was a charge of almost 40$ to my bank account from these people and when I called them to tell them to cancel the order they said they couldnt and they had already shipped it. As consolation they offered to knock 8$ off my next order! What a scam! So now I have this crap I never intended to get and am stuck with it because it would cost me more money to send it back than its worth. BEWARE! Dont even start to make an order to these people.

• Bi
    bigmansas Oct 07, 2009

I ordered the scamwows, and got charged 3 times, and got 3 sepperate orders sent to my home over a 2 day period. I opened one of the packs and washed my car, then used one of the orange shamwows to dry it. It didn't do anything but leave small scratches in my paint. It took about 2 months to get my money back, and they wouldn't refund my shipping costs, even though they mistakingly sent and charged me for 3 sepperate orders. Don't waste your time or money on this scam!

nancy May 20, 2009

yes i have this information and that # is no good and no address is given inorder to right a letter, these websites are for placing orders.

N

nancy May 20, 2009

I placed the phone order for Shamwow clothes back on 3/9/09 they were quick on taking my $28.00 that included the shipping and tax, but I still Haven't received the product and the 800# for them is no longer working and I have no other means of contacting them. If you do please advice me.

Nancy Garcia

• Ht
    hteghgh Apr 24, 2009

blasphemous!!!

• Lu
    Lucky Bob Apr 13, 2009

Look guys you saw how cheap the ad was so why did you think that it would work? In fairness...

• Ta
    tag Apr 09, 2009

Commercials exaggerate. That's a given. I filled a bowl with water and did what the guy in the commercial did. Shamwow sucked the bowl dry. I spilled a bunch of water on the floor and wiped it up with my shamwow in seconds. The product is great for spills. However, once you absorb a spill, it will just hold the water. You have to really wring them out. Washing them in a machine does make them lose their form and they get thin and start peeling. You should hand wash them, wring them out, and hang them out to dry. Like the others said, these are just a few steps up from paper towels. Using them with towels and paper towels is probably your best bet.

• I work for shamWow, I can tell you they are made very cheaply. they also pay their employees very poorly, crap benefits etc. I am one of the few who can surf the net while at work so it isn't all bad though. My supervisor is coming so I should go I guess. p/s John sucks.

I posted this through proxy so they can't figure out who I am. linux rules!

• Fa
    fatrat Mar 29, 2009

I think most of you are buying the wrong product or are just plain ignorant! I got 2 sets for 20.00 and they are awesome! Our local news does a try it before you buy it segment and they did exactly as the commercial spot did. Don't put them in the dryer. My friend accidentally did it and it shrunk them and made them thinner. They dry my dog better than drying her with a towel does and glass cleaner sprayed on a damp towel cleans glass top stoves, windows and mirrors wonderfully.

I do wish there was a size in between the 2 that was square though and I guess that would be my complaint.

• Wo
    wowpeniswow Mar 18, 2009

shamwow sucks?:)

Anal Mar 12, 2009

Shamwow was developed during the holocaust, made from the skin of Jews after the discovery that they were extremely absorbent.

• Dm
    dm1 Mar 10, 2009

I fell for the commercial, but did not buy from the tv. I bought from Regal. You know, kinda like Avon but for house wares.
    They don't work great at all.
    The little blue ones are good for nothing and the orange ones do not dry the car completely in one swipe. I'm better off using the chamois from Canadian Tire!!
    You'll be saying "ScamWow" everytime!!

• Li
    Lil Kitty Mar 08, 2009

I bought some shamwows, and yes i fell for the comercial. They do work a bit better than paper towels, and you can reuse them, but the company LIES! It did NOT hold up to 20x its weight in liquid, only 9! It did drip, and here's the best part... I BOUGHT IT IN A STORE! ya thats right you Shamwow liars! i bought it in Canadian Tire! ha! no shipping/handling fees. Thats one problem solved. Another thing, what are they made of? I emailed "Ronnysquareonent" and all he said was that is was made of a "rayon-type material". I've only had it a month, and i have only used the little blue minis for experiments, and i think they are just not worth $20. i havn't used the big ones... yet. Maybe in the long run they'll pay off, but even the so-called "Experts" can't say. Just like that chic on Market Place says... YOUR BUSTED!

• Bo
    bob Mar 06, 2009

to all you haters i own shamwow and it is the best product ive bought for cleaning it actually works

• Ta
    tacostand Feb 23, 2009

does any one not know that you have to get it wet!!! ok so it doesn't absorb well cuz it is probably dry and that is why it is leaving cloth fibers. shamwows are amazing get ur head straight.

Nancy Berends Feb 05, 2009

SHAMWOW DOESN'T WORK DON'T BUY THESE COMPLETE WASTE OF MONEY!!!

• Kr
    KristalB Jan 27, 2009

Shamwow is a scam, the commercial is crap, pay attention to the carpet part amazingly the liquid dissapears on its own. I have seen the exact same thing at a local store here in St. Louis it's made in Germany for about $1 .

• Sh
    Shamblows Jan 22, 2009

They're good to wipe you a** with

• Gentlemen, I do believe we have established the fundamentals of our thesis by proclaiming our dissatisfaction of this ''shamwow'' Marketing item. However, the mere ramblings of internet rabble is hardly problematic to the leaders, sellers, masterminds and director of this farce. Strike them, I say! let these pitiful wretches wallow in the despair they have forced upon the home of millions, by selling the outrageously well presented item at the staggering price of 19, 99! let the rabble take up fork and spear and torch, let us march to the hive of ### and vilainy that is Germany(why, I mean no harm to the good germanic people, only the miserable excuse for humans who dwell and prosper with such fraud), let us find this ''vince offer'' and let him burn with the sorrow and pain they have caused us! My good ladies and sirs, I believe the path hath been laid cleanly in front of you. my work here is done. fare thee well.

