Rodger's Roofs - Des Moines, IowaDishonest business practices

A person who said his name was Rodger Anderson, presenting himself as an independent construction contractor, was in Des Moines Iowa requesting help with a temporary labor job. His business card read "Rodger's Roofs," and listed 3 phone numbers, but no address.

Two of my friends and I agreed to do the job after he agreed on a set rate of pay for each of us; he said we would be paid after the job was completed, as he was actually working for a different contractor called "Ollie" and no one would be paid until the job was finished.

After we completed the job, Rodger said he would pay us in a few days, as he couldn't deal with checks on a Saturday, and gave each of us a few dollars in the interim.

However, despite numerous calls from my friends to Rodger's cellphone (as the listed phones were disconnected), he never came through with what he owed to us.

I found "Ollie" by way of a local newspaper listing; this person said he'd get the matter cleared up, and that was the last I heard on the matter.

First- Rodger Anderson hires people that he knows needs spot-labor income, and rips us off;

Second- while the people who hire an independent contractor generally assume the contractor will be doing the work, this guy spent most of those workdays smoking pot on their property while the three of us were up on the roofs doing his job.

I urge people in Des Moines Iowa and surrounding areas, that if you need roofing work done, do not hire Rodger Anderson of "Rodger's Roofs," or, for that matter, "Ollie" who is now aware of Rodger's dishonest business practices but did nothing about it.