(as soon as his speech is concluded, this little child-like figure hops down a pedestral that was not here before and disappears in a flash of blue light. a pile of pitchforks and spears lay in his place, ### well as several plane tickets bound for the german capital.)

• Pa
    paddyfitz Jan 07, 2009

Elfstone, Obama bought the election with his $750, 000 war chest. When the terrorists attack us again, which they will, you'll be crying for Bush back in there. I see you're kinda slow, so do I need to explain it better? And Obama is not "America's First Black President". He's America's first MULATTO president. Everyone always conveniently leaves out the part that he's half white and was raised by whites while his black father was running around the world impregnating white women. And everyone tries to make Obama's past so glamorous and rags to riches. HAHAHAHA. Look at how many scandals he's directly linked to and he hasn't even taken the oath yet!!! More to come as the real Obama comes out of his shell.

Mike Jan 07, 2009

Elfboy, you're the idiot. I was referring to his cabinet appointments. He doesn't have to be president to do this. Try reading very slowly, then read it twice more and you'll understand. Or maybe next time, I should explain it in simpler words for ###s.

• El
    ElfStone Jan 05, 2009

Mike posted :
    2 days ago by Mike
    What happend to all the "CHANGE" Obama was promising? Looks like more of the same.

OK Mike, let's try this (I am typing very slowly so you can understand)

Exactly when did Obama take office? Oh yeah, that's right, HE HASN'T!

What an idiot!

• Da
    dabomb15 Jan 05, 2009

I tried to dry my ### off with this thing after i took a dump... it didnt ###ing work. Needless to say i was rather upset. So one of my friends got drunk and pissed on the floor and I couldnt clean that up either. Scamwow is really bad ill stick with a paper towle or a dry vac.

Mike Jan 02, 2009

Mike Jan 02, 2009

The one thing that all the scammers on TV have in common is that they are after your CREDIT CARD NUMBER or your checking account. Their intention is to overcharge you or make a recurring payment schedule without your knowledge. They know that if they do this to thousands of people, a certain number of them won't bother trying to get a refund and leave those dollars in their deep pockets. The most notorious one that does this is the guy that says "Buy My Product".

anonymous complainer Dec 01, 2008

shamwow is a scam i bought it at bed baths and beyond for 18 dollars and it sucked its almost the same as a regular paper towel except it may be reused but the absrobent performance is the same as a paper towel
    i couldnt even return it causes it used it once... never buy shamwow because its a SHAM
    plus on the box i bought it with it says no drip... i wiped up a puddle of water and it dripped >.<
    plus it started leaving peices of its cloth when i wiped my dads car

• Jg
    jg Nov 23, 2008

all of you are ###ed for buying ### off of tv. why don't you order an obama commemorative plate while you're at it.

• Ba
    Barry Sanderlin Nov 22, 2008

I wouldn't trust any company that would willing select an annoying sociopathic con man as a TV representative.

• At
    Attorney General Nov 18, 2008

SCAM WOW is now spamming me to death! They obviously bought my address from some other scamming organization (my bank?) and now I get at least 10 emails a day from this scammy chamois outfit. By the way, the chamois is 10x's better than SCAM WOW!

John Nov 01, 2008

I like tits.

Also, women are baby makers and aren't good for anything else.

OBAMA/BIDEN FOR PRESIDENT!

• Bi
    big mike Nov 01, 2008

People are stupid.
    First off, that guy is probably not the owner. So "he" is not getting 20 million for a million sales.
    If the company does do 20 million they also have to pay employees, pay for process and materials, insurances, and those advertisements that got you to buy. Its a business. Youre stupid if you think a towel is gonna pick up all water or work that well. It would barely need to be advertised! Wake up

• Li
    line vallee Oct 30, 2008

shamwow is not worth spending a dime on them.I baught them n they are not working well at all.Use them once n i trow them in garbage. Shamwow is a piece of ### never buy ### from tv adds.

• Wh
    Whory McSluterson Oct 30, 2008

Shamwow Towels are amazing!!! So I was gangbanging three black guys and afterword I set the Shamwow on my pooter and it sucked out all of the baby gravy! Amazing product that should be an any [censored]s purse.

• Kr
    k-roq Oct 28, 2008

my son pisses all over the walls of our house and the shamWOW didn't absorb any of it. total scam.

• Do
    Donna Murphy Oct 25, 2008

In the past, I used to fall for those infomercials and I have gotten a few good products, but nothing that has actually ever done what the seller claims. Since I began to research anything and everything I have ever been drawn to from an infomercial, I haven't bought anything in at least two years. The thing that tickles me is that the research I've done finds all of the idiots (including myself) that have fallen for it. People will say anything for a buck and the reason why is because People fall for it. I would take Troy's advice and do some further research such as calling customer service first and talking to a "person". But I don't believe it's foolproof. I have the Six star knives from Ronco (my son bought them for me two years ago), while the knives are not horrible, they are not nearly as good as the infomercial claims. Also, two of the steak knives broke and I have to this date not been able to get through to customer service to get them replaced. They have a lifetime warranty. If one breaks they are supposed to replace it, but I have been trying for two months to get through and have not yet been able to. I was on hold for an hour and a half once. I even tried CS on the site. I wrote three emails and still have not received a response. It's all about money people... Don't waste yours...